Potential Balom injury

Caneville or footballville or whatever that dude's name is who goes to practice said Balom didn't participate Tuesday or Wednesday, that's why Blades was working with the Safeties, and there are rumors he might be out for the season.

With Tae coming back, if this is true, it's obviously much less of a blow. But I know the staff likes Balom a ton. Either way, if it's true, sucks for the kid.

Advertisement
Balom was out the field not participating on Tuesday. Going from hanging out in shorts with Kitchens with no visible issue to being out for the year would be something.

Balom was out the field not participating on Tuesday. Going from hanging out in shorts with Kitchens with no visible issue to being out for the year would be something.
There are some conditions that aren't visible that can hold a player out.

There are some conditions that aren't visible that can hold a player out.
Sure. A non-football related issue. Guys like Campbell who has a serious knee issue aren't out there watching practice. At least it hasn't been reported that he is. So a football related issue that is season ending that just occurred? I wouldn't think he'd be out there.

He didn't say it was football related.

He also didn't say it WASN'T football related.

Only that he might be out for the season. Hope he's wrong, obviously.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hypothetically let's say he is out for season. Obviously Tae aint playing vs Bama either. Who would be our 3rd Safety? Kinchens?

I think it'd almost certainly be Kinchens, he's played great all camp and we know the staff loves him. Known as a very cerebral kid, you'd think they'd trust him (as much as you can trust a true freshman against Alabama).

Blades working in there would probably be next/in the mix. He did play Safety in HS.

Where does James Williams fit in? Is he ready to play in a game? I know he's kind of being trained for a unicorn role, so how many reps has he gotten as a true safety?

And then Keyshawn Washington I'd guess would be last off the bench.

And then, nobody wants to hear it, but I'm sure the staff would at least discuss Amari Carter going back. Even if it's for a game or two until the young kids can get some experience.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Blades would be a terrible safety. He can’t tackle and has horrible ball skills. What’s his value there? Kinchens is the guy and James can play if he’s put in position to succeed.

How about Avantae Williams? I know he has missed time but we are just starting prep work for Bama and this kid is a 5 star stud.

He missed what 35 days? You think its smart to throw in right away against Bama? I don’t.

I think they should get him ready to go by game 4.

Advertisement
Back