Potential Portal DB’s (CB’s & S’s only)

View attachment 279664

Chances are it won’t get much better than this post spring. Elite guys aren’t just up and leaving their positions/schools. This kid is leaving due to a coaching change, it’s different. He was arguably the best CB in the Pac-12 and has elite production to show for it. All of that “waiting” is loser mentality.

Can’t just concede this kid to Oregon, USC, OSU etc…

He is from LBC, a school that Mario is more than familiar with. This is an opportunity to elevate roster tremendously, we gotta shoot shot here at least.
And we have one of his teammates who played in the same secondary with him last year already transferred in. Hopefully they were back channeling through him before he even hit the portal

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yeah & u Don hit the blunt too many times @Dwinstitles
Gerard Way Blood GIF by My Chemical Romance

IIRC, the Spring portal guys were very watered down compared to the Fall guys last year. Im hoping we arent waiting for some 2nd wave of guys that turn out to be just meh in the end. But I do understand we blew most of the budget on Cam Ward so hey...it is what it is.

Advertisement
IIRC, the Spring portal guys were very watered down compared to the Fall guys last year. Im hoping we arent waiting for some 2nd wave of guys that turn out to be just meh in the end. But I do understand we blew most of the budget on Cam Ward so hey...it is what it is.
100 percent. And the quality of Spring entries is inferior for a reason: most dudes who enter the portal post-Spring didn’t win a starting job. They’re backups. The outliers are usually due to unique circumstances, like Keon Coleman because Mel the Creep got fired. Or a really good player just isn’t good enough to crack Georgia’s rotation.

Advertisement
The main reason to wait til Spring is who Addae's replacement is going to be. If it is a guy like Surtain, we will have legit options at CB.

Advertisement
Why do you think an elite kid would leave after the spring? That makes little sense.
You never know what can happen it’s a roll of the dice or you can text a disgruntled player low key. You think they ain’t tamper with Downs? Bruh there is a lot of tampering that goes on

You never know what can happen it’s a roll of the dice or you can text a disgruntled player low key. You think they ain’t tamper with Downs? Bruh there is a lot of tampering that goes on
I never once said tampering isn’t a thing, did I? I’m just saying, there will be less difference makers in the spring window than now.

Sure there will be some but the last two years has shown most of the top tier talent moves in the first window. The spring window is mostly kids that lose the competition in the two deep of their current school and want to play somewhere.

So making the statement that we can just wait til the spring is risky and that is supported by data. Remember 22 when we heard all about that WR that was supposed to enter but never did(Zay Flowers)?

Thats the risk you run. Get the guys you need now and if a difference maker jumps in after the Spring, well that’s just money in the bank.

We need to get what we can get. The more elite guy will likely have a more elite location.
No comment on this kid as I've never watched him play, but it seems we're willing to pay the suck tax this offseason at least. Cam could have picked his spot and still took our bag.

Advertisement
Back