Potential DC Names

Only way the DC changes is if Manny goes. It would be nice to re shuffle that side of the ball though and get some good recruiters.

Advertisement
Our 3rd and long defense is atrocious. Teams convert more often than not in those scenarios. That’s embarrassing.

We have a bend-don’t-break style of defense. I’m not really a fan. I understand we haven’t been giving up a lot of points, but we still shouldn’t be letting teams like GT march down the field at will and hold the ball for 6+ minutes. That’s bad...

Who has the most points is how who wins Football games are decided.

I don't think that's the plan. Diaz defense is just boom or bust.

Boom or Bust was the previous three years. This year under Baker is a significant change in philosophy. It is a more NFL style. Would work great at Bama, Clemson, OSU, UGA etc. But given the weakness in UM's offense, do have to think that a higher risk/reward might fit better for the current team. This is not an offense (QB, OL and WR in particular) that is built to go 70 yards. A few more short fields or even Defensive scores might be the best approach for this team?

Boom or Bust was the previous three years. This year under Baker is a significant change in philosophy. It is a more NFL style. Would work great at Bama, Clemson, OSU, UGA etc. But given the weakness in UM's offense, do have to think that a higher risk/reward might fit better for the current team. This is not an offense (QB, OL and WR in particular) that is built to go 70 yards. A few more short fields or even Defensive scores might be the best approach for this team?
Its the same defense. It has looked different because obviously baker and diaz arent the same and the d-line is missing the disruption inside.

Advertisement
Not a fan of Baker. The stats are inflated and don't tell the whole story. He is as big a problem as Enos imo.

Anyway, who are some name youd like to see?

And just hypothetically, if Muschamp and/or TRob become available (likely), would you be okay with them wearing the U?

Our defense has shown improvement however, I'll entertain your post.

HARD NO to Muschamp, Rob, or Schiano.

Here's two

Winston Moss - XFL GM/HC <--- Interested
Wesley McGriff - Auburn Db's coach <--- Unknown Interest

There is always the possibility that Dave Aranda misunderstands something Orgeron says, takes offense and in a fit of rage and pride, relocates to Miami and Diaz. It could happen.

No big name DC is coming here to run Manny's defense. I don't understand how sports fanatics can make threads like these.

Agreed. Manny should completely take over the D and hire a recruiting DC.

Advertisement
Our defense has shown improvement however, I'll entertain your post.

HARD NO to Muschamp, Rob, or Schiano.

Here's two

Winston Moss - XFL GM/HC <--- Interested
Wesley McGriff - Auburn Db's coach <--- Unknown Interest
Just throwing out names regardless of fit?

Advertisement
have everyone in the stands at the next game put their name on a slip of paper, put all the names in a hat and then draw one.

that person could be our new DC and probably do as good as if not a better job than what we have now.

then repeat that to fill all the other staff positions.

Defense will be okay. They lost some key guys this year and have begun to settle. They aren’t elite but they’re good enough to win

Biggest thing this defense needs is faster LB’s. Love Shaq and Pickney but I’m ready for younger faster guys there.

Advertisement
Back