Potential 2019 1st Round Picks

nvlahos

Junior
Premium
Since we didn't have anyone this year, was curious people thoughts on who could go in the 1st next year.

IMO -

WR - Ahmmon Richards
- With all the measurable's, if Richards has a big year, he's a 1st rounder no doubt

DE - Joe Jackson
-
Same with Jackson. Is the prototypical NFL DE. If he has another solid/big year, he's a top 20 pick

CB - Michael Jackson
- Size, speed, and started to develop very good coverage & ball skills last year. If he takes the next step like we're hearing he is, I could see MJ as a 1st round/early 2nd rd pick

DT - Gerald Willis
- supposedly is unblock-able in practice, we all know of his skills and potential. If it comes full circle this year, he's a potential 1st/2nd rounder

S - Jaquan Johnson
- although slightly undersized, Jaquan just makes plays and I think he has an All-American year. We saw two undersized DBs go in the first round this year (Mike Hughes, Jaire Alexander). IMO JJ can sneak into the 1st with a big year

Advertisement
Joe Jackson and Willis def have the most potential out of the bunch. Richards and Jackson are definitely possible too. Not sure I see Johnson, even though his production could be deserving but NFL will not like the small size and him not having track speed to balance it out. He will be a steal to whoever he falls to though.

I'm thinking 3 next year. Ahmon and Joe is the safest bet. Mike Jack has the size to be one as well, just depends on the type of season he has. Also, don't be surprise for either Shaq or Pick to get a look in the first 3 rounds as well.

Willis being unblockable by our off line doesnt merit a first round selection.

Love the talent listed above however to be a first rounder you need to be in the top 2-3 in the NCAA ie College AA (Unless you a re a QB)
- Few of the above guys MIGHT be first team All ACC - most wont

Not hating - just took off my orange and green glasses a while ago

Advertisement
Jackson and Richards if they stay healthy are first rounders.

Mike Jack has the tools too but he has to become better in the short passing game.

Love Jaquan but he’s an undersized strong safety. Don’t see it.
He didn’t give up much underneath or beyond 20 yards. What are you talking about?

Willis being unblockable by our off line doesnt merit a first round selection.

Love the talent listed above however to be a first rounder you need to be in the top 2-3 in the NCAA ie College AA (Unless you a re a QB)
- Few of the above guys MIGHT be first team All ACC - most wont

Not hating - just took off my orange and green glasses a while ago

Agreed and my guess is not all 5 of these guys will go 1st rd.

Just listed who I think have a shot from this years team

Advertisement
We will definitely be making more early round noise next year thats for sure. If richards is healthy and keeps building on his game and develops some more strength he is a lock imo. And Jackson is gonna be getting doubled like crazy so his numbers may not be too flashy but NFL scouts won't miss his impact

Of course you don’t.
5ADCA864-C4D8-4F1A-9073-E437D4D52914.jpeg

Advertisement
Willis and Jaquan aren’t 1st rounders

The other three are if there’s no drop offf and if Ahmmon doesn’t get hurt again.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back