Offense:

N'Kosi Perry - 16/27 182yds 1TD 59%cmp, 9car 18yds rushing 1TD
Deejay Dallas - 13car 63yds, 2rec 14yds
KJ Osborn- 4rec 60yds
Brevin Jordan - 2rec 48yds
Mark Pope - 2rec 30yds
Mike Harley - 3rec 16yds
Jeff Thomas - 3rec 14yds

Offense gained 265yds total, 2/10 on 3rd down with 25:41 in Time Of Possession & 0 turnovers.

First MAJOR MAJOR PROPS & RESPECT to Kosi Perry, the kid played a **** of a game & was clear cut leader out there putting this team on his back & getting us our FIRST win vs a P5 opponent on the season. If it weren't for about 4 or 5 drops he would've had a well over 60%cmp & put up bigger numbers.

He was impressive showing poise in the pocket & was evasive considering he had DLineman breathing down his throat on **** near every play. The 2 major differences between he & Jarren is his arm talent & escape-ability under pressure, he knows how to extend plays with his feet & get out trouble the best he can. He'll still get sacked because our OL is just God awful, but there were multiple plays where his mobility allowed him to sneak away from rushers when in Jarren's case would've been sacked.

Give the kid his credit, he was much maligned & bashed like crazy by our fans for most of the offseason, and now it's come to fruition that he's no doubt the best QB on the team & probably would have us at 4-2 or 5-1 had he started from the beginning (IMO). It also looks as though Diaz & Enos might have a made mistake in naming Jarren the starter coming out of Fall camp, obviously Jarren was the safer thrower & didn't turn the ball over as much in the scrimmages, but I distinctly remember a Barry Jackson article from back in August where he quoted an unnamed team official that said Perry was the perfect fit for Enos's offense & probably had the best upside out of the QB's.

The Offense is still vastly under performing commiserate to the talent we have, Idk why Enos is so **** bent on forcing this slow under center offense on our personnel but it obviously isn't gonna change anytime soon. Look at the drastic difference in offensive productivity when we throw the ball more & go faster (VA Tech) as opposed to when we're taking a majority of the snaps under center with long 5-7 step drop Play actions, it's beyond clear we're a Spread team, but it seems we'll only ever see it when we're down 3-4 TD's & have no choice but to toss it around.

Zion Nelson is a HUGE liability to this Offense, he simply isn't ready for Power 5 Football & has literally given up a Sack in every game (except Bethune), he routinely gets beat like a rented mule off the snap & consistently makes it even harder to execute an Offense that already doesn't really fit the players to begin with. I would move Scaife to LT & give John Campbell another shot at RT, Zion just doesn't have it this season, he should be redshirting.

The outside zone runs where the backside Defender goes completely unblocked gets blown up in the backfield for a TFL EVERY SINGLE TIME, stop running them please. And notice how the best run plays we had came out of the Shotgun 🤔...

Very good game from Deejay, he's tough physical runner that just continues to push forward, he rarely goes down on first contact. Idk why we don't throw the ball to our backs out of the backfield more, a wheel route to Deejay or Cam would be a big gain if we ever decided to throw one.

The WR's had some drops, but the with opportunities they did get they were solid. Was really happy to see Pope get loose, the kid is dynamic playmaker & the more you feed him the more he's going to ball. KJ has the best hands of the group & is a chain mover. JT4 has a bad drop just about every game, but he's explosive & can make plays at any given moment. I'd love to see Wiggins & Payton get more snaps, but it looks like they're redshirting Payton this season.

Brevin is the best TE in the country hands down. Idk why Enos thought it was a good idea to run a TE reverse in the Red Zone to short side of the field, but that's no fault of his. Brevin should be/better be a Mackey Award finalist this year.

Overall, the Offense still can't run the ball well enough & cannot protect the QB. I believe they're better at moving the ball down the field with Perry but for what Enos is getting paid the production just isn't consistently good enough. Our Red Zone offense is just plain terrible, no creativity at all & just about every play is easily diagnosed & stopped. He's one of the top 5 highest paid OC's in college football, but we're not seeing it maturate on the field that he was worth the money.

