Potential Portal DB’s (CB’s & S’s only)

I didn't post him in this thread because the reality is he was ***.

He got passed up by Davison Igbinosun & Jermaine Mathews who was a TF.

The one thing I trust Oh ST on is they play TF's if they're good. They don't give af about upper classmen Seniority. Whether it's at QB, RB, WR, CB, S etc.. if you're good enough to play early, they'll play you.

Ryan Turner barely got any snaps for 2 years at Oh ST & got beat by TF this year.

He'll only be talked about because he went to Nade, but IMO, not a take.
I didnt like him coming out of high school all that much either

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Miami needs to get to moving. Kids already blocking in within minutes of hitting the portal.

IMG_5714.jpeg

Advertisement
@Memnon thoughts on Corey Thornton from UCF? He came from Booker T if i remember correctly
Is good in off cover zone, but is inconsistent in Press man coverage & sometimes struggles with footwork.

Would take as a depth piece, but wouldn't be the first priority. There's others available that I would take ahead of him.

Experienced upperclassmen with a lot of starts, but doesn't necessarily lift the floor of the CB room.

I actually think he'd make for a good FS.

Is good in off cover zone, but is inconsistent in Press man coverage & sometimes struggles with footwork.

Would take as a depth piece, but wouldn't be the first priority. There's others available that I would take ahead of him.

Experienced upperclassmen with a lot of starts, but doesn't necessarily lift the floor of the CB room.

I actually think he'd make for a good FS.
On the same page then.

Came away with 3 interceptions and a good amount of pass deflections so he has ball skills but I questioned his coverage skills.

On the same page then.

Came away with 3 interceptions and a good amount of pass deflections so he has ball skills but I questioned his coverage skills.
Played well against K State & OK ST (2 teams who are primary run offenses), but against Baylor, West VA & Oklahoma struggled in coverage.

Plus with the way things turned out with Davonte I wonder if they would be reluctant in taking another UCF Corner...

Advertisement
Played well against K State & OK ST (2 teams who are primary run offenses), but against Baylor, West VA & Oklahoma struggled in coverage.

Plus with the way things turned out with Davonte I wonder if they would be reluctant in taking another UCF Corner...
Was what you saw from Devonte this year, some of the same issues at UCF?

No.

Davonte was one of the best cover corners in the Nation at UCF. Idk what happened to him at Miami.
You think he should get another shot here this year or move on?
Literally haven’t seen someone commit PIs at such a high rate since I used to watch Stanford Routt with the Raiders…

Given our lack of involvement with any portal cbs (at least it appears that way + them saying they were happy with our top 3) maybe we should hope he sticks and solves his PI problems. Hopefully Stafford steps up too

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back