Coaching Possibly an unpopular idea, but…

nystateofmind

C'est la vie
Banned
How would you guys feel about Joe Judge coming in as AHC/ST coordinator once he’s let go by the Giants?

Coached at Bama right before Mario got there so they’re probably familiar with each other. Flamed out as HC but was the best ST coach in the NFL for almost five years. And as previously mentioned, he has college coaching experience.

Last edited:
Advertisement
why would that be unpopular other than we might ending up naming 4 cats AHC?

if the guy is a firstrate ST coach then we should move heaven and earth to get him here.

How would you guys feel about Joe Judge coming in as AHC/ST coordinator once he’s let go by the Giants?

Coached at Bama right before Mario got there so I’m sure they’re familiar with each other. Flamed out as HC but was the best ST coach in the NFL for almost five years. And as previously mentioned, he has college coaching experience.

Not sure how people type sentences like this without thinking or editing, but it happens...

Still, appreciated how you shoehorned "flamed" and "out" into the analysis...

Coached at Bama right before Mario got there so I’m sure they’re familiar with each other. Flamed out as HC but was the best ST coach in the NFL for almost five years. And as previously mentioned, he has college coaching experience.

He's a special teams expert. Being a HC in the NFL is hard. If you're the worst one there you're still the 32nd best person in the world at your job in theory. People need to keep in mind just how well regarded you have to be just to get a shot. This would be a Saban move. I'd pick him up at the airport myself. Bring him to me.

Advertisement

He is going back to Saban or Belichick, so forget that.

Not sure how people type sentences like this without thinking or editing, but it happens...

Still, appreciated how you shoehorned "flamed" and "out" into the analysis...
I’m not sure what you mean, friend.

Cristobal got to Bama in 2013 and Judge left in 2012. Judge also accompanied Belichick various times to Bama pro days so I’m sure they’ve interacted.

Anyway, I hope you’re having a great day.

:)

Advertisement
I can't see how anyone would have a problem with this. Especially if we could time it so he's still here when Devin Hester's son comes along.

At what salary? I know Mario has a large budget for staff, but not bottomless. What would you have to pay a newly-fired NFL HC to coach a college program's special teams? Also, isn't ST coordinator often a position coaches 'other job'? What else is Judge's experience?

That said, I'd be all in for getting one of the best coaches in every spot...

Advertisement
At what salary? I know Mario has a large budget for staff, but not bottomless. What would you have to pay a newly-fired NFL HC to coach a college program's special teams. Also, isn't ST coordinator often a position coaches 'other job'? What else is Judge's experience?

That said, I'd be all in for getting one of the best coaches in every spot...
Judge coached WR with the Patriots for one year in 2018, but I think McClendon is getting that spot. Although I suppose you could stick Judge with TE if we don’t land Partridge or Brewster.

I’m not sure what you mean, friend.

Cristobal got to Bama in 2013 and Judge left in 2012. Judge also accompanied Belichick various times to Bama pro days so I’m sure they’ve interacted.

Anyway, I hope you’re having a great day.

So you started out claiming that you were SURE that Cristobal and Judge were familiar with each other due to non-overlapping tenures at a particular school, then you tried to rehab your BS by pivoting to "Judge probably interacted with Cristobal at Alabama Pro Days"?

Yeah, just drop the desperate nonsense. By your standards, Randy Shannon and Al Golden were butt buddies. Ridiculous.

Stick to afternoon BJs...

So you started out claiming that you were SURE that Cristobal and Judge were familiar with each other due to non-overlapping tenures at a particular school, then you tried to rehab your BS by pivoting to "Judge probably interacted with Cristobal at Alabama Pro Days"?

Yeah, just drop the desperate nonsense. By your standards, Randy Shannon and Al Golden were butt buddies. Ridiculous.

Stick to afternoon BJs...
Friend, it seems you have a lot of pent up anger. I hope this helps.

Advertisement
Judge coached WR with the Patriots for one year in 2018, but I think McClendon is getting that spot. Although I suppose you could stick Judge with TE if we don’t land Partridge or Brewster.
Fair enough. I think Field was still 'penciled' in as TE coach with his recruiting abilities and past association with Mario at Oregon.

Hey, not a bad call, if Judge wants to/can recruit...

My guess is he'll end up back with Belichick

Fair enough. I think Field was still 'penciled' in as TE coach with his recruiting abilities and past association with Mario at Oregon.

Hey, not a bad call, if Judge wants to/can recruit...
I like Field, but if Mario didn’t think highly enough of him to put him on staff as an assistant at Oregon, it’s fair to wonder if he’d do it here.

I could see him sliding back into the Director of Recruiting role while keeping the same salary he was pulling in as TE coach.

Coached at Bama right before Mario got there so they’re probably familiar with each other. Flamed out as HC but was the best ST coach in the NFL for almost five years. And as previously mentioned, he has college coaching experience.
He'll be back with the Pats, licking his wounds, as do do most former Belichick disciples when they realize they aren't Belichick.

Advertisement
Back