Defense:

Romeo Finley - 8tcks
Gregory Rousseau - 7tcks 2TFL's & 1sack
Trajan Bandy - 6tcks 1TFL, 1sack & 1FR
Mike Pinckney - 6tcks 1TFL, 1sack, 1PBU
Shaq Quarterman - 6tcks 1TFL
Gurvan Hall - 5tcks 1TFL, 1sack & 1PBU
Jon Ford - 4tcks 1TFL, 1sack & 1FF
Al Blades Jr - 3tcks & 1PBU
Trevon Hill - 3tcks
Bubba Bolden - 2tcks & 1PBU

Defense played its best game thus far which isn't really saying much (lol), but held UVA to just 74yds rushing. Our Run Defense has been stout all season having allowed only ONE 100 yard rusher this year.

We finally got see what happens when the Defensive staff pulls their head out of their *** & starts Rousseau, he was the most dominant player on the field & should've been starting from day 1. Even vs UF he was our best DE & it still took them till we lost 3 games before they realized they had an absolute monster on the edge. The decision to give Patchan more snaps than Rousseau wil ring out for years with this staff, easily one of their dumbest decisions in a long list of dumb decisions. Rousseau is by far the BEST player we have on Defense.

Jon Ford was a BEAST! He played like a man possessed & was absolutely dominating on the interior, even on the play where he got the sack he was being held big time by 2 UVA linemen & still got to the QB (of course the refs didn't call the egregious holding smh). Both he & Jordan Miller are great run stopping DT's, then add on Nesta Jade Silvera & we have a **** good trio of DT's for the next few years.

The Secondary has regressed. They really miss Jaquan, Redwine & Mike Jack. The Safety play outside of Gurvan has been subpar & the CB's have struggled a lot this season. I like Al Blades a lot, I think he's played well this year (not perfect but good enough).

DJ Ivey has been a big let down thus far, I heard a lot from people that had seen him in Fall camp that both he & Blades would be up to speed, but it's pretty clear he just doesn't have the technique in order to hold down a starting spot, he got ABUSED out there last night & simply isn't good enough right now. His hips are too stiff & he just doesn't know how to read a receiver, as someone who pays close attention to CB's & played CB I can tell you there's clear cut difference in Blades & Ivey's ability to cover. Al does get beat sometimes when he's too flat footed & doesn't get enough depth vs his man, but he has good hands & can make a play on the ball when he keeps his man in front of him, Ivey on the other hand is just slow with poor technique & gets lost in coverage. Al has natural cover ability that you can't teach, he needs to be the starter opposite of Bandy.

The pass rush finally showed up this game, they were in the backfield a lot & put pressure on Perkins with 5 sacks. The starting DL needs to be Rousseau, Ford, Nesta & Garvin, with Miller, Hill & Bethel rotating in. Not trying to pile on but I'm sorry Patchan is *** bruh, I'd rather Jahfari Harvey get his snaps than see him on the field again, he just doesn't have any explosion as a pass rusher & gets overran out of plays all the time.

The best players on Defense are Rousseau, Ford, Nesta & Gurvan.

Mad props to the walk-on Kicker Turner Davidson, he needs to kick all of our XP's & short yardage FG's for the rest of the season. And a BIG shoutout to Christian Williams for a TD saving tackle on that Kickoff return. He's done well on ST's this year I'd like to see him get snaps at CB this year.

Overall this was a great win for this team, after coming off a loss to a Va Tech team we should've beat, they could've packed in & come out lackadaisical but they didn't, they fought & persevered and beat a top 20 team, can't minimize how big that is for this team that was essentially playing for this season in this game. We're still a very inconsistent team & this win doesn't mean we're going 9-3 (I hope we do), but it's a start in the right direction. The staff still makes some very questionable decisions & we still can't Block to save our lives or get INT's on Defense but hopefully we can use this as a momentum booster to start playing up to our talent level.

