Potential 2021 options IF we don't have a 2020 season

Advertisement
Thoughts?

This Mark Rodgers is a wannabe ****bag clout chaser. Saying back in April “Expect News to be breaking soon” when no one still knows in July.

I am about ready to admit I was wrong. I thought there was no alway this thing could be politicized to the point where virtually no one dying anymore still wouldn’t be enough for us to move forward.

I am starting to think no matter what happens with mortality and hospitalizations, as long as the count meter keeps going up we aren’t going to have football.

For the record I still think we will play this season as scheduled, but was thinking about potential 2021 options if we don't.

Came up with this option where they can potentially play two shortened seasons next year.

Season One:

Begin practice as soon as students report back from winter break.
Eliminate all cupcakes and cross conference games like Miami-Wake Forest this year.
Play an eight game schedule, of which seven are conference games beginning February 6th and ending April 3rd.
Additional game scheduled so natural rivals like GT-Georgia, UM-FSU and S. Carolina-Clemson still get played.
All underclassmen MUST sit one (maybe even two) games of the season to avoid overworking.
Add additional game to redshirt rule.
Three P5 teams have a bye after game 4, the other two after game 5..
Conference Championships and bowl games played throughout April
College football Championship played in mid May.

Start the same process in late September-early October.

Definitely more work for the players but with a bye and a mandatory sit game (or even two), they only play a handful more games, albeit in a tighter time frame.

Thoughts?
Skip the 2020 season and go right into spring practice.

They need the money too much to do that. Most of these programs are a house of cards. They’re leveraged up to their eyeballs and don’t have the reserves to survive a year with out the $$ from March madness and college football.

Personally I think it’s all or nothing. If there’s no fall football season, I don’t think there’s going be one in the spring either. But let’s see

Advertisement
But what happens when the expected second wave arrives in Nov, peaking in February? Then you simply duplicate the current scenario, only this time there is no "spring season". At that point the hope might be that there will be a 2021 season in the spring of 2022.

But what happens when the expected second wave arrives in Nov, peaking in February? Then you simply duplicate the current scenario, only this time there is no "spring season". At that point the hope might be that there will be a 2021 season in the spring of 2022.
Much better chance of having a vaccine that works by then.

Advertisement
Back