Potential grad transfer Delaney to visit next weekend

Advertisement
Pete, any word on what schools are in contention for him and what his interest level is?

All I know is they're already setting up a meeting between him and Adrian Colbert next week.
Coach Colbertson is a coffee drinking closer. It's a wrap on Delaney. Welcome to the U, Dee!!!

I'm not kidding you, they had Colbert sit down with Randy Russell's family yesterday earlier in the day before his commitment.

There's a reason he was made available to the media as a team spokesman a couple days after arriving here last year. This dude is the goods. Got a talk game like Joel Osteen.

I didn't know much about Colbert last year when we learned he was transferring to UM.
Then I look him up and I read a story where he got in a sideline tussle with some of his UT teammates because they were laughing and cutting up during a game vs Baylor where they were getting killed.
I was sold then that he was going to be a valuable member of this program.

All I know is they're already setting up a meeting between him and Adrian Colbert next week.
Coach Colbertson is a coffee drinking closer. It's a wrap on Delaney. Welcome to the U, Dee!!!

I'm not kidding you, they had Colbert sit down with Randy Russell's family yesterday earlier in the day before his commitment.

There's a reason he was made available to the media as a team spokesman a couple days after arriving here last year. This dude is the goods. Got a talk game like Joel Osteen.

I didn't know much about Colbert last year when we learned he was transferring to UM.
Then I look him up and I read a story where he got in a sideline tussle with some of his UT teammates because they were laughing and cutting up during a game vs Baylor where they were getting killed.

He will probably stay diplomatic but Id love to hear recollections and thoughts on this time at Texas. The stuff he says about UM and the current staff is very telling in itself....

He will probably stay diplomatic but Id love to hear recollections and thoughts on this time at Texas. The stuff he says about UM and the current staff is very telling in itself....

You're right to assume he will go the diplomatic route with regards to UT as he seems to be a classy and mature
dude.
But from my experiences following coaches and players over the years, you can often glean what their thoughts are
when they are praising another coach and program. Usually those compliments are the inverse of what they
thought of their previous program/coach.

Advertisement
Was reading up on Delaney and someone mentioned that he had followed a bunch of CANES recently on social media , so I checked it out. I know this doesn't mean hes a lock by any means, but it's def a very good sign that he's following our DC , DB coach, our best DB and future NFL player (Elder), a former Cane/NFL Player (DVD), and most importantly Colbert, who was in the same position last year. On a side note how awesome is Colbert, the kid goes above and beyond what he needs to make sure these kids know Miami is the place to be, and he was only here for 1 season. Love this kid and his passion for Miami.

View attachment 42952

If he isn't following [MENTION=9693]CanesInSight[/MENTION] or [MENTION=4648]Pete[/MENTION]rariz he ain't bout this life!

This guy >>>>>>>>baker. All day.

Fans see guys running around weeks after an acl surgery and think they're no big deal but it takes guys 2 seasons to 100% get back to where they were prior.We saw it with Owens looking like a DT chasing guys this past season.Watch how much better he looks next year.

Overall agreed, but not sure I would go as far as to say two seasons.. It does take some longer than others, but after a certain amount of time it's all mental. Even top athletes sometimes struggle to get that fear of re-injury out of the back of their minds

download_image

My favorite pick from this kid... Shows great awareness at reading the QB's eyes & tracking ability from within Zone coverage.

Would be huge, we really need this guy after losing Corn and missing on Edwards and Henderson. We have numbers at CB but the quality is not as good as we need. Crown Colbert, dude loves Miami. Needs to be brought on for a player development position if it doesn't work out for him in the NFL.

Advertisement
Pete, any word on what schools are in contention for him and what his interest level is?

I want Colbert to succeed on the next level in the worst way now but Jesuchristoooo there better be a permanent standing offer to make him a grad assistant if he doesn't. Talk about a guy that came to embody all the things we want in a Cane in like a freakin' calendar year.

Would be huge, we really need this guy after losing Corn and missing on Edwards and Henderson. We have numbers at CB but the quality is not as good as we need. Crown Colbert, dude loves Miami. Needs to be brought on for a player development position if it doesn't work out for him in the NFL.

Dude Henderson and Edwards would be sitting the bench soon as the 2018 class got here . Edwards wasn't beating out Trajan , Young or Dean . When the 2018 class arrived he will be special teams type player or safety at best . Henderson is soft and a quitter. Write it down he's a bust most divas are

Dude Henderson and Edwards would be sitting the bench soon as the 2018 class got here . Edwards wasn't beating out Trajan , Young or Dean . When the 2018 class arrived he will be special teams type player or safety at best . Henderson is soft and a quitter. Write it down he's a bust most divas are

Trajan (as much as I love him) and Dean have not played a down of big boy football yet. Corn played more snaps than any other player and if you think Dean/Bandy are going to come in and replace him you are mistaken and a homer. Edwards and Henderson are better than our dead weight. It's about building for the future. This guy would help with the loss of Corn/Colbert is my point but you want to focus on the saltiness of losing Edwards/Henderson.

Last edited:
If Delaney/Dean and Young are our top 3 corners next year, then I will feel very comfortable with that position. The only question mark that remains is at the safety spots. We all know Johnson will start, but after him it seems like a sh*t storm.

I guess we can all be rest assured that Diaz and Banda will coach up our guys and that competition will bring out the best of them. I would like to see Michael Jackson get a shot back there. I have heard buzz and he actually seems like a decent player.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Can confirm Delaney is in Miami this weekend.

Pete is Jeff Thomas on campus today as well?? Hope he's around to talk shop with some of these recruits. His name was buzzing after the AA game, and his commitment got a lot of coverage so would be great if that's the case.

Advertisement
Back