Practice #3

Advertisement
Better watch Kennedy

Reading is fundamental, my man! I have said in multiple post in several different threads, including my original post in this very thread, that I REALLY LIKE TATE MARTELL! In fact, I have been one of his biggest fans, simply for the fact that he is going to raise the level of play of all our QB's.

The problem is you can't get pass the fact that your golden child is not perfect, but you are quick to shine a light on the very same weaknesses of another QB on our team.
No where in my original statement did I comment on any weakness of any of our current QBs this year, I mentioned that Kosi and Rosier mechanics were flawed last year, Kosi mechanics have since improved, neither progressed under Jon Richt, that’s not an emotional opinion, that is legitimate criticism backed by every writer who’s written a column on UM’s QB situation last year. There’s no problem with me not passing the fact that my “Golden child” isn’t perfect, the problem is that you’re buying the same yearly regurgitated reports on spring practices that people seem to overreact or have an opinion on each year. Last year around this time, writers swore up and down that Malik looked better passing the ball & that our young WRs were ready to immediately contribute, and that our secondary was looking shaky, certainly each weren’t the case against LSU. Like I’ve been saying for the longest, I’m all for competition. But stop pretending that Diaz and Enos didn’t evaluate Tate for a specific reason, stop pretending that they don’t know what his strengths and weaknesses are, clearly throwing passes in a meaningless 1v1 drill isn’t great at displaying his strengths.

Keeping this as receipt if Martell balls out later, idgaf who wins the QB competition but the fact that some of you are discrediting the same guy that Meyers wanted to start after Haskins departure on his 3rd practice ever in a Canes uniform 5 months away from any real meaning reps, is funny as ****

When did Meyer ever say He was gonna start Tate after Haskins left?

LOL...problem for Martell might be that He ran away from a "Ryan Day guy" (Fields), into another guy that Day is listed as being His main recruiter (Williams).

Advertisement
I mentioned that Kosi and Rosier mechanics were flawed last year, Kosi mechanics have since improved, neither progressed under Jon Richt, that’s not an emotional opinion, that is legitimate criticism backed by every writer who’s written a column on UM’s QB situation last year.
A wise man once said...
stop buying into these reports

One game, against Rutgers? Really?

Look, I don't want to come across as a Martell hater.....It's actually the complete opposite. I really like him and think that he is a tremendous asset to our QB room as well as the team overall. The point of my original post was regarding the irony of two similar situations being received in completely different ways.

He played in 6 games last year but only attempted passes in 3 of them. He was 10-10 against Rutgers, 10-14 against Tulane and 3-4 against Oregon State. I understand it's not exactly murderers row but the guy did complete 82% of his passes against actual FBS competition in actual games. He's at least shown he can be accurate in a game situation. Perry didn't take a single snap in 2017 so when he started 2018 spring ball looking very inaccurate, there was nothing else to gauge his abilities on. Personally, I don't let a few practices let me get too high or too low on a guy. This QB battle is going to go well into the summer and fall.

Advertisement
He played in 6 games last year but only attempted passes in 3 of them. He was 10-10 against Rutgers, 10-14 against Tulane and 3-4 against Oregon State. I understand it's not exactly murderers row but the guy did complete 82% of his passes against actual FBS competition in actual games. He's at least shown he can be accurate in a game situation. Perry didn't take a single snap in 2017 so when he started 2018 spring ball looking very inaccurate, there was nothing else to gauge his abilities on. Personally, I don't let a few practices let me get too high or too low on a guy. This QB battle is going to go well into the summer and fall.

May be a dumb question that has already been asked elsewhere, but......why are they in the IPF?

May be a dumb question that has already been asked elsewhere, but......why are they in the IPF?
Green tree is being renovated. Why they waited until spring to do the renovations, I don't know.

