Power Success Rate

We just don't have enough elite talent at OL and we get manhandled way too much up front, it's frustrating to watch

Advertisement
I expect a fg every time we get inside extra point territory. Ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roll Rosier out with a run/pass option, until they get the personnel to do the power plays right.

This is the correct answer, we finally have a QB that can run and we don't seem to give him the option to do so at the GL.

this is the answer? LOL

ya maybe in a video game, but in real life it wouldn't work more than three times until opposing DC's shut it down

the opposing DC's earn their paychecks too

**WE HAVE TO BE ABLE TO RUN THE BALL IN SHORT YARDAGE SITUATIONS

we need a Fullback or at least another viable option/2nd TE. its Ridiculous we don't

and that's different from the current package we run now how? We're sure as heck not fooling anyone when we line up the way we do at this point.

We just don't have enough elite talent at OL and we get manhandled way too much up front, it's frustrating to watch

I think this is the core of the issue.

Notice when we successfully run it's due to a favorable match up and the numbers are in our favor. Richt is masking the poor run blocking by the OL with playcalling.

Advertisement
You already know we don’t have the right personnel when we rollout a true freshman guard to play fullback.

The coaching staff needs to stop being trying to be cute, put Gaynor at FB, Gray at RB, and get in the I-formation in short yardage and goaline situations. There is no question the success rate would go up if they did this.

Advertisement
I love how everyone has it figured out with 15 different ways to approach the issue. If only our coaches could even think about one of those.

Richt is being GA stubborn on these snaps. We don't have the personnel yet. Also, STOP trying to run QUICK SNAPS at the f ing goal line. It's a wasted snap and easy to defend because the defense knows we are running between the tackles! STOP that chit... call a play and change at the LOS if needed. Geez...
Those quick snaps drive me insane.

Also when it's 3rd and say 4 or 5 I don't think I've seen Herndon stopped first contact all season. He's a bulldozer, yet doesn't seem to get the ball on that critical down and distance.

You can't stop him from getting a couple of yards on every play.

For all of the complaints about the playbook my biggest complaint is we don't roll Rosie out nearly enough. Were the only team with a mobile qb that doesn't do this.

yeah, i'm on the give DJ Johnson a chance at FB or 2nd TE on short packages... size, speed and athleticism gotta amount to something here.... just to be clear, not suggesting a position change... just bonus burn at a need....

Advertisement
I love how everyone has it figured out with 15 different ways to approach the issue. If only our coaches could even think about one of those.

Honestly, I think a decent amount of this would be cleaned up if Rosier makes better decisions. We can all agree he's been pretty streaky, sometimes pretty bad with decision making. It "seems" to me he's made the wrong decision in this type of situation quite a bit. Keeping it when he should have given it, giving it when he should keep it etc. Seems to guess more than read, in a hurry almost.

He can clean that up. It's definitely not all playcalling.

It's clearly a personnel issue more than it is play-calling.

I also wonder what we do in the weight room in the off season. We are an incredibly well conditioned football team (and it shows), but we lack the raw power that the elite teams in CFB have. With the talent we have at OL right now we should be able to generate enough of a push to be better than 128th in the country.

Recruit a fullback, re-examine the spring/summer strength program, and bring in an offensive mind as the 10th coach for next season.

It's the Jimmys and Joes not the Xs and Os. Our offensive line gets zero push in short yardage and the staff knows it. There's a reason why they have to get cute on the goal line and don't just line up in the I and punch it in. Is it strength and conditioning? I don't think so, we're not weak or out of shape anywhere else. Is it coaching? Maybe but they struggled under the previous staff too. Yeah, there's no tight end depth this year to run power sets but last year with plenty of tight ends and an NFL fullback, they couldn't power the ball in from 1 yard out against anybody with a pulse.

Advertisement
Running zone stretch plays out of shot gun doesn't help. If we can't ram the ball down an opponents throat from inside the 5, then we need to get more creative in our passing game. This is going to cost us a game - we are actually lucky it already hasn't

Of course doing the same thing over and over would finally get covered by a DC, but that would still give 3-4 TD's more than what they've been doing, and I still think Rosier on the edge is better than running Homer into a wall of DL waiting for him because the OL got no push. We do not have the OL to run, reliably, right at a good defensive line right now. I know the coaches get paid a lot of money to do this, and I know a power running game is the goal, so they can take over a game when they need to, but they don't have it right now, so doing the same thing over and over, and getting the same result, is not going to help.

How is this a surprise? we have no jumbo package. Irvin got ragdolled the one time we tried with him

This jumbo package issue has been haunting us since August. You would think CMR would've figured out a work-around by now?!?! Like, we can't be the only team in the history of football to run into this problem.

We need to go 2 TE, 3 RB near the goal line, or maybe 2 TE, 2 RB, and a DT as fullback. The 86 Bears did it! Let Norton get all up in that!

GO CANES!!!

[video=youtube;ITeozxHXzVE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITeozxHXzVE[/video]

It's the Jimmys and Joes not the Xs and Os. Our offensive line gets zero push in short yardage and the staff knows it. There's a reason why they have to get cute on the goal line and don't just line up in the I and punch it in. Is it strength and conditioning? I don't think so, we're not weak or out of shape anywhere else. Is it coaching? Maybe but they struggled under the previous staff too. Yeah, there's no tight end depth this year to run power sets but last year with plenty of tight ends and an NFL fullback, they couldn't power the ball in from 1 yard out against anybody with a pulse.
Sure, and the Xs and Os and any level of deception would at least help increase percentages.

You're going to tell me some of those teams above us, who've played some of the same teams we have, are better off in Jimmies and Joes?

It's always a combination of things.

Advertisement
Back