Spring PractiSe #3: Friday March 8

Not sure I agree on that. Poff seems like he's not a bad option at all and nickel is more advanced as a passer than most kids his age. I think we run with what we got next year depending on subtraction from the room.
I agree full open competition next season.
Ideally everyone steps up and we go Ward -> Poff -> Emory/Nickel

Advertisement
Not sure I agree on that. Poff seems like he's not a bad option at all and nickel is more advanced as a passer than most kids his age. I think we run with what we got next year depending on subtraction from the room.
I know Poff is a gamer and I have respect for that but it seems like there's a good drop off from Cam to either of those guys. You're closer to it than I am for sure tho. You think those guys could develop into playoff level qbs? I'm just wondering if those guys are capable of what I'm hoping the direction of the offense will be.. are they capable of being a step up from Cam? I'm ready for Miami to be one of the top 5 when it comes to five star qb destinations.

I hate nepo baby favoritism. And specifically to Mario, it looks hypocritical while he's preaching about meritocracy when the kid is so clearly not Miami material. But I've gotten over it. If Dabo and Jimbo could get away with it, I suppose Mario is entitled.
Man… nepotism is strong in pretty much any industry or discipline you can name. And it’s not going anywhere.

“Backs have been scratched and the favor will be returned”… 🐾 🐾

Surely you wouldn’t believe Cody Orgeron got an analyst position here because he was solely the most qualified right? And that’s not to say he isn’t an impressive guy who can’t contribute but relationships matter.

I hate nepo baby favoritism. And specifically to Mario, it looks hypocritical while he's preaching about meritocracy when the kid is so clearly not Miami material. But I've gotten over it. If Dabo and Jimbo could get away with it, I suppose Mario is entitled.
I don’t understand this whole line of thinking.
It’s spring ball. Guys are still out recovering. The press sees 20 min of drill work etc. There isn”t now and never has been ANYTHING done that indicates what you claim.

SMH. Let the spring play out.

I know Poff is a gamer and I have respect for that but it seems like there's a good drop off from Cam to either of those guys. You're closer to it than I am for sure tho. You think those guys could develop into playoff level qbs? I'm just wondering if those guys are capable of what I'm hoping the direction of the offense will be.. are they capable of being a step up from Cam? I'm ready for Miami to be one of the top 5 when it comes to five star qb destinations.
You guys have to understand what a college qb is asked to be for a evenly developed squad. #1 the only one who has the potential to be a step up from Cam would be nickel if he continues to progress. But obviously that's impossible to say as he's still a high school senior and hasn't seen anything yet of what's to come. But we don't need someone to be at cams level. Cam is the perfect qb for THIS squad because we still have our share of holes throughout. Because of that factor we need a qb who can carry us with high level play. Think of all the qbs who excelled in college only to prove to be very basic at the next level. Mac Jones for God's sake was a first round, playoff qb at this level. So when we look at what we want out of the position, understand that what we want is someone who isn't a liability first and foremost. If you're capable of getting the ball in your playmakers hands and limiting the negatives throughout then we'll be fine. That's how you win in playoff football.

Advertisement
Brother he's NOT gonna be anywhere near the field come fall ball. Understand yall don't always see what's real at this point in camp.

I hear from gators fans that he’s just waiting to be given the green light to commit from billy. You know, cause napier has never been known to take commitments prematurely
I watched him play last yr. A good friend lives in Osceola County...and took me to watch him. He's not going to UF....Don't care what those Capri pants wearing MFers think. Kid idolizes Ray Lewis.

I don’t understand this whole line of thinking.
It’s spring ball. Guys are still out recovering. The press sees 20 min of drill work etc. There isn”t now and never has been ANYTHING done that indicates what you claim.

SMH. Let the spring play out.

It’s not about spring ball, it’s the fact he’s even on the team and we couldn’t find an alternative center/OG in the portal. But I’m done complaining about it. It is what it is.

Advertisement
I watched him play last yr. A good friend lives in Osceola County...and took me to watch him. He's not going to UF....Don't care what those Capri pants wearing MFers think. Kid idolizes Ray Lewis.
Oh. I’m aware that if it comes down to Mario vs billy, he’s definitely all cane

What if it is meritocracy why he is starting for spring and You just don’t know that. We aren’t in summer/fall camp. Coaches do things differently in spring for reasons. Could be starter in name only, not like we are out there counting reps

Last edited:
Advertisement
You guys have to understand what a college qb is asked to be for a evenly developed squad. #1 the only one who has the potential to be a step up from Cam would be nickel if he continues to progress. But obviously that's impossible to say as he's still a high school senior and hasn't seen anything yet of what's to come. But we don't need someone to be at cams level. Cam is the perfect qb for THIS squad because we still have our share of holes throughout. Because of that factor we need a qb who can carry us with high level play. Think of all the qbs who excelled in college only to prove to be very basic at the next level. Mac Jones for God's sake was a first round, playoff qb at this level. So when we look at what we want out of the position, understand that what we want is someone who isn't a liability first and foremost. If you're capable of getting the ball in your playmakers hands and limiting the negatives throughout then we'll be fine. That's how you win in playoff football.
What positions/groups would u consider holes? I have my suspicions, but I'd rather not jump straight into an argument with the sunshine pumpers by pointing them out.

Advertisement
I don’t think you’re wrong but also I don’t see an issue with this though. Pay 2 mill for an elite high school recruit or a proven upper classmen?

If the right situation pops up there’s always exceptions of course but just look around at the 5 star QBs bolting immediately. Really strange times

Dude cry me a river. If I’m a head coach and my nephew plays d1 at a position I consider my specialty and he is willing to come work his *** off and sit the bench, he is on my team: if you can’t understand that your miserable human being searching hard for stuff to cry about.

Dude cry me a river. If I’m a head coach and my nephew plays d1 at a position I consider my specialty and he is willing to come work his *** off and sit the bench, he is on my team: if you can’t understand that your miserable human being searching hard for stuff to cry about.

Come work his *** off and be on the team is fine.

Stealing (yes, I ******* said stealing) reps from Bruno, Bell, and Okunlola is unacceptable.

Come work his *** off and be on the team is fine.

Stealing (yes, I ******* said stealing) reps from Bruno, Bell, and Okunlola is unacceptable.

Yeah everything we have heard is he is working his *** off… if a dude needs to be motivated to get out there and outwork someone then they need someone out there in front of them every day. I don’t care if it’s on the field in the weight room or in the class or what. If those dudes were killing it as the coaches expect they wouldn’t be behind anyone.

Advertisement
Back