Practice Time

Why would you expect Slick Richt to practice during the heat.

The guy is just here for his golden parachute. He's punching a clock.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Call me fickle, but I truly believe one of the biggest mistakes Folden made (I know there were a zillions mistakes, but hear me out), was choosing not to practice in the thick heat of South Florida weather...

I was always coached under the old-school sentiment, of: "Fatigue will make a punk outta you." And that's exactly the product Folden produced, by chosing to make these guys comfortable by practicing in the morning, and at night. Maybe Folden chose to do so, because his Pennsylvanian thin skin was peeling in the heat or something...??

Anyhow, I really really REALLY hope CMR utilizes the opportunity to make these guys battle tested, by making em fight through the humidity, ant bites, gnats, and itchy grass Miami has to offer.

You can't tell me for one minute our OL doesn't need to be out there in the heat, pushing the sled!!!

CMR, provide plenty of water, and work/coach the f&#k outta this team!!

What do you guys think?? Along with competent coaching, does practicing in the heat of the day provide an added edge, in making a tougher team or nah?

tell that to the dolphins. since the saban built that bubble they lost the biggest advantage they had.

IIRC, I seem to remember that local recruits would sometimes attend a UM practice or two when it was in the afternoon, usually when their HS team was on a bye week (not a BYU week but a BYE week). That's something else worth mentioning on this topic.

Perhaps its the engineering nerd in me but I have to wonder if there is a solution to be had by using high elevation lightning arrestors around the practice fields. Just a thought.

Tricky Richt might not even have practice. Dude is just here to get a tan, just like when he was a player.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back