Gotta take everything one week/one game at a time with this team, we should beat GTech handily, but you know that means it'll be a dogfight & once we hit the road vs Pitt & FSU there's no telling which version of this team will show up.

Either way I'm happy we got a W vs a good team, let's keep winning & keep building, the Coastal is not in our hands right now but all we can do is win out to put us in the best position to possibly win it, although we probably won't.

Advertisement
View attachment 99268

Offense:

KJ Osborn- 4rec 60yds
Mark Pope - 2rec 30yds
Mike Harley - 3rec 16yds
Jeff Thomas - 3rec 14yds

Offense gained 265yds total, 2/10 on 3rd down with 25:41 in Time Of Possession & 0 turnovers.

First MAJOR MAJOR PROPS & RESPECT to Kosi Perry, the kid played a **** of a game & was clear cut leader out there putting this team on his back & getting us our FIRST win vs a P5 opponent on the season. If it weren't for about 4 or 5 drops he would've had a well over 60%cmp & put up bigger numbers.

He was impressive showing poise in the pocket & was evasive considering he had DLineman breathing down his throat on **** near every play. The 2 major differences between he & Jarren is his arm talent & escape-ability under pressure, he knows how to extend plays with his feet & get out trouble the best he can. He'll still get sacked because our OL is just God awful, but there were multiple plays where his mobility allowed him to sneak away from rushers when in Jarren's case would've been sacked.

Give the kid his credit, he was much maligned & bashed like crazy by our fans for most of the offseason, and now it's come to fruition that he's no doubt the best QB on the team & probably would have us at 4-2 or 5-1 had he started from the beginning (IMO). It also looks as though Diaz & Enos might have a made mistake in naming Jarren the starter coming out of Fall camp, obviously Jarren was the safer thrower & didn't turn the ball over as much in the scrimmages, but I distinctly remember a Barry Jackson article from back in August where he quoted an unnamed team official that said Perry was the perfect fit for Enos's offense & probably had the best upside out of the QB's.

The Offense is still vastly under performing commiserate to the talent we have, Idk why Enos is so **** bent on forcing this slow under center offense on our personnel but it obviously isn't gonna change anytime soon. Look at the drastic difference in offensive productivity when we throw the ball more & go faster (VA Tech) as opposed to when we're taking a majority of the snaps under center with long 5-7 step drop Play actions, it's beyond clear we're a Spread team, but it seems we'll only ever see it when we're down 3-4 TD's & have no choice but to toss it around.

Zion Nelson is a HUGE liability to this Offense, he simply isn't ready for Power 5 Football & has literally given up a Sack in every game (except Bethune), he routinely gets beat like a rented mule off the snap & consistently makes it even harder to execute an Offense that already doesn't really fit the players to begin with. I would move Scaife to LT & give John Campbell another shot at RT, Zion just doesn't have it this season, he should be redshirting.

The outside zone runs where the backside Defender goes completely unblocked gets blown up in the backfield for a TFL EVERY SINGLE TIME, stop running them please. And notice how the best run plays we had came out of the Shotgun 🤔...

Very good game from Deejay, he's tough physical runner that just continues to push forward, he rarely goes down on first contact. Idk why we don't throw the ball to our backs out of the backfield more, a wheel route to Deejay or Cam would be a big gain if we ever decided to throw one.

The WR's had some drops, but the with opportunities they did get they were solid. Was really happy to see Pope get loose, the kid is dynamic playmaker & the more you feed him the more he's going to ball. KJ has the best hands of the group & is a chain mover. JT4 has a bad drop just about every game, but he's explosive & can make plays at any given moment. I'd love to see Wiggins & Payton get more snaps, but it looks like they're redshirting Payton this season.

Brevin is the best TE in the country hands down. Idk why Enos thought it was a good idea to run a TE reverse in the Red Zone to short side of the field, but that's no fault of his. Brevin should be/better be a Mackey Award finalist this year.

