Post Game Recap: TAMU

I love the nasty steak he has. He got a holding call but he also grabbed dude by his neck and folded him like a lawn chair. If you’re gonna get a penalty, send a message
Y’all, there were a couple of plays like this that I was fine with. JWill’s targeting that got removed (but looked like targeting to this common fan) vs Stewart was one. That’s on tape now, that he’s going to try and take off your head if he can.

Your WR coach is going to take a big breath in before telling you, “so, yeah, if 20’s near you, keep your head on a swivel.”

Advertisement
Matt Lee was a DAWG

He is the key to that line though what Cooper was doing was incredible. I love what you said about Mauigoa on defense, he just seemed to get away from himself, but once he reigned it in, he was a G

Mauigoa and Lee as transfers have had an incredible domino effect on this tesm

How about Flagg splitting that double team and blowing an entire play up??

I think Cohen has also had a great effect on the Team.

one thing i will add re the defensive effort- by the end of the game guidry was hanging on for dear life. he did a fantastic job limiting the bleeding and calling well-timed blitzes to make up for our CB issues and lack of pressure from the front 4 but we simply do not have the depth on defense right now to deliver a good performance minus our top 2 DL (plus an ailing nyjalik kelly). gotta hope deen and mesidor aren't long term injuries because that kind of attrition will really hurt us moving forward.

Advertisement
one thing i will add re the defensive effort- by the end of the game guidry was hanging on for dear life. he did a fantastic job limiting the bleeding and calling well-timed blitzes to make up for our CB issues and lack of pressure from the front 4 but we simply do not have the depth on defense right now to deliver a good performance minus our top 2 DL (plus an ailing nyjalik kelly). gotta hope deen and mesidor aren't long term injuries because that kind of attrition will really hurt us moving forward.
Very well said.

It’s where the Defensive adjustments will have to come into play for the next few weeks.

Because we’re going to be losing Kam for a while & the Safety depth behind Kam just isn’t on the same level whe you’re talking about Markeith & Balom. It’ll be interesting to see what he does with Jaden Harris & Jadais Richard.

Advertisement
1694320789160.gif

1694321288489.gif

Also the cojones on Dawson to keep his foot on the pedal & keep ATTACKING!!! We didn’t sit on the lead & try to “rUn tHe bALL bRo!” to salt away the lead. We didn’t get comfortable & complacent, we kept playing through the 4th quarter as if we were down even though we had a double digit lead! THATS. HOW. YOU. WIN. BIG. GAMES!!!!

Great point
Understated. This was something I wasn't even catching, then like a paranos size donkey *** I understood 100.

Advertisement
Man this was just one play, but there were several that stood out to me where our dudes were looking for contact. Young, I think Parrish had one, Restrepo on the Brashard return, obviously JW (and that combo with Porter late in the game…wow), and the Jaden forced fumble, but guys just putting their shoulder down to destroy guys, regardless which side of the ball. Total mindset shift. Not playing soft anymore.
Huge difference from what we've seen from recent teams!!! Great call!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back