Potentially a top 5 class with the transfers

Very interesting how will they figure out how to value the additional players via the portal and include the overall HS players in addition? Because it makes no sense I think to not include them but how do you give a boost to those that went the portal route versus a school that primarily went for HS kids?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Injured or not, he hasn't contributed as expected.

Not being nasty, but so far a bust of a recruit.
yes he has go looked at his stats. I'm just going to tell you, 41 tackles, 8TFL, and 4.5 Sacks in 10 games. Had 21 tackles in 6 games as a Freshman then had 20 tackles in 4 games as a sophmore. That is amazing production considering the amount of games he played, the injuries he suffered, the year he is in, and the coaching he has been getting. So this is a guy who has produced when on the field and with the right coaching and healthy he is a dog.

Phillips has great length & an impressive frame. He could be really effective in Manny's scheme. While he has been injured, I think you take the risk given his upside. If we add him & Trevon Hill from VT, the DL is going to absolutely wreck our opponents.

Advertisement
yes he has go looked at his stats. I'm just going to tell you, 41 tackles, 8TFL, and 4.5 Sacks in 10 games. Had 21 tackles in 6 games as a Freshman then had 20 tackles in 4 games as a sophmore. That is amazing production considering the amount of games he played, the injuries he suffered, the year he is in, and the coaching he has been getting. So this is a guy who has produced when on the field and with the right coaching and healthy he is a dog.

Again not being nasty.

When healthy, Im sure he is a strong player.

Of his last 24 games, he has only been available for 16.

What were his stays in games he disnt play? Zero.

So, he comes to Miami and is magically cured of the injury bug?

Again not being nasty.

When healthy, Im sure he is a strong player.

Of his last 24 games, he has only been available for 16.

What were his stays in games he disnt play? Zero.

So, he comes to Miami and is magically cured of the injury bug?
if he is cleared to play football again, he is gonna have to sit out a year, during that year he can get nice and healthy and Miami can work on some of his past injury problems. Thats not magic, its just medical attention. You will be surprised what a year off can do.

Advertisement
Inappropriate advertising / spam
Have to ask where are those people who complained about a lazy hire Diaz was.Diaz is kicking sand in your face come on out eat your crowburger.

He was one of the laziest hires in the history of this program by far he is no different than randy shannon being hired except randy was a proven winner

Advertisement
This list also doesn’t include Asa Martin or Tommy Kennedy, who i doubt was even ranked coming out of high school. It also doesn’t include the potential of us landing a couple high school recruits. We still need a corner

Guys, I don’t want to pour cold water on this theory but I have a five gallon bucket in my hands and it’s getting pretty hard to hold.

First off CanesWarning is aggregate garbage. I think the guys that run it try hard, but they are nowhere near the level of Juan Toribio (who ran it for awhile and now works for MLB.com). Heck I think Roman even did some work for them a few years back. Now they’re largely a day late with speculation and a dollar short on content, though again they try hard. Maybe the future holds good things for them, but Fansided is basically what Bleacher Report was five to seven years ago, before they became legit.

The biggest pour over is that no class ranking has ever counted transfers. Ever. S+P doesn’t even count them. I know 247 will be doing that eventually (not sure if it happens with ‘19 or not), but even then they’ve said they’ll be reranking all of these kids. I hate to say it but the net will be a negative on guys like Phillips and Tate (if Tate is still a 4* it’ll be a lower one; Phillips may be a 4, won’t be a 5). Osbourn will maybe be a 3*, Asa might stay 4*, might not. No one jumps significantly either. That’s not to diminish them in the least, I’m happy to have each and every one of them, but there’s no way we’re sniffing a freaking top 3 ranking this year. I don’t know how we get top 20 as is.

I love our guys and will love this class, but it’s quality will not be reflected in our ranking, and for once I actually believe that when I say it.

The other point to make (refilling your bucket) is that the 247 class calculator does not give you a one for one. If I add Tate, I don't get strictly his exact point total because 247 diminishes the other players on the commit list by a percentage. I saw this several years ago when I was playing with "what ifs".
The 50 points for those three players mentioned earlier will be added, but then all of the players rated below them respectively lose value.

Try it yourself. The easiest way to do it is go to this link https://247sports.com/college/miami/Season/2019-Football/Commits/Preview/
Look at a player like Ke Smith and note his +22.25 value. Try to add Bogle or another higher value player still available. Bogle's 26.43 is added, but Smith drops down to 21.84.

We still would move up a bleep-ton, but not top five.

Advertisement
Back