Practice starts tomorrow!

Advertisement
Open to the public?
FnXKJgsX0AA0ton

It is open to the public. I swung by for about 45 minutes on my way to the law school. Only about 5/6 people there. It was fun to watch - Carrier was banging nukes out to the wall during batting practice. Cyr is gonna be special - mark my word.
018411E9-4A9A-46C2-AD33-5D952753F908.jpeg

It is open to the public. I swung by for about 45 minutes on my way to the law school. Only about 5/6 people there. It was fun to watch - Carrier was banging nukes out to the wall during batting practice. Cyr is gonna be special - mark my word. View attachment 226672
I liked what I saw in the fall with Cyr. He booted a couple routine plays but made some spectacular plays too. He’s got that dirt dog attitude that I think will make him a crowd favorite eventually.

Advertisement
I liked what I saw in the fall with Cyr. He booted a couple routine plays but made some spectacular plays too. He’s got that dirt dog attitude that I think will make him a crowd favorite eventually.
Agreed. I didn’t realize how short Gomez was (the Nevada transfer). Really looking forward to see him and Farrow as far as transfers go.

Advertisement
Pitching, especially the starters (Ziehl, Ligon, and Rafe), continues to look better. I still don’t know if he starts over Dorian, but Cyr is such a dynamic player offensively.

Advertisement
Pitchers getting stretched to starting length: Ziehl, Ligon, Rafe, Walters, Rosario, Gallo, and Chestnutt.

Ziehl and Ligon seem to be in a really good place to make the weekend rotation. The other two spots feel more up in the air. AOD may just not be a fall person, but I don’t know who else closes other than him. Torres has been disappointing so far this spring.

Last edited:
Pitchers getting stretched to starting length: Ziehl, Ligon, Rafe, Walters, Rosario, Gallo, and Chestnutt.

Ziehl and Ligon seem to be in a really good place to make the weekend rotation. The other two spots feel more up in the air. AOD may just not be a fall person, but I don’t know who else closes other than him. Torres has been disappointing so far this spring.
Brian Walters was throwing hard as **** Friday. Of all the pitchers, he and Ziehl had the best velocity.

Brian Walters was throwing hard as **** Friday. Of all the pitchers, he and Ziehl had the best velocity.
Gino and J.D. may have to try our opener idea if the starters keep struggling to get past 5 innings. It may fit w this staff if we have some power arms arms but not enough stamina to get quality starts.

As scane alluded to in Gallo's interview, it sounds like the coaches are being more "open-minded". I guess we'll find out how open-minded they are willing to be if starters continue to falter in middle innings.

Advertisement
Personally would keep AOD at the back-end, he might be asked to complete multiple 6-9 out saves this season.

The good thing about having a sure-fire closer is you just need to get to him, and that's asking less from your starters. There should be no pressure to perform for a lengthy period of time; just get through the rotation once, see how the second time is going, and if you get 5 innings out of them...that's good enough to start the year.

I'm sure we'll see plenty of mixing and matching while they search for some continuity and pieces to emerge.

I already know Rosario is going to pi$$ me off at some point. Just praying we get the Cape version; everyone knows he has the stuff...

Advertisement
Back