Post Season Inquiry for our insiders" Ariz, JayCane, Cribby, D$, and the others (you know who you are)

filmcane

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
Now that the season is officially over, I would love to hear your takes on Mario and going forward.

I strongly believe that if he did a few large picture (less specific) things, he will have us in the playoffs every year. However, my concerns are with lack of accountability for himself.

He came in preaching accountability and culture, but here are some things (and it's not all of it) that concern me:
  • Before reading these points, please remember Mario's catch phrase, "How we do anything is how we do everything." So, with that in mind, read on...
  • We are a highly penalized team. Even taking the reffing bias that was more evident than ever this year, we are still committing too many penalties.
  • Allowing George to play the fool in the bowl game and there not to be any apparent disciplinary repercussions for the young man. This non-action seems to project a larger problem beyond one bowl game.
  • No reasonable and fair-minded person can look at his HC career (especially this year) and think that his gameday coaching is adequate to succeed here.
  • Like all HC's of major programs, Mario has a huge ego and ego has killed more successful coaching careers than anything. Do you believe Mario has the internal strength to fight his ego, identify the problems, and do whatever is necessary (within the rules) to succeed?
So, dear insiders, I would love to hear your takes on him, self-accountability, his ability to see and address the things that are holding us back and what you believe will happen in the 2024 season. Thanks in advance for your insights!

Advertisement
beating a dead horse wtf GIF

Advertisement
Kinda like the hundreds (if not thousands) of posts these guys have made about Mario already
I say this with respect - I'm not sure you understand what this forum is if you don't think we should be talking about this. What exactly do you think these forums are for? Also, since you're not my biggest fan, for your own peace, maybe you shouldn't click on my posts...?

I say this with respect - I'm not sure you understand what this forum is if you don't think we should be talking about this. What exactly do you think these forums are for? Also, since you're not my biggest fan, for your own peace, maybe you shouldn't click on my posts...?
Read this post back to yourself and ask yourself what the **** you’re talking about

Advertisement
You asked questions which have no answers.

Hopefully gameday Mario improves but who the **** knows.

The rest was ....

tv show 90s GIF

Advertisement
Seems empty in here so I'll say... I've never met the guy, but not taking a knee to run the ball and waiting endlessly to get Ward because that's the player he wants speak towards high-level stubbornness. Swinney is another coach that's been unbelievably stubborn, and look at his program now.

Penalties are always an issue with UM teams. I don't know that it's all on Cristobal. I do agree that they should reel in the jawing until they can string together more than 7 wins. And bench folks. His decision to leave George out there in the bowl game does go against what he preaches about accountability.

I think everyone knows we have a coach that can recruit his *** off. With the expanded playoff, that may be enough to sneak in the door once or twice. But, likely will not lead to sustained success at the highest levels. I don't know if his great interpersonal skills will be enough to keep everyone on the ship. Won't be surprised if we end up like A&M.

As a self appointed insider, I can assure that Mario knows exactly what he's doing and not to worry because big help is on the way. I'm not permitted to go into specifics but someone or something either big or small is going to happen and possible affect the team either negatively or positively.

Advertisement
Seems empty in here so I'll say... I've never met the guy, but not taking a knee to run the ball and waiting endlessly to get Ward because that's the player he wants speak towards high-level stubbornness. Swinney is another coach that's been unbelievably stubborn, and look at his program now.

Penalties are always an issue with UM teams. I don't know that it's all on Cristobal. I do agree that they should reel in the jawing until they can string together more than 7 wins. And bench folks. His decision to leave George out there in the bowl game does go against what he preaches about accountability.

I think everyone knows we have a coach that can recruit his *** off. With the expanded playoff, that may be enough to sneak in the door once or twice. But, likely will not lead to sustained success at the highest levels. I don't know if his great interpersonal skills will be enough to keep everyone on the ship. Won't be surprised if we end up like A&M.
umm exactly he didn't wait endlessly to get Ward that's not what happened get your facts straight if you're gonna say something like that.

Advertisement
Back