Spring PractiSe #3: Friday March 8

Advertisement
Jaccuri has the physical tools, I don't think Emory does. If JB can put everything together he will be our starter in 2025. Emory has everything but the physical tools. He's fine to fill in for a game or two but I think he's going to be a career backup for us.
Neither arr ever going to start here outside of possibly spot duty regardless. By the way the make up to play qb doesn't involve simply running. Emory is more built to play qb as of now than jacurri. Either way poffenbarger in all likelihood starts next year and nickel the year after.

Advertisement
Elija Lofton High School Offensive Stats:

-Receiving: 82 catches / 1893 yards / 23.1 yards per catch average with 30 TD's.
-Rushing: 27 rushes / 178 yards / 6.6 yards per carry average with 16 TD's.

46 TD's. Nice. Kid is incredibly versatile.
Very good comp with him coming out of Gorman as well

Neither arr ever going to start here outside of possibly spot duty regardless. By the way the make up to play qb doesn't involve simply running. Emory is more built to play qb as of now than jacurri. Either way poffenbarger in all likelihood starts next year and nickel the year after.
I get it's not all about running but JB is 6'4 225 with a big arm and the speed of a RB. He's just not very accurate and struggles reading the field. If he can fix these things he might be a starter one day. He's got some Henden Hooker to his game, Hooker was a horrible passer for VT but had the physical tools and then after transferring to Tennessee as a senior the light finally turned on

I get it's not all about running but JB is 6'4 225 with a big arm and the speed of a RB. He's just not very accurate and struggles reading the field. If he can fix these things he might be a starter one day. He's got some Henden Hooker to his game, Hooker was a horrible passer for VT but had the physical tools and then after transferring to Tennessee as a senior the light finally turned on
The light COULD absolutely turn on. But at this point to say he's not VERY accurate is a drastic understatement. He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from 5 ft away consistently. His problem is he's not anything more than a physical specimen at this point and it doesn't seem like that's gonna change any time soon. He was a focal point for development his first two years here and his development has been minimal. Hopefully for his sake and ours (considering his upside) that light will come on & he'll somehow still be here when that happens. I just don't see either of those two things taking place.

Advertisement
The light COULD absolutely turn on. But at this point to say he's not VERY accurate is a drastic understatement. He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from 5 ft away consistently. His problem is he's not anything more than a physical specimen at this point and it doesn't seem like that's gonna change any time soon. He was a focal point for development his first two years here and his development has been minimal. Hopefully for his sake and ours (considering his upside) that light will come on & he'll somehow still be here when that happens. I just don't see either of those two things taking place.
2024 should show us a lot about him. If he's still having significant accuracy issues in year 3 then it might just never happen.

I honestly believe Brown would be better served going where he’ll be a sure starter and get tons of reps. G5 school then trade back up if he takes a step or two.

2024 should show us a lot about him. If he's still having significant accuracy issues in year 3 then it might just never happen.
How do you feel it shows us that? He has already shown us he rejects running packages and at best he is the #3 qb. When do you feel he's gonna have an opportunity to show this growth? If he does get that chance I'd venture to say we're ****ed. More than likely that would mean we had some significant injury concerns.

Going to keep my expectations low for now. TAMU game last year had me bought in on offensive creativity and then it slowly got worse and worse as the year went on.
I think it had a lot to do with the QB situation. Once TVD malfunctioned, Mario stepped in and switched to gorilla ball and beat Clemson. The running backs were all banged up too. Luckily we should have great depth at both spots and more than I can remember at TE, WR and OL.
I think we throw way more than people think. Also, remember Ward wants to be under center more so I think you’ll see more 21 personnel. Fingers crossed

Advertisement

banana_tailpipe_1785.jpg

Advertisement
Crying about Lou Cristobal means your life sucks...

I hate nepo baby favoritism. And specifically to Mario, it looks hypocritical while he's preaching about meritocracy when the kid is so clearly not Miami material. But I've gotten over it. If Dabo and Jimbo could get away with it, I suppose Mario is entitled.

We're gonna be right back in the portal looking for qb1 next winter.

Advertisement
Back