Overall, the Offense still can't run the ball well enough & cannot protect the QB. I believe they're better at moving the ball down the field with Perry but for what Enos is getting paid the production just isn't consistently good enough. Our Red Zone offense is just plain terrible, no creativity at all & just about every play is easily diagnosed & stopped. He's one of the top 5 highest paid OC's in college football, but we're not seeing it maturate on the field that he was worth the money.

Defense:

Romeo Finley - 8tcks
Trevon Hill - 3tcks

Defense played its best game thus far which isn't really saying much (lol), but held UVA to just 74yds rushing. Our Run Defense has been stout all season having allowed only ONE 100 yard rusher this year.

We finally got see what happens when the Defensive staff pulls their head out of their *** & starts Rousseau, he was the most dominant player on the field & should've been starting from day 1. Even vs UF he was our best DE & it still took them till we lost 3 games before they realized they had an absolute monster on the edge. The decision to give Patchan more snaps than Rousseau wil ring out for years with this staff, easily one of their dumbest decisions in a long list of dumb decisions. Rousseau is by far the BEST player we have on Defense.

Jon Ford was a BEAST! He played like a man possessed & was absolutely dominating on the interior, even on the play where he got the sack he was being held big time by 2 UVA linemen & still got to the QB (of course the refs didn't call the egregious holding smh). Both he & Jordan Miller are great run stopping DT's, then add on Nesta Jade Silvera & we have a **** good trio of DT's for the next few years.

The Secondary has regressed. They really miss Jaquan, Redwine & Mike Jack. The Safety play outside of Gurvan has been subpar & the CB's have struggled a lot this season. I like Al Blades a lot, I think he's played well this year (not perfect but good enough).

DJ Ivey has been a big let down thus far, I heard a lot from people that had seen him in Fall camp that both he & Blades would be up to speed, but it's pretty clear he just doesn't have the technique in order to hold down a starting spot, he got ABUSED out there last night & simply isn't good enough right now. His hips are too stiff & he just doesn't know how to read a receiver, as someone who pays close attention to CB's & played CB I can tell you there's clear cut difference in Blades & Ivey's ability to cover. Al does get beat sometimes when he's too flat footed & doesn't get enough depth vs his man, but he has good hands & can make a play on the ball when he keeps his man in front of him, Ivey on the other hand is just slow with poor technique & gets lost in coverage. Al has natural cover ability that you can't teach, he needs to be the starter opposite of Bandy.

The pass rush finally showed up this game, they were in the backfield a lot & put pressure on Perkins with 5 sacks. The starting DL needs to be Rousseau, Ford, Nesta & Garvin, with Miller, Hill & Bethel rotating in. Not trying to pile on but I'm sorry Patchan is *** bruh, I'd rather Jahfari Harvey get his snaps than see him on the field again, he just doesn't have any explosion as a pass rusher & gets overran out of plays all the time.

Mad props to the walk-on Kicker Turner Davidson, he needs to kick all of our XP's & short yardage FG's for the rest of the season. And a BIG shoutout to Christian Williams for a TD saving tackle on that Kickoff return. He's done well on ST's this year I'd like to see him get snaps at CB this year.

Overall this was a great win for this team, after coming off a loss to a Va Tech team we should've beat, they could've packed in & come out lackadaisical but they didn't, they fought & persevered and beat a top 20 team, can't minimize how big that is for this team that was essentially playing for this season in this game. We're still a very inconsistent team & this win doesn't mean we're going 9-3 (I hope we do), but it's a start in the right direction. The staff still makes some very questionable decisions & we still can't Block to save our lives or get INT's on Defense but hopefully we can use this as a momentum booster to start playing up to our talent level.

Gotta take everything one week/one game at a time with this team, we should beat GTech handily, but you know that means it'll be a dogfight & once we hit the road vs Pitt & FSU there's no telling which version of this team will show up.

Either way I'm happy we got a W vs a good team, let's keep winning & keep building, the Coastal is not in our hands right now but all we can do is win out to put us in the best position to possibly win it, although we probably won't.

