Potential Fields transfer

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
If we have talent but we're losing games because of the system and play calling, what is another QB going to do?

Based on what I have seen this year, not a whole lot. However, taking the offensive line as an example. There is a lack of talent, as well as a lack of coaching. So too, Jon Richt can be a garbage coach, but perhaps Perry and Williams are not the answer. They may be the answer, but neither is a certainty and proven at this level. So with that, we need to bring in as much talent as possible. Based on your statement, we may as well just close up shop and not recruit the highest talent until we get rid of Richt.

Advertisement
If we have talent but we're losing games because of the system and play calling, what is another QB going to do?

If I'm going to have a ****** offensive system (which we do) then I'd at least want the best QB running it. Maybe then, we will have a chance. Also, many of us are still holding out hope for offensive coaching changes.

It's not my statement, though. It's the collective statement of the board. And that's exactly what they want to do.

At this point, I want the cupboards as full as possible for whoever his successor is. It is clear that there is a deficiency and stubbornness in the coaching staff, a lack of talent at some important positions, and now a real struggle to get talented players to sign. Richt's scheme seems to be premised on out-talenting people, not out-scheming them. If that is the case, this year's class is going to be a real problem in a year or two.

Advertisement
Back