Possible X factor: Realus George

Advertisement
FB used to be a real weapon for us. Not sure if George is that guy but 1-2 passes a game to keep the LBers honest ain't gonna hurt.

Great idea. Let’s model our offense after a team in the middle of cornfields that can’t recruit skill like we can.

Now tell me how they beat us in a bowl game and that makes them the standard.
Why you always trying to dis' people with your 2 cents.? I describe one play for the FB and you want to take that shhiit to a whole other level about running their offense. Where you getting that BS from? It's got nothing to do with us losing to Wisconsin or running their offense. They have a bread-n-butter play for the FB that we can utilize. Every team steals some plays of their opponents. My school was doing that ish back in HS.

You becoming a bad as some of these knuckleheads on here. Give it a rest.

FB is an antiquated position. With the skill talent we have available and the badass TEs to waste too many offensive plays with a lumbering FB is buffoonery. Idiots who have insisted on using FBs too much and have crippled their offenses: Leslie Miles and Jim Hypebaugh.
Running those offenses without the option takes out a lot of the fullback's utility.

Advertisement
What? It's one f'ing play. NFL teams that still have a FB use it, so IDK what point you're trying to make?
I’m not sure why this is so hard for you to grasp. The OP created a thread on the premise that he hopes George is ‘the trick up the sleeve Enos and co. have for uf nobody sees coming.’ I responded I didn’t foresee that, and was more interested in seeing other aspects of Enos’s offense.

That is the exchange you jumped into. You responded that they ‘can’ do those things with a FB in the game, which was pointless because I never said they couldn’t. There are lots of things you ‘can’ do in a football game, but you only hve so many plays, some much time to teach, and the kids on your roster. Hence my response to you: we have better alternatives.

Now you’re apparently indignant that I didn’t bite on your Wisconsin example, so you respond with the bolded above. Also weird tbh. If you think FB utilization is what Enos should focus on, okay. I havent told you what to think. I didnt jump in to disagree with you.

My point is clear and obvious. I personally am more excited to see other aspects of Enos offense, and I think our TEs present bigger threats to opposing defenses than our utilizing Realus does. I would also note (since you seem fixated on your Wiscy reference) that Wisconsin generally has an OL conducive to a power running game (and less dynamic TEs / skill position players than we have). So it makes sense that they scheme with a FB while most Enos watchers are anticipating more use of 11 and 12 personnel formations at Miami.

I’m not sure why this is so hard for you to grasp. The OP created a thread on the premise that he hopes George is ‘the trick up the sleeve Enos and co. have for uf nobody sees coming.’ I responded I didn’t foresee that, and was more interested in seeing other aspects of Enos’s offense.

That is the exchange you jumped into. You responded that they ‘can’ do those things with a FB in the game, which was pointless because I never said they couldn’t. There are lots of things you ‘can’ do in a football game, but you only hve so many plays, some much time to teach, and the kids on your roster. Hence my response to you: we have better alternatives.

Now you’re apparently indignant that I didn’t bite on your Wisconsin example, so you respond with the bolded above. Also weird tbh. If you think FB utilization is what Enos should focus on, okay. I havent told you what to think. I didnt jump in to disagree with you.

My point is clear and obvious. I personally am more excited to see other aspects of Enos offense, and I think our TEs present bigger threats to opposing defenses than our utilizing Realus does. I would also note (since you seem fixated on your Wiscy reference) that Wisconsin generally has an OL conducive to a power running game (and less dynamic TEs / skill position players than we have). So it makes sense that they scheme with a FB while most Enos watchers are anticipating more use of 11 and 12 personnel formations at Miami.
What are you stuck on stupid?? I didn't reference the Wisconsin power running game nor their O-Line. I referenced one play for the FB that they and other college and NFL teams run successfully. Somehow the ghost of Wisconsin has affected your brain with bad memories that you want nothing to do with saying I'm fixated on Wisconsin because I reference a play they run successfully and have done so against us. I could have referenced another team if that makes you're weak mind feel better saying "We can't run a play that Wisconsin runs because we don't have a power running game." If you know football, what does that have to do with a FB wheel route? Absolutely nothing.

Secondly, a thread about George. I reference a play for George. No, not related is it?

Lastly, you said you didn't forsee any "trick" plays for George. I responded with a play Enos could run for George. Unrelated?

My original response was not intended as a rebuttal. I was simply pointing out a play for George which would be unexpected given all the other dynamic play-makers in the Enos offense. Do you forsee it now?

You need to take your soft *** elsewhere getting all worked up over a simple post as though it was attacking and insulting as I'm doing now with this one.

Last edited:
What are you stuck on stupid?? I didn't reference the Wisconsin power running game nor their O-Line. I referenced one play for the FB that they and other college and NFL teams run successfully. Somehow the ghost of Wisconsin has affected your brain with bad memories that you want nothing to do with saying I'm fixated on Wisconsin because I reference a play they run successfully and have done so against us. I could have referenced another team if that makes you're weak mind feel better saying "We can't run a play that Wisconsin runs because we don't have a power running game." If you know football, what does that have to do with a FB wheel route? Absolutely nothing.

Secondly, a thread about George. I reference a play for George. No, not related is it?

Lastly, you said you didn't forsee any "trick" plays for George. I responded with a play Enos could run for George. Unrelated?

My original response was not intended as a rebuttal. I was simply pointing out a play for George which would be unexpected given all the other dynamic play-makers in the Enos offense. Do you forsee it now?

You need to take your soft *** elsewhere getting all worked up over a simple post as though it was attacking and insulting as I'm doing now with this one.
My friend, you are the one in this exchange who sounds clearly triggered.

Think what you want.

Advertisement
I expect at least one big play with him wide open. Possibly on a bootleg play- action.
I also hope and expect some quick dives up the middle on short yardage.
I expect some quick passes after fake FB dives on short yardage situations.

Things we should have done last season.
Like against Virginia when they expected a FB dive on 4th and one and stopped Choc.
If we had a QB that could hit the broad side of a barn from 10 yards away we might have seen it. It was very, very frustrating seeing the captain obvious plays over and over and over.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back