Powell for Thomas???

CANE4LIFE

Im a Political Refugee...
Obviously we would rather have MT, but Powell would sure be a nice consolation prize. I would be very happy with Grace and Powell and the two JUCOs. That is one **** of a LB class. If we can snag Brooks, and either Bryant and Bostwick to go with Ufomba, that would be a pretty **** decent DT class too. Add in Burns and Carter, and RLIII as an Ath. Lockley who could play on either side, and we still have a very good chance of having one **** of a defensive class.

On O, Olsen, Dobard and Beau are MAJOR pulls. We got three solid OL prospects, and if we can land Edwards, it would give us a big back to get Duke some help in the back field. Doesnt look like we will take a WR, but we have a lot of youth on O as it is.

Overall I would give this class a solid B to a B+ if we can just close with some of the guys we need on D, and Edwards. Even without Thomas and Collins, life will go on.

Advertisement
Obviously we would rather have MT, but Powell would sure be a nice consolation prize. I would be very happy with Grace and Powell and the two JUCOs. That is one **** of a LB class. If we can snag Brooks, and either Bryant and Bostwick to go with Ufomba, that would be a pretty **** decent DT class too. Add in Burns and Carter, and RLIII as an Ath. Lockley who could play on either side, and we still have a very good chance of having one **** of a defensive class.

On O, Olsen, Dobard and Beau are MAJOR pulls. We got three solid OL prospects, and if we can land Edwards, it would give us a big back to get Duke some help in the back field. Doesnt look like we will take a WR, but we have a lot of youth on O as it is.

Overall I would give this class a solid B to a B+ if we can just close with some of the guys we need on D, and Edwards. Even without Thomas and Collins, life will go on.

Well when you put it like that..... Completely agree with you, to much doom and gloom....

That would be a solid class but when in perspective that we basically traded a very, very good X/O coordinator for a 'monster recruiter' with unproven coordinator skills I'd expect better than a (best case scenario) B class.

That would be a solid class but when in perspective that we basically traded a very, very good X/O coordinator for a 'monster recruiter' with unproven coordinator skills I'd expect better than a (best case scenario) B class.

That's not a fair statement though. We didnt trade Fisch, Fisch bailed for the NFL. We could have ended up with a Pat Nix, crappy coordinator, and mediocre recruiter. So we really dont know what we have in Coley yet. Also not fair to judge the additions to the staff yet. Have to give Coley and Mario a full recruiting season to see if they can really battle it out and land us the top kids we want.

Despite all the self fellatio of how great we are and how every kid on Earth should be begging to play here, we need to be realistic. Fact is we have been irrelevant for almost a decade, and have the NCAA breathing down our neck. That has made it very tough for this staff to get over the hump with some of these kids. I think its a testament to how HARD we worked, that we have been finalists for so many top kids. I think having a good season next year, and getting this NCAA sh*t off our back, and its going to be a WHOLE different story next year.

Sobering but true post there C4L.

Without a relentless staff these races would have been decided months ago but we still have a shot to make some noise. We have seen plenty of guys over the years wake up NSD morning and have a change of heart and when you are the hometown team for many of them, that gives you a slight edge.

Advertisement

with only two weeks being at the university, when he spent most the year recruiting these players to go to a different school? especially the school we battle most with for recruits? what did you expect to happen, hard for a recruit to know who to trust in that situation. We won't see the effect of Coley until NSD next year, and it will be an amazing class.

not really sure what powell is going to do....he narrowed his final two to UF and USCw...but UF did not send him an LOI and there is talk that USCw may not have room for him

not really sure what powell is going to do....he narrowed his final two to UF and USCw...but UF did not send him an LOI and there is talk that USCw may not have room for him

He may actually pick UM if they say yes because the USC thing is so tricky and he is dwn on their priority list

Reason I brought it up, is there has been some talk he may have been talking with, or even been down in Miami this past weekend. With UF pulling his ship, and USC out of spots, he may need a home, and we may have a ship for an extra LB. Could work out.

Advertisement
Forgive my ignorance, but who is Powell? What schools have offered?

Looked for a post referencing him and did not find one.

Thx.

hmmm, his announcement time is 9AM, before Thomas and Grace. Doesn't match up well for us to take him

Advertisement
seriously tomorrow is going to be meltdown city on this board. lol.. Let's just hope Coley/Dono can have success next year And if they do I believe 2013 would be an extreme not the norm.

Olsen is the most important recruit for Miami's future.

If he hadn't committed a long time ago, and his decision was coming tomorrow.... that's who everyone would be talking about.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back