Spring PractiSe 1!!! Monday March 4

View as article
Lake just posted an article on the 2 deep at the start of spring ball. I had said Powell is not a Safety but a nickle and seems like the staff does as well.

CB1: DPJ, Robert Stafford
SS: Jaden Harris, Zaquan Patterson
FS: Savion Riley, Markeith Williams
Nickle: Mishael Powell
CB2: Jadais Richard, Demetrius Freeney.

Need to bring in a true Starting Safety and another CB (flo said that someone from Marshall may be backchannelled for CB already). I would also move Markeith to a Nickle until he is able to gain weight.

Also Thomas Gore is in the 2 deep... So add a DT to the spring transfer wish list...
I know hope springs eternal this time of year, but that 2-deep alarms me.
Yes, I realize there are injuries.
No, I don't think my concern goes away once those players return.
Pray for health and offensive points.

Advertisement
Pray for health and offensive points.
I think the corners could surprise and be pretty good but there is no depth. That safety room sure looks suspect. Getting one stud transfer there would really help. Feel much better with an experienced leader at free safety and a guy like Savion Riley getting minutes as your backup vs being counted on to start.

Pray for health and offensive points
it looks a little better with D. Brown in the mix

Bryant is not a DE. I was in the sauna with him sometime last year. Nice kid, BTW. I found him on the leaner side, even for LB. (Granted, he was a true frosh.) Anyways, him at DE must be some special pass-rush package because IMO he's not built for that spot.

B77CA414-7CE4-4047-9F73-8E8D8047D528-1430-0000007B2FB0F10C.gif

Advertisement
I think the corners could surprise and be pretty good but there is no depth. That safety room sure looks suspect. Getting one stud transfer there would really help. Feel much better with an experienced leader at free safety and a guy like Savion Riley getting minutes as your backup vs being counted on to start.

I originally thought that was going to be Powell.

Lake just posted an article on the 2 deep at the start of spring ball. I had said Powell is not a Safety but a nickle and seems like the staff does as well.

CB1: DPJ, Robert Stafford
SS: Jaden Harris, Zaquan Patterson
FS: Savion Riley, Markeith Williams
Nickle: Mishael Powell
CB2: Jadais Richard, Demetrius Freeney

Need to bring in a true Starting Safety and another CB (flo said that someone from Marshall may be backchannelled for CB already). I would also move Markeith to a Nickle until he is able to gain weight.

Also Thomas Gore is in the 2 deep... So add a DT to the spring transfer wish list...
The Bolded, is exactly why Addae needed to go.

Advertisement
Bryant is not a DE. I was in the sauna with him sometime last year. Nice kid, BTW. I found him on the leaner side, even for LB. (Granted, he was a true frosh.) Anyways, him at DE must be some special pass-rush package because IMO he's not built for that spot.

Canes' Fantasy Fest has really taken on a different turn since the Schnellenberger era.

The Bolded, is exactly why Addae needed to go.

Can you clarify? I know you didn't like Addae. But are you saying all our starting and backup DBs are JAGs? I thought most people felt like Porter would be an all conference level kid this coming season. I'm assuming you like him?

Can you clarify? I know you didn't like Addae. But are you saying all our starting and backup DBs are JAGs? I thought most people felt like Porter would be an all conference level kid this coming season. I'm assuming you like him?
Think he is just stating that the ceiling is non existent. Chevis will have to coach his little heart out to elevate the talent deprived room. Could be wrong though.

Time to text Ed Hudak.
Interesting this name pops up. I've read in many places that Ed Hudak was on the "JV" squad at the U and never played a single down in any game ever. Also, he became academically ineligible and was removed from the JV team. And... he's now Chief of a police department and "security advisor" for the football team. He does walk around like he's actually done something football wise, when in fact, he really never did anything except get beat down by the real football starters. Not hating on the guy, but it seems that there are lots of people bringing out the skeletons in his closet because of the whole Gaddis thing. Also read that he showed up in uniform to an all-female cop pool party in uniform where there were ****** and butt plugs all over the pool. All the while his wife was the County Manager. He either likes *****'s and butt plugs or was trying to get some booty cheeks. Anywho, love the direction CMC is taking this program. GO CANES!!!!

Advertisement
Jason Taylor should start listening to the people on this website. If people on here think Malik shouldn't play DE, then Taylor needs to listen to them. Taylor doesn't know what he's talking about. There are people on this site who have won Defensive Player of the Year awards in the NFL and are in the Hall of Fame. We know ball

Not to speak for @Memnon but looking at that list of players does not scream lockdown or inspire tons of confidence.

This is not to say they cannot perform. Some of them have potential and may have promise but if you had to choose from a list of college DBs most of those guys would be in the lower-middle to bottom of the list.

Advertisement
I hope you understand that it is worse to pay a slightly above average QB top 5 QB money than paying a below average QB below average money. Welcome to the conversation.
i understand. he was a subpar quarterback. what part of that do you fail to understand?

LMAO - please God tell me you somehow knew Malik Bryant was in the gym with his clothes on.

Not that you happened to walk into a sauna with a mostly naked young man and recognized him as UM player Malik Bryant.

You’re studying these practice pics and rosters images too hard. Do you have access to UM facilities? Or are you stalking player profiles for where they are checking in at on their social media platforms?
Soo much to unpack with this 🤣

Advertisement
Back