Post Game Recap: NC State

View as article
Advertisement
N. C. State is so bad offensively.

They scored 10 points and had 201 yards of offense vs. LVille.

They scored 17 points and had 201 yards of offense vs. Clemson.

They scored 3 points on Duke.

Miami's defense did what they were supposed to against that anemic offense, BUT with the game still 10-6, State was backed up on their own 3 yard line, they proceeded to stuff it down our defenses throat to the tune of a 97 yard 8 play drive to close out the game. That was a disappointing defensive drive to say the least.

Regardless unless Mario embraces explosive offensive football Miami will never do anything of note in this modern era of football.

You need to be good at QB, and have explosive weapons on the outside. Play with some tempo also.

You can't be Iowa in 2023.
James Williams decided to single handedly give them a TD

I agree with you about Emory. Even with the Clemson win, I’m not sold that he’s the answer right now against FSU.

With the identity they’ve wanted to establish with this team, although, some may not like it, Jacurri is your best option moving forward. It’s clear as day that Mario wants to be physical and run the ball behind this OLine which is pretty **** good. If that’s the case, Jacurri adds the running element where C2K (Cut-to-Keep) defenders cannot just crash down on the RB. If they did, he can pull the ball and gash them. If they respect the pull, that’s one less person the RB has to make miss or not get tackled by the shoe lace. With Jacurri you get to play 11-on-11.

In the passing game with him, you give him simple reads, same that Tyler has today but even simplify it more and tag RPOs to the game plan to make it very simplistic. His running threat alone will force teams to play man and give 1-v-1 match ups outside and at that point his inaccuracy wouldn’t be too different than Tyler throwing picks. So I rather have a chance to make a deep ball play or PI versus someone throwing INTs but cannot contribute worth a da*n to the run game.

Repping the heck out of simple looks and giving some bit of tempo will make it almost too easy with Jacurri. With tempo defenses either play their base stuff, or they send blitzes. You can rep that easily in practice with hot reads and steal this game. Jacurri also allows for much more creativity, if Mario will allow it.
Probably too late now lol, if u were gonna play jacurri u should have gotten him ready but it seems he’s just on scout team

James Williams decided to single handedly give them a TD
Shhh you know you can't criticize JW since he played a good game for most part. You can only blame Mario and TVD.

He went off rails on last drive cost us a 15 yard penalty then didn't wrap up gave up a TD to a team that can't move ball on ground much at all while the game wad still a 4 point game.

Advertisement
Probably too late now lol, if u were gonna play jacurri u should have gotten him ready but it seems he’s just on scout team
You’re right, they probably won’t do it. Bt this would be the most opportune time being that he would be able to play in the last 3 regular season games and bowl game while still maintaining his redshirt.

There’s a subtle plus to him being on the scout team throughout the year. He’s been going against one of the best defenses in the conference every week in practice. Albeit, it’s not when the lights are on, but if he could benefit from anything it would be going against Guidry’s multifaceted attack. I truly hope they’ve (more so Jacurri and QB analyst) been using that to his advantage to understand defenses a bit more, else it’s a waste of a shirt honestly. Even though scout team is meant to fail, one would hope his pure athletic ability has given the defense some type of issues.

U fellas reckon we iz regressin? I thawt Mario Crystalballs wuz sum kinda jeenus. It looked like a liberal tryin ta skrew a cactus out there Satday.

Tyler has made all of these throws dozens of times. He didn’t suddenly forget how to do it. It’s been made harder by the defense of opponents but still …. Something happened during the bye week. I dont believe for one second he’s 100%
Took a golf ball to the *******.

We can blame the season on the guy who didnt yell "fore"

Tyler has made all of these throws dozens of times. He didn’t suddenly forget how to do it. It’s been made harder by the defense of opponents but still …. Something happened during the bye week. I dont believe for one second he’s 100%
And TVD has thrown to the other team plenty when he’s been 100% healthy. I’m so confused as to why some of you act like this is all new to him

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back