Practice time during the week

Guess you haven’t “jerked” off to Rudy enough times at home yet while you’re old lady is DMing her HS sweetheart like some of these dudes.
Season 3 What GIF by The Lonely Island

Advertisement
I've made no claims about the culture either way.
No I’m saying there has been/partially will always be an issue with this if you don’t create a real business like approach that Mario is attempting to cultivate.

It isn’t easy and won’t be a given for any coach at Miami in todays world.

Players ridiculing Restrepo for working hard is just the lastest example.

I know full well that you're in agreement with me about the culture within the program being a major issue for 20 years.
First and foremost, of course. But I'd expect Mario to be addressing that. Likewise a battleship doesn't turn on a dime.

But what about a rumor that players made fun of Restrepo brought that to your mind? When was it? Who did it? Is there anyone who can confirm it?

Advertisement
First and foremost, of course. But I'd expect Mario to be addressing that. Likewise a battleship doesn't turn on a dime.

But what about a rumor that players made fun of Restrepo brought that to your mind? When was it? Who did it? Is there anyone who can confirm it?
I sure can't confirm the rumor but we've heard about resentment toward Restrepo inside the locker room, although I think it was more so related to his exclusive relationship with Van Dyke. Even if no one became upset with Restrepo for working too hard and the rumor is completely false, it does nothing to change my mind that the culture within the program is still rotten but Mario does seem equipped to fix that, although I don't know how seriously anyone is going to take him with another disappointing season where he's staring into space on the sideline doing math in his head as the clock winds down.

I sure can't confirm the rumor but we've heard about resentment toward Restrepo inside the locker room, although I think it was more so related to his exclusive relationship with Van Dyke. Even if no one became upset with Restrepo for working too hard and the rumor is completely false, it does nothing to change my mind that the culture within the program is still rotten but Mario does seem equipped to fix that, although I don't know how seriously anyone is going to take him with another disappointing season where he's staring into space on the sideline doing math in his head as the clock winds down.
Maybe someone should help him take the next step and get him an abacus.

Advertisement
Lmao no offense dude but I’d not only put $ right now that you couldn’t use an abacus without googling it but the majority of this board.

They barely teach regular math today in schools.

But nice word recognizance.
At one point in my education I had to learn to do math in binary, quartic, octal, and hexadecimal. Understanding how an abacus works is the only way to ever figure that out well enough to pass a test.

I mean do you guys really disagree that culture remains a huge issue here?

For me it began when Miami became viewed as little more than a vessel for players looking for the straightest route toward getting drafted. Taylor, Kinchens, Williams are the latest local kids instructed by their handlers to "get yo 3 and flee" without so much as considering a return for a 4th year. It was cool to call ourselves NFL U for awhile but that's had a lingering effect where kids still view this place like they do IMG Academy.

Everyone seems to agree that the culture down here in South Florida is pretty toxic from the standpoint of handlers, street agents, etc. But I believe that winning took a back seat at Miami somewhere around 2004 after Vilma, DJ, and the last of the Butch recruits departed. I guess you could say it started when the decision was made to replace Butch with Coker and letting the inmates run the asylum. Accountability, self-motivation and leadership has been largely absent ever since.
Strong points, but Bama and Jawga have been pumping out fairly consistent draft pics on the 3-and-NFL model for the past decade as well...

works for them...Miami needs to figure it out too...

Players ridiculing Restrepo for working hard is just the lastest example.

I know full well that you're in agreement with me about the culture within the program being a major issue for 20 years.
Any players who made fun of Restrepo for working hard not only need to be ***** slapped, but their mammi and pappi need a beating too for being such failures as parents.

Advertisement
Butch most certainly had limitations in regards to practices (had to with the NCAA quivering to find something else to slap us with) BUT.....the players (@Brooklyndee included) religiously practiced off campus continuously. But remember....practices during Butch's tenure were ruthless....
**** yeah. But as much as Butch worked us, our second home was tropical Park and Tamiami park. Swase had us on that ****** hill 5 hours a day 4 days a week.

I mean do you guys really disagree that culture remains a huge issue here?

For me it began when Miami became viewed as little more than a vessel for players looking for the straightest route toward getting drafted. Taylor, Kinchens, Williams are the latest local kids instructed by their handlers to "get yo 3 and flee" without so much as considering a return for a 4th year. It was cool to call ourselves NFL U for awhile but that's had a lingering effect where kids still view this place like they do IMG Academy.

Everyone seems to agree that the culture down here in South Florida is pretty toxic from the standpoint of handlers, street agents, etc. But I believe that winning took a back seat at Miami somewhere around 2004 after Vilma, DJ, and the last of the Butch recruits departed. I guess you could say it started when the decision was made to replace Butch with Coker and letting the inmates run the asylum. Accountability, self-motivation and leadership has been largely absent ever since.
Something has definitely been off.
It’s one thing to drop a game or 2 to lesser opponents.
Even championship teams do it.
But for the life of me I have not figured out why this team with talent we’ve put in the league the past 20 years couple with the level of recruiting; has basically been a .500 team.

It’s mind boggling that every year teams with horrible recruiting classes beat us either at home or on the road.
Every year several teams just happen to be better prepared and better coached. Every fckng year!!

It’s like every year we are searching for excuses and people to blame.
And the basketball schools that have beat us throughout the years have literally nothing to point to. No nattys or acc chips. Just another basketball or lower p5 program that had a decent team one year and beat the canes. How many unc coaches have beat us?
GTech owned us for a stretch.

Mario better axe that sht this year.

Advertisement
There was one consistent through all their years and that was Saban. Sure they had a lot of talent, but he had a plan and held everyone accountable from the top to the bottom. You don't get results like that by not being extremely structured.

A lot of people claim he not very likeable, I'd say he's demanding and adapts very well to personnel as well as different situations. He also isn't so stubborn as to force his ideology on everyone while not listening to new ideas and approaches. That's such a rare trait for a coach as most want to stick with what's worked even when it doesn't any longer.

Most coaches think they're the smartest guy in the room. In most situations he was and when he wasn't, he'd listen. **** of a coach. There's only one recent coach I put on his level and that's Urban who adapted better than any coach I've witnessed. He could do it at the drop of a dime as well.

Something has definitely been off.
It’s one thing to drop a game or 2 to lesser opponents.
Even championship teams do it.
But for the life of me I have not figured out why this team with talent we’ve put in the league the past 20 years couple with the level of recruiting; has basically been a .500 team.

It’s mind boggling that every year teams with horrible recruiting classes beat us either at home or on the road.
Every year several teams just happen to be better prepared and better coached. Every fckng year!!

It’s like every year we are searching for excuses and people to blame.
And the basketball schools that have beat us throughout the years have literally nothing to point to. No nattys or acc chips. Just another basketball or lower p5 program that had a decent team one year and beat the canes. How many unc coaches have beat us?
GTech owned us for a stretch.

Mario better axe that sht this year.
Speak with your spirtual advisor and emotionally prepare yourself for disappointment.

May be an optimist, but feel Mario will eventually turn around the culture. Nothing boils the blood more than ****-hole programs posing with the upside down U. Mario should play that to the hilt and post the upside down U throughout facilities. NIL money is great, but please have some pride.

Advertisement
Back