Ford is by far the closest thing to a UM dt and can dominate at times. I actually posted he continually ate two blocks, him and maybe miler are the only two that can do that. But ford is head and shoulders the best interior lineman.

Him and garvin likely returning will be huge for the dL.

Advertisement
Depending on how we play on the road vs Pitt & FSU we could end up as a 7-5/8-4 team.

I'm still hoping we finish 9-3, but it looks like we'll be 7-5/8-4 with a bowl game to possibly add on one more W.

The Pitt game will tell a lot about this team, we beat a dangerous trap team like Pitt on the road, then maybe we'll turn this thing around, we lose to The Narduzzi & that's a wrap.

The toughest games we have left imo are Pitt & Duke on the road, not saying FSU won't be tough @ Doak, but I think those road games vs Pitt & Duke will be extremely tough for this team. We'll see what they're made of in those games.

I still have PTSD from Heinz field the last time. Not sure I can bring myself to go again.

I’ll never forget walking to the pregame across one of them bridges and there were other Canes fans around. Some Pittsburgh fan asked them if it would be close and he says “Miami by 40 bro.” I knew it right there...

The number one complaint on my list since UF has been personnel deployment. That’s all 100% on the staff, which is why I continue to call for their ouster. We cost ourselves the best chance at a better record by not properly identifying who gives us the best chance to win.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ford is by far the closest thing to a UM dt and can dominate at times. I actually posted he continually ate two blocks, him and maybe miler are the only two that can do that. But ford is head and shoulders the best interior lineman.

His development has been great thus far, with him, Miller, Nesta, 3 TF DT's, Rousseau, Garvin & J Phillips for next year we could have a **** good DL rotation next season.

His development has been great thus far, with him, Miller, Nesta, 3 TF DT's, Rousseau, Garvin & J Phillips for next year we could have a **** good DL rotation next season.

The New York boys have me excited too, they’re what um dt look like. They’ll add depth and probably be pass rush specialists next year. The rotation will be so deep.

Oh and we forgot Harvey lol. Dude will be special.

View attachment 99268

Offense:

KJ Osborn- 4rec 60yds
Mark Pope - 2rec 30yds
Mike Harley - 3rec 16yds
Jeff Thomas - 3rec 14yds

Defense:

Romeo Finley - 8tcks
Trevon Hill - 3tcks

****, Miami's receiver's dropped that many passes in the first-half. I knew it was at least three dropped passes in half number one. I guess I should mark down stat's such as that.

Nonetheless, maybe the Cane fans whom dislike Perry will give him a break for the time being.

Advertisement
I finished watching the tape of the game today. I have to give the play by play man on ESPN an enormous amount of credit. He was solid throughout and I was shocked when he correctly pointed out the possibility of Miami going for 2 after the last touchdown. He did so with 2:37 remaining and Miami driving while ahead 10-9.

In my section I had been advocating a 2 point attempt throughout that drive. I had several fans in support of the idea and several opposed and several unsure. One guy who was unsure mentioned the dagger twist...that if Miami failed on the 2 point attempt then Virginia could steal the victory by scoring a touchdown and converting a 2 pointer of its own.

I shook his hand. Absolutely. That's part of the risk, the equation. And undoubtedly we will see that scenario play out exactly that way in some game not too far down the road. This advanced strategy stuff is just beginning to spread in college and pro.

And I think we're gonna be better at linebacker next year w/o shaq and pinck. Brooks, Huff, Joyner, and McCloud should be an upgrade athletically.

Personally i predicted a W in this game and predicted a 5 win season. Based on the regression from last year (and on average game to game as well) on both O and D I think we still do.

But if our D gets marginally better we could stack up wins vs the **** poor coastal.
At the very least I have hope again

Advertisement
Our WR drop too many balls, they haven’t earned any compliments

Our OL can’t pass block. Come to think of it, they can’t run block either.

And for all the praise Nkosi was getting, he sure missed a lot of wide open receivers against VA.

We scored 17 POINTS. Nobody on this offense deserves any love.

PROPS for actually using the word "dominate" properly.

Advertisement
Back