Potential Portal DB’s (CB’s & S’s only)

I have he’s small and I don’t enjoy getting bullied in the run game or being taken advantage of with smart route runners shielding off a small corner for 7 yards a catch but he’s sticky but it’s against future arena football players

He competed against Jeremiah Smith and JoJo trader every day in practice at Chaminade. Playing against tall, fast, physical WRs shouldn't be new to him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Give me a blazing fast **** who is sticky and athletic. Also this guy is 5'9 but he seems like a good outside CB. I want speed on Miami. We saw James Williams lumbering at the combine and our DBs running 4.6. We need fast players on defense, and more of them. Day, Mack, this guy, Stafford. Give me the speed

He got drafted the best yet the ones last year performed better than him and Ivey. Blame whomever u want. Just facts.
He performed better in the league like anyone with sense knew he would so ****ting on him isn’t the flex yall think it is rique was a baller and I’ll take him back at Miami any day of the week

Advertisement
He performed better in the league like anyone with sense knew he would so ****ting on him isn’t the flex yall think it is rique was a baller and I’ll take him back at Miami any day of the week
I aint $h!tting on no one. Thats what happened in 2022. I watch that. Being big didnt prevent that from happening.

I aint $h!tting on no one. Thats what happened in 2022. I watch that. Being big didnt prevent that from happening.
We’re all those busts on him ? 🙄 was he not athletic enough to cover or was he getting bullied or was he not fast enough you can’t truthfully say any of that it’s a ton of reasons for busted coverage it’s not just about the corner always

If he did that and was elite then he should’ve been at West Virginia not James Madison

His speed is elite, but height and weight coming out of HS weren't. Some guys develop later, and maybe this is the case of a kid who responded to collegiate S&C or just came into his own a little later. The stigma based on measurables is real.

We’re all those busts on him ? 🙄 was he not athletic enough to cover or was he getting bullied or was he not fast enough you can’t truthfully say any of that it’s a ton of reasons for busted coverage it’s not just about the corner always
we had 2 big CBs looking like megatron. Not one.

Advertisement
His speed is elite, but height and weight coming out of HS weren't. Some guys develop later, and maybe this is the case of a kid who responded to collegiate S&C or just came into his own a little later. The stigma based on measurables is real.
That’s true I can see that happening to but this is Miami we’re going against elite athletes and we’re shooting for the playoffs we need to go after the correct type of athletes to play against these elite teams I’m sorry man

G5*

just dont see why not take a chance if you already did it with DTs **** near his size 😂

IMG_4341.gif

Advertisement
If you say so, lol.

When Richards goes from “having a breakout spring” to having splinters in his *** from backing up Porter/Hill come fall, we’ll know why lol.

And I was all for signing him a year ago, but I was wrong about him playing CB. Mans is a S all day, and that’s okay.
... I could see it actually being better for us if Richard did move to safety tbh. With what is out there at CB in the portal, I'd honestly have to be convinced NOT to take 3. Dyoni Hill, D'Angelo Ponds, and one more of Isaiah Hamilton/Terrance Brooks/Omarion Cooper/Jasaiah Wagoner/Jay'vion Cole/JD Rhym/Torrie Cox/etc. (ideally 3rd is a guy with 2+ years eligibility too)

Like If we did that we could have a DB room that looks like:

OCB: Porter, Brown, Hill, 3rd Transfer, Stafford
S: Powell, Jaden Harris, Richard, Zaquon, Markeith
Nickel CB: Ponds with Porter/Powell as next up to ensure we have best 5 DBs on field

And next year we'd still be looking pretty solid as we get what I think will be a pretty elite DB class for 2025 out of HS.
At CB we'd only be losing Porter!

Your opinion is valued so I’m going to ask since you brought up jaire is that what your seeing from his tape or Asante who I loved coming out of high school but was picked on by Clemsons big receivers darious was good in jax but I wanted them to get a bigger guy like Mitchell this year to put him in the slot

Maybe your mistaking me I don’t feel as if 5’9 guys can’t play I feel like we need outside corners not nickles we already have Porter who’s 5’9 and little Mack coming in who’s sticky so why go get another short corner when we need bigger outside defenders to play the field and boundary

I watched his tape I’m not overly impressed and I follow corner play closely I don’t respect the competition very much tbh they didn’t play anybody who’s elite I only care to see these guys from low levels against the brand name schools to gauge if they can make that jump but I know that’s not everyone’s opinion on how to do it but that’s my gauge for their abilities not app state I would rather take a flyer on Terrence brooks from Texas or even cormani. I know I know that’s blasphemy but I think corners a spot where you need a true 1 and then the rest of the guys can fall in place.
1) I wasn't comparing him to Jaire or Asante Jr, my point was there are a lot of corners below 6' ft who have done well & are among the best in both College & the pro's.

2) DP JR is 5'10, but whatever; did you miss when we just brought in Dyoni Hill who's a 6'0 Boundary Corner from Marshall???

3) You don't respect the competition, well they play in the Sun Belt & have nearly the same schedule as Marshall & we just took a CB from Marshall, so I take you don't respect his competition either? What about Quinyon Mitchell, he played his entire career in the MAC, you respect his competition?

4) So you'd rather take Cormani McClain over Ponds just because he's tall???????????????? What exactly has Cormani done that makes him a better CB than Ponds??? One of'em was a TF All-American & the other has been publicly lamented by his Coach because he lacks work ethic, doesn't show up to team meetings & film study & never went to class.

Look, at the end of the day, everyone’s entitled to their own opinion, so I'm not even about to try to convince you otherwise, I just think your view of this potential add is extremely narrow & you're not really paying attention to the actual ability & simply looking at nametags & jersey colors.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That’s true I can see that happening to but this is Miami we’re going against elite athletes and we’re shooting for the playoffs we need to go after the correct type of athletes to play against these elite teams I’m sorry man

I don't believe there's more of a stickler for body-types than Mario "it's gotta look a certain way" Cristobal. If he wants the kid we should realize it's because he's the best option we have.

1) I wasn't comparing him to Jaire or Asante Jr, my point was there are a lot of corners below 6' ft who have done well & are among the best in both College & the pro's.

2) DP JR is 5'10, but whatever; did you miss when we just brought in Dyoni Hill who's a 6'0 Boundary Corner from Marshall???

3) You don't respect the competition, well they play in the Sun Belt & have nearly the same schedule as Marshall & we just took a CB from Marshall, so I take you don't respect his competition either? What about Quinyon Mitchell, he played his entire career in the MAC, you respect his competition?

4) So you'd rather take Cormani McClain over Ponds just because he's tall???????????????? What exactly has Cormani done that makes him a better CB than Ponds??? One of'em was a TF All-American & the other has been publicly lamented by his Coach because he lacks work ethic, doesn't show up to team meetings & film study & never went to class.

Look, at the end of the day, everyone’s entitles to their own opinion, so I'm not even about to try to convince you otherwise, I just think your view of this potential add is extremely narrow & you're not really paying attention to the actual ability & simply looking at nametags & jersey colors.

Rumor has it he’s also Trim

Advertisement
Back