Practice 4

Advertisement
Great point about garbage time during games being fun to watch. Got some exciting youngins to watch make plays.

TE is increasingly becoming a concern. I'm not so worried about the lack of receiving options beyond Herndon because we are loaded at WR's, but we need able bodied blockers. I imagine we are rarely going to run 2 TE sets, but having a 2nd TE who can block is really useful in short yardage and goal-line situations.

Not to mention we are supposed to be relying on a strong run game this year. The Stan Dobard experience was 1 year too early. I think his game would fit in nicely on this team.

Advertisement
TE is increasingly becoming a concern. I'm not so worried about the lack of receiving options beyond Herndon because we are loaded at WR's, but we need able bodied blockers. I imagine we are rarely going to run 2 TE sets, but having a 2nd TE who can block is really useful in short yardage and goal-line situations.

Not to mention we are supposed to be relying on a strong run game this year. The Stan Dobard experience was 1 year too early. I think his game would fit in nicely on this team.

Are you serious, Clarke?

I missed that. Be great if true. How a mediocre RB unit that lost their best RB will be strong, hopefully means our QB and OL are lights out?

Hope we are accused of running up the score because our backups are just as good or better than the starters.

I see Travis Homer and our freshmen receivers lighting mfs up late in games

Unfortunately, CMR doesn't play that game. He is too conservative to run up the score.

70-3 over FAMU last year. He won't intentionally run up the score just for the sole purpose of embarrassing the other team, but he'll let his players play. If the score ends up 100-0 because the other team can't make a simple tackle, that's not "running up the score."

Hope we are accused of running up the score because our backups are just as good or better than the starters.

Unfortunately, CMR doesn't play that game. He is too conservative to run up the score.

70-3 over FAMU last year. He won't intentionally run up the score just for the sole purpose of embarrassing the other team, but he'll let his players play. If the score ends up 100-0 because the other team can't make a simple tackle, that's not "running up the score."

Obviously you don't stop the players from "playing;" however, CMR will lay off the gas (won't call pass plays) if the game is out of reach. He did it last year several times.

Advertisement
Great, more "we don't have TE depth so we're screwed" posts. Who was Clemson's backup TE last year behind Leggett? Who backed up OJ Howard? Does FSU even have a TE? Ohio State had 28 receptions from their TE combined last year. USC's TE had 17 receptions. They all survived and won a lot of games.

We need the top 4 Mackey Award vote getters to win the Coastal.

This got me thinking, but in 1991 the back-up TE behind Colemen Bell was Joe Moore and Dietrich Clausell(both role players at best)

In 2001, it was Robert Williams(who played some H-back) and Kellen Winslow who played mostly special teams as a true freshman behind Jeremy Shockey

Even the best teams aren't 3-deep in studs at every position. You work your way around roster holes(that's what good coaches do)...

Joe Moore was actually the starter for 1/2 of the season until he got hurt, then Bell came in and Moore never got the position back. Bell was a WR playing TE. He was listed at 6-2, 230 at UM, but I doubt he was even 230. He was an athletic freak. Moore was better known for being the holder on XPs, but he was a good blocker.

You're absolutely right about that. The bulk of Bell's catches came in like the last third of that season- including a huge 2nd and long catch vs FSU that keyed the game-winning drive. Bell is one of the most underrated and overlooked Canes of all-time

View attachment 48278

Pinckney needs to lay off the fried chicken. He looks ridiculous b.
Racist much?

immediately negatively associates black kid and the southern delicacy that is fried chicken. Calls someone else racist

tumblr_inline_nbt9fu5XSV1sw1lua.gif

Last edited:

Obviously you don't stop the players from "playing;" however, CMR will lay off the gas (won't call pass plays) if the game is out of reach. He did it last year several times.

I'd like to Run up Scores too. But I'm not complaining too much if we make all of our games "out of reach" either.

Are you serious, Clarke?

I missed that. Be great if true. How a mediocre RB unit that lost their best RB will be strong, hopefully means our QB and OL are lights out?

LOL you need to visit the eye doctor. Walton is a very good back and Homer will be the surprise of the ACC when he gets done this year. You should stick to playing chess or knitting.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back