Potential DC Names

Advertisement
Aside from UNC and Va tech, they haven’t been horrible. The big run against UF had two missed calls
Thomas muffing a punt inside the ten didn’t help the d, they played great other than a busted coverage and missed tackles on the long run. And as you said there was multiple penalties on that play

This defense lost a ton of experience and leadership.

It's obviously had some growing pains and played poorly in stretches. But it's playing better over the last three games and has only given up 2 TDs in the last 12 quarters.

Taking a wait and see approach on Baker through the rest of the season.

Those dudes were dropping short passes. Not like they were running free dropping deep balls. So you can't say they would have won.
Would have at a minimum gone for large gains and extended drives. No defender in sight for at least 5 yards.

It's an alarming trend (the guys being that wide open, not the drops).

Advertisement
I think y'all need to slow down, Baker thought not amazing he is young and seems to be willing to learn. I think he has potential to be really good. With that being said Manny needs to surround Baker and himself with experience and different perspectives that is the only way he and Baker will learn in an efficient way. Like having Banda as a Co-DC is in no way bring anything valuable to the defensive planning and strategizing in meetings. Obviously if there is a top DC willing to come here then you get them, but Baker is not bad

Our 3rd and long defense is atrocious. Teams convert more often than not in those scenarios. That’s embarrassing.

We have a bend-don’t-break style of defense. I’m not really a fan. I understand we haven’t been giving up a lot of points, but we still shouldn’t be letting teams like GT march down the field at will and hold the ball for 6+ minutes. That’s bad...
I don't think that's the plan. Diaz defense is just boom or bust.

Advertisement
The defense doesn’t look as refined in certain spots as it did in the past couple of years. The jump from sorry a$$ No-D to Manny D was exponential and such a difference that it was refreshing. This year seems like a poor mans version of his defense. However, that could be a result of personnel plus a slight downgrade in play calling. You can see flashes from Hall or Blades, Rousseau and Nesta. Still, there a pretty young bunch. I’ve been disappointed in Shaq and Pinckney but I felt like Shaq played a lot better yesterday. McCloud seemed to be very active and always around the ball. I hope he gets his redshirt. That will be a huge point of stability on the defense. Baker, or Manny need to take personal inventory and focus on the details to get this defense back to dominating like it did against West Virginia in the bowl game a couple of years back.

I would like a new DLine coach and the current one going back to what he came here for. And switch out either Banda or the special team coach for a better recruiter on defense.
Something i don't get is why diaz didn't hire petri. He has been at la tech the last 5 years with baker and developed ferguson and the DT they had a few years ago that went 1st round.

I think y'all need to slow down, Baker thought not amazing he is young and seems to be willing to learn. I think he has potential to be really good. With that being said Manny needs to surround Baker and himself with experience and different perspectives that is the only way he and Baker will learn in an efficient way. Like having Banda as a Co-DC is in no way bring anything valuable to the defensive planning and strategizing in meetings. Obviously if there is a top DC willing to come here then you get them, but Baker is not bad
LOL can you imagine Panda walking in.....I got the scouting report and game plan for you, bro!

if im going to keep ti real. I would have been fine with him keeping Jess Simpson as DC. what i saw from that guy as far as techinque was impressive.

Advertisement
if im going to keep ti real. I would have been fine with him keeping Jess Simpson as DC. what i saw from that guy as far as techinque was impressive.
He picked up the slack and landed Jakai Clark for us too

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back