Practice Report 8-9

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
-There was a snap over the punter's head in special teams work.

-The Player-Coaches today were Mike James, Allen Hurns, and Vaughn Telemaque...Kendal Thompkins played a lot in Hurns' absence and AJ Highsmith played in Telemaque's spot.

-Flowers still starting on the right side.. Didn't see Seantrel at practice

-Grimble and Clements had a little scuffle.

-Lockhart had great catch over Gunter. It seems like he's making acrobatic catches everyday.

-Morris had perfect throw to Dorsett on perfect coverage by Tracy for a TD. If it was under thrown whatsoever, it would have been picked off or knocked down by Tracy.

-Morris had probably his best day of practice yet and Williams looked very good as well.

-Herb Waters had a great practice. He beat Finnie deep for a long TD from Williams.

-None of the DBs can keep up with Dorsett, he has been the best WR throughout the first week of practice.

-Ramon Buchanon was back after coaching yesterday, and he was playing strong side linebacker with the first team. Armbrister was on the weak side, with Denzel in the middle.

-Smith/Pierre are the 1st team DT right now with Luther Robinson and Curtis Porter pushing.

-Deon Bush had another nice play in backfield, coming up to tackle the ball carrier.

-Kendal Thompkins nice rebound day after struggling yesterday.

-Kacy Rodgers dropped an easy INT off of morris, but made a really nice play to get in position. He seems to have a good understanding of the game.

-Armbrister had to go to the locker room with what seemed like a cut on his head.

-Rashawn Scott had a solid day. He caught a number of screens and slants and picked up solid YAC.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Armbrister making some moves. Good to read Morris had a good day and great to read Rashawn Scott's name being mentioned.

Advertisement
Seantrel is out with a concussion. There is now a very strict policy on how those are handled, so it could be 3-4 days at the earliest before he gets back to full contact.

I think Seantrel might be Wally Pipped if he doesn't get back soon. Not that he should rush back from a concussion, but Flowers is no joke. Maybe shift Linder to left guard and Seantrel inside to battle with Feliciano?

Our Wide receiving core is starting to look really good
Allen Hurns (Junior)
Rashawn Scott (Sophomore)
Phillip Dorsett (Sophomore)
Herb Waters (Freshman)
Robert Lockhart (Freshman)
Malcolm Lewis (Freshman)

This position has me excited for the future

Advertisement
Our Wide receiving core is starting to look really good
Allen Hurns (Junior)
Rashawn Scott (Sophomore)
Phillip Dorsett (Sophomore)
Herb Waters (Freshman)
Robert Lockhart (Freshman)
Malcolm Lewis (Freshman)

This position has me excited for the future
But, but, but there's no FSU speed on the team.

we also need some negative reports to keep things honest. There's no way things are going perfectly in practice.

Advertisement
we also need some negative reports to keep things honest. There's no way things are going perfectly in practice.

I agree. I can't take these things seriously if the reports are all positive.

Even when a DB gets beat its because the ball was "perfectly thrown."

Regardless, the deficiencies will come out in the scrimmage reports. Just like the did last year with the DBs getting burned and the DL getting pushed around.

Advertisement

I agree. I would like to hear the bad. But generally with these things you're only going to get the good unfortunately. The way to potentionally infer some negatives is by seeing who and what has rarely or never been mentioned since Peter is basically mentioning only the highlights that he sees.

We haven't heard anything significant (or at all) regarding the following the players that maybe should have had at least some mentions by now... Vaughn Telemaque, Jalen Grimble, Mike James, the TE's haven't been mentioned for the most part, and Eduardo Clements (I think).

We can't take much at all from their lack of mentions but we can take a little something based on their previous seasons of play in addition to these lack of mentions early on. Maybe. lol

Agree with the negatives needed. Last couple of days we have read the semi-good news that the DBs were in position, but dropped picks. Problem is that teams have not been dropping the passes thrown to them by our quarterbacks lately.

Are they good plays by the D or are the quarterbacks still having difficulty throwing to the correct team, schemes, reads, etc?

What we're not hearing can be construed as negative.

Nothing on the TE's.
Nothing on the pass rush.
Nothing in terms of turnovers forced.

Nice to hear positive things, but as another poster said, we'll find out whats what in the scrimmages.

Advertisement
Back