Practice #11

We need someone who can read a **** defense, which Perry proved last year beyond any doubt that he can not do.

I don’t care if we go with Williams or Tate, but I’ve seen enough of N’Kosi Perry in live games to know for **** sure that he is not the QB that is gonna bring greatness back to the U.
I would agree with you, but it's just impossible to say that was ALL on Perry. Our entire O was a mess. Yeah, Perry looked horrific, and obviously didn't take much seriously, but how could he? Winning the starting job would be like winning the booby prize at at old folks home going away party.

As for reading a D... Maybe if our coaches weren't trying to communicate in Chinese Pig Latin......

As much as I bashed Perry, it has to be a clean slate from this point forward.

Advertisement
Enos' offense is built off a power running game, and taking shots with play action. It's built for someone who can throw the ball from the pocket. He isn't changing what he's been doing to give Tate the starting job.
💯 I think the vast majority of the touches (at least early on in the season) will go to the 3 te and 3 rbs. Osborn and JT will have some huge games as a result, but I disagree about that suiting or not suiting one QB opposed to another. They'd all bring something a little different to the table.

Clearly u didn't hear anything Enos said in that video. We are going to run a multiple offense. That means QB will be both under center and shotgun. Our offense will look similar to Bobby Petrinos at Ark, WKU, and Louisville without LJ8 if Kosi/jarren start or Bobby Petrino offense at Louisville with LJ8 if Tate starts. A lot of the same plays ran out of a **** load formations with a ton of pre snap motion.

What's not very hard is doing your research bc if u did u would know we have been practicing the zone read.

The offense will be nothing like petrino. Everybody uses rpos and read options these days.

Research? I've watched every game he called at Arkansas. You go do some research, and watch him as an OC at Arkansas. He's also playing with a fullback in the practice videos. Do you think that because he just messing around?
His offense has evolved even more from what he did at Arkansas. He has said in interviews that he realizes the value of operating out of the gun. Did you watch Bama play at all last year? This offense will be multiple.

Advertisement
You have no comprehension. Enos can say what he wants. All 3 of the qbs played in spread offenses in hs. So why is enos making them work a pro-style?

Enos called it "multiple" but all it really is a pro-spread in today's game. I think we will work under center but do that mostly in red zone situations.

The Petrino offense for the Falcons looked nothing like the Arkansas offense and even less like the LJ8 offense. That's what a good OC does, build the offense around his players.

Enos called it "multiple" but all it really is a pro-spread in today's game. I think we will work under center but do that mostly in red zone situations.

The Petrino offense for the Falcons looked nothing like the Arkansas offense and even less like the LJ8 offense. That's what a good OC does, build the offense around his players.
You are delusional. Go watch film of enos offenses. Until he shows other wise that is what he will be using.

Advertisement

Whatever we run it will be a modern offense. Mixed with many components we have been missing. Enos knows how to develop a passing game very well.

You are delusional. Go watch film of enos offenses. Until he shows other wise that is what he will be using.

Maybe I'm delusional or maybe u just dont know football. What is the difference between these two offenses?

2011 Petrino

2016 Enos

Nothing. They're both "multiple" or "pro spread" schemes.

U must be confused u said all 3 of our QBs ran the spread and then asked why Enos is making them run a pro style offense.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm delusional or maybe u just dont know football. What is the difference between these two offenses?

2011 Petrino

2016 Enos

Nothing. They're both "multiple" or "pro spread" schemes.

U must be confused u said all 3 of our QBs ran the spread and then asked why Enos is making them run a pro style offense.

You clearly don't know football. Just because you are in shotgun doesn't mean you are a spread. Richt offense wasn't a spread and he went primarily out of the gun. And you must not have looked at that enos film you posted. That shît is a pro-style offense.

Advertisement
You clearly don't know football. Just because you are in shotgun doesn't mean you are a spread. Richt offense wasn't a spread and he went primarily out of the gun. And you must not have looked at that enos film you posted. That shît is a pro-style offense.

No difference? Okay.

He was OC at Arkansas under a coach who is known for a pro style offense. Have u listened to both Enos and Manny? Everything they have said about our offense sounds absolutely nothing like what he ran at Arkansas. In the video he clearly says he wants the best players on the field and he will build around that. We have way more athletes than Arkansas so don't u think he's going to take advantage of that? He will, any good OC would.

This is what our offense will look similar to

No, it's not. Why in the **** would Enos be running Bobby Petrino's offense? Why would he bring his offensive line coach, and receiver coach from Central Michigan to teach a new offense? You're making **** up. Nick Saban didn't try to hire Enos to run someone's else system.

When Enos went to Miami, Saban hired another guy who runs to ball, and take spot off of play action, in Sark. Is Sark running Bobby Petrino's system at Bama?

Advertisement
When you are installing a component of your offense you aren’t going to practice it? We also have practice videos of him doing read option and RPOs too because it will be part of the offense..

Of course you're going to practice it. Arkansas ran some zone read stuff with Enos, but they were predominately 12 personnel from under center. For people to think that Enos is going to change everything about his system is crazy.

His offense has evolved even more from what he did at Arkansas. He has said in interviews that he realizes the value of operating out of the gun. Did you watch Bama play at all last year? This offense will be multiple.

Of course, I watched Bama. That wasn't Enos offense, that was Locksley. Enos' of course, will take some stuff from there, but he's a guy who believes in running the football, and taking shots.

Of course, I watched Bama. That wasn't Enos offense, that was Locksley. Enos' of course, will take some stuff from there, but he's a guy who believes in running the football, and taking shots.
And there’s nothing wrong with being balanced which is what enos is. I’m sure his system will be tweaked from the last time he called plays especially seeing how successful bama was last year with certain concepts. He has a good running game with a dynamic passing attack

That wasn't Locksley's offense. Mike Locksley offenses before last year have been atrocious and didn't look like Bama '18 schematically. It wasn't an "Enos offense" either. They worked together to take advantage of Tua's skillset. Something Enos preaches. The guy was asked about his offense at Miami when he first got hired and said "I guess you can call it the 'spread coast'". He also mentioned that the RPO game at Bama really opened his eyes. He'll incorporate elements of different things. We're not gonna see a carbon copy of CMU and Arkansas.

Advertisement
Back