Potential Portal DB’s (CB’s & S’s only)

It’s not badmouthing.

Honest assessment is honest assessment; there’s nothing wrong with giving your opinion on a player based on what you’ve seen. It’s disingenuous to pretend as if every player is a 1st ballot HOF’er & anyone who says otherwise is a “Mope”.

This board would do itself wonders if it just stood on the principle of honesty over being overzealous Super fans.
I try to be fair and unbiased which can be hard when you talk to certain people close to players. I’ll never be personal but I trust my eyes and when it’s obvious I then state my opinion.

Advertisement
Another kid I didn’t mention in the OP was Dyoni Hill 6’0 170lbs Sophomore CB that goes to Marshall.

He’s from Gainesville FL, so I figured IF he were to enter the Portal UF would be the obvious favorites.

But he had a good Soph season with 52tks 10PD’s & 1INT.

Also has familiarity with Guidry from when Guid was at Marshall last year.

It’s not badmouthing.

Honest assessment is honest assessment; there’s nothing wrong with giving your opinion on a player based on what you’ve seen. It’s disingenuous to pretend as if every player is a 1st ballot HOF’er & anyone who says otherwise is a “Mope”.

This board would do itself wonders if it just stood on the principle of honesty over being overzealous Super fans.

Wasn't talking about people moping man lol

Just that Kam's done a lot outside of football here, so people really haven't criticized him that much. That's it

Wasn't talking about people moping man lol

Just that Kam's done a lot outside of football here, so people really haven't criticized him that much. That's it
Kam is a great kid. He’s one of my favorite players here. He’s just been a disappointment on field the last season and change . Hes way too smart and talented to be busting coverages so much. It’s reckless . Giving up td’s on third and 19’s or hail Mary’s.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I mean, lets be real.

As if the current HC of this team puts any focus on speed on the perimeter on both sides of the ball.

No way.

Advertisement
Kam played fantastic as a freshman and got on everyone’s “list”

No one objectively looks at football anymore. They get their guys and make their lists and circle jerk it until awards season

Kam parlayed the great freshman season and the huge game against Georgia Tech (when the people who vote for this crap awaken from their slumber) and got put on the All American team

What we all saw and quickly forgot when he was named to that team, is that he blew lots of plays last year

That’s just the truth about who he’s been for two seasons

Wasn't Charles Brantley kind of churned through the rumor mill 2 Miami last year? Feel like it was a name that popped up around the Brown commit at DB.

Or maybe I am making this up, but this is something I remember. idk if it was a Twitter thing, something from here, idk.

Screenshot_20231126_145252_ESPN.jpg

Would be his 3rd transfer, unless he graduated, so he might be a Spring time candidate.

But a bunch of Purdue players have entered the Portal recently. Just something to keep an eye on.

Advertisement
Another kid I didn’t mention in the OP was Dyoni Hill 6’0 170lbs Sophomore CB that goes to Marshall.

He’s from Gainesville FL, so I figured IF he were to enter the Portal UF would be the obvious favorites.

But he had a good Soph season with 52tks 10PD’s & 1INT.

Also has familiarity with Guidry from when Guid was at Marshall last year.
Gotta hope the relationship with Guidry is stronger than his desire to go back to Gainesville

If KK and JW leave we need 2-3. They really need to see their draft grade first , the film won’t be kind especially with KK. I know somebody close to an agent and he said exactly what I’ve been saying about KK “ feast or famine “.
I’m assuming he’s a 4.5-4.6 speed guy. If that’s the case, he’s a day 3 pick at best. Consider a guy like brian branch from bama last year — similar speed, but bigger and with much better tape. Almost slipped to the 3rd round.

Wasn't Charles Brantley kind of churned through the rumor mill 2 Miami last year? Feel like it was a name that popped up around the Brown commit at DB.

Or maybe I am making this up, but this is something I remember. idk if it was a Twitter thing, something from here, idk.
He entered the Portal back in the Spring, but decided to remove his name & go back to Mich ST.

His name was mentioned as a possible to be brought in, but nothing was official.

He still hasn’t entered the Portal yet, actually none of these players I posted have lol, this is just a thread about DB’s who might enter the portal.

Basically it’s speculative educated guesses on my part lol

So raid Indiana since they fired their HC. They got a RS FR qb who finished the season strong statistically too…

I think we need a portal CB. But I would say make sure Porter returns. He played well this year.

Honestly we could really be doing some addition by subtraction this season at DB. I think just without Couch and Davis (who started like 75%+ of games) we will be bettter with going with the other guys we already have.

I think James Williams improved quite a bit this year. But he obviously has a few negative plays. For me at least James Williams seemed like he played harder than most others. Kam was more famine than feast this year. If Kam returns he’s starting. Idk he just needs to drastically improve when he’s choosing to take those shots. Cause he was 100% responsible for at least like 4 TDs when he jumped underneath routes.

So it’s tough to say we would be better with like an average 2 portal Safeties + retaining guys we already have like Harris … but it honestly might be the case. If Kam cut the major negative plays in half, he’d be such a better player. But man dude just hasn’t learned in 2 yrs

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back