Potential Portal DB’s (CB’s & S’s only)

Advertisement

Would you want to take both Indiana safeties, or 1 and someone else? Honestly everyone is worried about Safety, but I still think CB is the bigger issue. Like I think we can count on Harris to step up. Probably would suck to rely on Zaquan Patterson as a true freshman, but he seems pretty legit. Think we saw less Markeith as the season went on, so not confident in him contributing much. But Like to me that tells me we only REALLY need 1 starting Safety in the portal. also like Richard could probably move to safety as well. So If we get 2, I'm cool with it, but CB is looking much worse imo.

Even just from a depth perspective, we need more CB help than Safety. I don't expect any of our current commits to contribute at DB except for Patterson. I'm confident with Porter and Damari being heavy PT guys at CB. Hopefully Stafford steps up. Seems like Davante wants to leave - and with how many PIs he drew, I say let him. But like we really don't have anything else there.

Like I'd say we need 3 Portal CBs and 1 Safety if we are taking 4 DBs... Idk maybe it's just me though.

We should offer players who have produced in college and not simply based on their rankings coming out of high school. When it comes to Portal transfers, I don’t care about stars or potential. I care about production. Hopefully, the coaches share that view.

I trust Memnon’s evals. If the kid can play, he can play and his stats should bear that out.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Lol productive safeties all over the country entering, including local kids. But we’re interested in the kid that hasn’t played but his mom ran track at Miami.
If they are legit interested it’s probably as a depth piece. Maybe the kid got some tools they like and he would have 3 years

If they are legit interested it’s probably as a depth piece. Maybe the kid got some tools they like and he would have 3 years
He played some. I looked and at first looked like he hadn’t even seen the field. He played and contributed basically at a Jaden Harris level.

Wouldn’t be the worst take for depth

Advertisement
Back