Post Game Recap: NC State

View as article
Lost me when you said James Williams makes a lot of undisciplined mistakes but that’s not his fault……ummmmm alrighty then.

big bang theory sarcasm GIF

Advertisement
There isn't a sound explanation for failing to pull TVD vs Virginia or NCSU.

Maybe the coaches truly believe Emory Williams is god awful.

i just cannot explain it at this point.

I fully expect TVD to start against FSU.
It’s either
- They don’t believe in Emory
- They’re stupidly trying to preserve his Redshirt
- Or they really think TVD gives us the best chance to win

In all 3 scenarios it spells out incompetence.

Red fckin flags all around.

That was a top tier Corching performance of the highest order...

Randy Shannon/Al Folden/Manny Diaz level bad.

I know one fckin thing, yall boy Saint Cristobal better dip his head in a gallon of smelling salts & wake the fck up.

We got FSU next week & it’s lining up to be a public embarrassment on National TV.

Is that gonna be acceptable & excused too??? Yall okay with losing to FSU???
Nah, this board felt bad when FSU sucked & were actively rooting for them to be good again

@Memnon Thoughts on why designed short passing game w/ backs and TE are not used more with opp teams playing zone with safeties deep? TVD holding ball too long.
They were throwing designed short passes early.

Fletcher & McCormick had catches in the 1st half on routes to the flats...

The problem is, Defenses have clued in on stopping the run, so once they get us on a 2nd & long they send the house stacking the box with 8-9 defenders & if it’s a run play they stuff it, or if it’s a pass play it’s either a sack or an incompletion. Then when it’s 3rd & long we have no choice but to throw, so the Defense drops back 7 in coverage zones & gets a pick.

The short passing game isn’t going to work because every other aspect of our Offense is also short. There’s no explosion & no one respects the Deep ball, so everybody is just sitting back in 2-High, crowding the box & stacking the deck against an Offense they know can only go in one direction.

Advertisement
Advertisement
So Blake Baker coordinates a defense of a top 15 team and has a recent contract extension. Manny Diaz coordinates one of the best defenses in the country. Jedd Fisch is the HC of a team that is about 8 minutes of game time away from beating a third straight top 25 conference opponent. Al Golden is the DC at ******* Notre Dame.

They get away from Miami and all are doing just fine. I'm sure if Mario had stayed at Oregon he'd bumble and stumble his way into more 10 win seasons too. And yet we know how this ends. His name will be mud here when it is all over.

So Blake Baker coordinates a defense of a top 15 team and has a recent contract extension. Manny Diaz coordinates one of the best defenses in the country. Jedd Fisch is the HC of a team that is about 8 minutes of game time away from beating a third straight top 25 conference opponent. Al Golden is the DC at ******* Notre Dame.

They get away from Miami and all are doing just fine. I'm sure if Mario had stayed at Oregon he'd bumble and stumble his way into more 10 wins season too. And yet we know how this ends. His name will be mud here when it is all over.
Saban would probably suck at Miami. Toxic toxic place.

The problem is stupid begat stupid.

The people in charge only make hires based on if you have some bizarre connection to Miami & the program in some roundabout reach back to nostalgia effort. They never take into account Football acumen & actually understanding what it takes to win on Saturdays in Sep-Nov/Dec.

You need smart Football savvy people who know what the fck they’re doing, not just imitations & Super salesmen.

There are Coaches who would be successful & win games here, there only problem is that they’re not from Miami or didn’t Coach or attend to the school back in the 80’s-90’s-00’s, so the people in charge of the money either don’t know who they are or simply aren’t interested.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Here’s what’s really fcked...

All these concerns about his history with QB’s & very mediocre offense were raised before he was hired here, but mostly shooed off.

I remember how bad Oregon looked in 2021 against Utah, they got the absolute sh*t beat out of’em in both games & at the core of their issues was extremely bad subpar QB play, despite having a talented roster.

I don’t think that Mario believes that having a good QB actually makes a difference to winning or losing. I honestly believe that he thinks all the QB needs to do is hand the ball & the rest of the team will take care of the heavy lifting. It’s a core fundamental error in judgment IMO & will always be lingering around this program as a question to why we can’t get over the hump despite having relatively good recruiting classes on an annual basis.

2018 Miami, when Richt bet the house Rosier & it backfired on him horribly.
Idk he went to N'kosi during the FIU game. Started him against UNC and FSU. Kept him in even after he struggled early against FSU. The team came back and won with Perry. Then Perry was bad against UVA and got benched. The team was 5-1 going into UVA. Rosier got a couple of starts and then Perry closed out the season until the bowl game. Even Richt wasn't against changing guys. Well besides his kid and Thomas Brown. He was never benching Jon or Brown and bringing in someone else.

And of course Thomas Brown is now an NFL OC too. Called plays for the first time last week with the Panthers. Miami man

Even with TVD being *** for like the 4th week in a row, we were a 4th and 1 away from winning this game. We were a knee away from winning GTech. In the grand scheme of this rebuild, we could be a lot further along if we had even average QB play the last 4 weeks. But I see this result and to me If we get a good Qb in the portal, I think we'll be very good next season.

I agree TVD shouldn't take another snap here. 2 weeks ago I said he gives us the best shot to win against FSU, but he literally proceeded to have 2 of his worst games as a Hurricane back to back. You just can't turn the ball over 100 times and lose directly because of you and not get benched. IF you're just going to turn the ball over that much and be inept passing in general, what exactly do you provide over Emory OR Jacurri? I don't think Jacurri can complete more than 50% of his passes but at least he'd be able to run the ball, and that could help the pass game a bit.... Emory wasn't turning the ball over like crazy when he played.

Dawson better plan for FSU and put some faith into Emory and/or Jacurri, and not just try to run the offense the same as we have been running for the last 4 weeks. The infuriating thing is even today there were clearly plays that were working. Spread the ball out - 4 wide and run and throw screens. The RPOs worked like all but one time TVD had a mini-stroke and decided to hold onto the ball a full 3 seconds before pulling the trigger on the RPO that got batted down on 3rd down I believe... Dawson just refused to stick with it. And while yall wanna blame Mario, I just disagree - Dawson is calling the ******* plays. Think yall are really over committing to how involved Mario is in the every down play calling. And the lack of any urgency as an offense, to me is a Dawson issue as well. Dude takes a ******* century to get the play calls in...

The problem is stupid begat stupid.

The people in charge only make hires based on if you have some bizarre connection to Miami & the program in some roundabout reach back to nostalgia effort. They never take into account Football acumen & actually understanding what it takes to win on Saturdays in Sep-Nov/Dec.

You need smart Football savvy people who know what the fck they’re doing, not just imitations & Super salesmen.

There are Coaches who would be successful & win games here, there only problem is that they’re not from Miami or didn’t Coach or attend to the school back in the 80’s-90’s-00’s, so the people in charge of the money either don’t know who they are or simply aren’t interested.

But Lane will leave or **** co-eds…

Mario… please leave the locker you’re stuffed in and coach

Advertisement
Back