Possible Rule Chnages

Advertisement
The overtime thing is a joke. When does the potato sack race happen? After the 6th OT?

How about they look at Targeting and a tiered system for that kind of like the NBA? I hate that rule to begin with but the rule has had unintended consequences that only have really effected the defensive side of the ball. I don't recall an NCAA offensive player being called for targeting and ejected.

The overtime thing is a joke. When does the potato sack race happen? After the 6th OT?

How about they look at Targeting and a tiered system for that kind of like the NBA? I hate that rule to begin with but the rule has had unintended consequences that only have really effected the defensive side of the ball. I don't recall an NCAA offensive player being called for targeting and ejected.

And yet they say every year they're going to enforce it on the offensive players, and never do.

The last thing in the world I want to do is turn football into soccer, but I've been screaming for years for a "red card/yellow card" type of thing for targeting calls. Some targeting calls are incredibly blatant. If you want to make the game safer, you have to eliminate them, and as much as I hate ejecting a kid, some are warranted. But IMO the majority are not. If there's ANY doubt, give the kid a 15 yard penalty and let him stay in the game. If he gets another in the same game, he's gone. But I am so tired of seeing kids get kicked out of games and their teams penalized both by yardage and the loss of a starter because a kid makes a football play at full speed. There is gray area here, as there is in just about all aspects of life. Implement some in the rule. The way it currently stands is comically ridiculous and literally every single person agrees. There's not a human on earth who would tell you, "Ya know what? I really love the way that targeting rule is defined and upheld in college football. They really did a great job with that one". Absolutely NOBODY.

Advertisement
Can't say I disagree with any of those really especially the faking of injuries, it's hilarious to see guys drop like they just got hit with sniper fire.
The targeting rule is a mess when you never see any consideration give to the offensive player lowering his head causing the contact.

And yet they say every year they're going to enforce it on the offensive players, and never do.

The last thing in the world I want to do is turn football into soccer, but I've been screaming for years for a "red card/yellow card" type of thing for targeting calls. Some targeting calls are incredibly blatant. If you want to make the game safer, you have to eliminate them, and as much as I hate ejecting a kid, some are warranted. But IMO the majority are not. If there's ANY doubt, give the kid a 15 yard penalty and let him stay in the game. If he gets another in the same game, he's gone. But I am so tired of seeing kids get kicked out of games and their teams penalized both by yardage and the loss of a starter because a kid makes a football play at full speed. There is gray area here, as there is in just about all aspects of life. Implement some in the rule. The way it currently stands is comically ridiculous and literally every single person agrees. There's not a human on earth who would tell you, "Ya know what? I really love the way that targeting rule is defined and upheld in college football. They really did a great job with that one". Absolutely NOBODY.
All of this and don't forget having to sit out a half of the next game.

Advertisement

This is the only time I have seen it called and its about as bad as it could get being a late hit, out of bounds, helmet to helmet, and it didnt even get turned in to a targeting until after review. If a defensive player did this they might as well just walk on off to the lockeroom because they are done.

I would simply add, in the spirit of yellow-card/red-card...

"Yellow card accumulation" earns a 1-game ban. So, 3 targeting calls in, say, 5 games, gets a kid a 1-game suspension. You'd have to have three SEPARATE teams of officials seeing a pattern for this to happen.

"Red card" earns a 1-game ban, so the player misses the balance of the red card game PLUS one more game.

Might as well just go back to Ties like the good ole days if they are really worried about safety and games going long..

Maybe OT only applied in Bowl Games. like when it was first instituted

Advertisement
I would simply add, in the spirit of yellow-card/red-card...

"Yellow card accumulation" earns a 1-game ban. So, 3 targeting calls in, say, 5 games, gets a kid a 1-game suspension. You'd have to have three SEPARATE teams of officials seeing a pattern for this to happen.

"Red card" earns a 1-game ban, so the player misses the balance of the red card game PLUS one more game.
Dumb

My issue with the faking injuries rule is that it does nothing during the game. If the team faking injuries ends up winning the game because they slowed it down, then it gets reviewed, what is the penalty? You gonna have them forfeit the game??

Advertisement
You are. We know it.

Are you going to share more of your ignorance about the word "table"?

Red cards and yellow cards? That's some laughably stupid ****.

Not only are you trying to copy a dumb sport, you're trying to copy the dumbest part of a dumb sport. Soccer is probably the most poorly officiated sport on the planet. The referees alone make it unwatchable. And THAT'S the part you want to copy.

Red cards and yellow cards? That's some laughably stupid ****.

Not only are you trying to copy a dumb sport, you're trying to copy the dumbest part of a dumb sport. Soccer is probably the most poorly officiated sport on the planet. The referees alone make it unwatchable. And THAT'S the part you want to copy.

Hey, c0cksucker, someone else brought up the issue, not me. I simply added the suspension comparatives.

Get your nose out of my a$$ and stop trying to make up for your moronic posts on other threads by attacking me for commenting on someone else's ideas.

Hey, c0cksucker, someone else brought up the issue, not me. I simply added the suspension comparatives.

Get your nose out of my a$$ and stop trying to make up for your moronic posts on other threads by attacking me for commenting on someone else's ideas.

I'm sure I have no clue what you're talking about... "other threads".... but ok whatever. Buddy, you have 12,000 posts on this forum and half of them are ripping other people. You had a stupid idea. Instead of whining about it like a **** hypocrite, just take what you dish out and STFU.

My issue with the faking injuries rule is that it does nothing during the game. If the team faking injuries ends up winning the game because they slowed it down, then it gets reviewed, what is the penalty? You gonna have them forfeit the game??

They need to start using the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for that.

Advertisement
Back