Advertisement
A wise man once said...
Wait are you really trying to establish the notion that Kosi and Rosier didn’t have awful mechanics last year? Because if so, I have several game footage to show you, secondly I used it as a hyperbole, lastly even if I was serious about every reporters written column, difference is that these various columns were being written all throughout the year about Kosi and Rosiers lack of development, not just some early spring report that I decided to run with

Not a dumb question at all. Since the IPF was only recently completed, the portion of the field that was being used as a thoroughfare for moving materials, equipment, and heavy machinery was only recently cleared. The final phase of the project is the installment of a new sprinkler system, followed by the construction of a new practice field complete with prescribed athletic turf imported from my farm.

For eight years I have been the leading supplier of hybrid seed grass in Miami-Dade County, and the reason is clear: My seed is pure!

I have come to assume my dominant position in this farm community due to the high quality and timely delivery of my seed. Come to my farm, conveniently located in Kendall, just over the bridge, and you will leave smiling and satisfied in every way, if not utterly amazed at the performance. You must have my seed!

My oldest children rush about the store to fulfill my orders while I take customers to the back storeroom one by one. There I show them my burlap sacks, heavy and bulging with premium seed renowned for its fertility. Even if you've heard the stories, you'll still be astounded when I pour my seed out into your hands. My sod is guaranteed to be free of insects and rodents and is carefully tested for bacteria, fungus and spore growth. Bill Edwards of Cloverleaf Hy-Bred Seed often comes to scout out my store. He walks by silently, with his hands in his overall pockets, sucking on a stalk of wheat. I lock eyes with him, and the hair under his John Deere cap bristles, but I do not even flinch because I know I'm the best.

We're open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

We also carry heavy equipment, livestock, medicinal supplies and much, much more, so come on down and check out the store! You'll be glad you did.

Advertisement
Wait are you really trying to establish the notion that Kosi and Rosier didn’t have awful mechanics last year? Because if so, I have several game footage to show you, secondly I used it as a hyperbole, lastly even if I was serious about every reporters written column, difference is that these various columns were being written all throughout the year about Kosi and Rosiers lack of development, not just some early spring report that I decided to run with
That comparison isn't even close, last spring one of the first videos was Rosier throwing a ten yard out and the ball hitting the ground 3 yards short. Thank the football Gods, none of the 3 this year look anything like that!

Not a dumb question at all. Since the IPF was only recently completed, the portion of the field that was being used as a thoroughfare for moving materials, equipment, and heavy machinery was only recently cleared. The final phase of the project is the installment of a new sprinkler system, followed by the construction of a new practice field complete with prescribed athletic turf imported from my farm.

For eight years I have been the leading supplier of hybrid seed grass in Miami-Dade County, and the reason is clear: My seed is pure!

I have come to assume my dominant position in this farm community due to the high quality and timely delivery of my seed. Come to my farm, conveniently located in Kendall, just over the bridge, and you will leave smiling and satisfied in every way, if not utterly amazed at the performance. You must have my seed!

My oldest children rush about the store to fulfill my orders while I take customers to the back storeroom one by one. There I show them my burlap sacks, heavy and bulging with premium seed renowned for its fertility. Even if you've heard the stories, you'll still be astounded when I pour my seed out into your hands. My sod is guaranteed to be free of insects and rodents and is carefully tested for bacteria, fungus and spore growth. Bill Edwards of Cloverleaf Hy-Bred Seed often comes to scout out my store. He walks by silently, with his hands in his overall pockets, sucking on a stalk of wheat. I lock eyes with him, and the hair under his John Deere cap bristles, but I do not even flinch because I know I'm the best.

We're open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

We also carry heavy equipment, livestock, medicinal supplies and much, much more, so come on down and check out the store! You'll be glad you did.
You know, if you could somehow incorporate the Humpty dance in here, we could save some time.

Wait are you really trying to establish the notion that Kosi and Rosier didn’t have awful mechanics last year?
WTF are you talking about? Lol.

Dude, you are so caught up on trying to prove your point until you have completely gone off the deep end, in which my original point is completely lost. The school for the blind could see that Kosi and Rosier are both seriously flawed. The point is, they could also see that Martell is in the same boat! Geez!

We've hijacked this thread enough. Agree to disagree? Deal?........cool!

Advertisement
Back