Possible repercussions of fsu being left out?

Advertisement
Once teams have "clinched" a spot in the 12-team bracket, coaches will shut down key players rather than risked being dinged by the selection committee for an injury.
Seeding will still matter. I'm sure most teams are going to want to get the best they can, so that first game isn't a dogfight. I understand your point though.

Advertisement
Once teams have "clinched" a spot in the 12-team bracket, coaches will shut down key players rather than risked being dinged by the selection committee for an injury.
Clinching a spot in many cases would require teams to play in and win the conference championship game.

Not a single spot was "clinched" until the games were played this weekend.

Or, am I missing something here?

Great..

Another FSU post

Maybe it comes out that way, but the point I was trying to raise is that might coaches decide to sit a key player out in a Week 12 game in order not to risk jeopardizing a CFP spot due to injury

I don't know ... just asking.

Advertisement
Clinching a spot in many cases would require teams to play in and win the conference championship game.

Not a single spot was "clinched" until the games were played this weekend.

Or, am I missing something here?

CFP expanded to 12 teams next season.

Very well could be even larger starting in 2026 with the new TV deal.

No repercussions due to FSU, this is the repercussion for the 12 team playoffs. FSU dropped down 1 spot not all the way down to 13.

Teams already rest players during their gimme games. Travis was playing because they were down 14-0 to an FCS school.

CFP expanded to 12 teams next season.

Very well could be even larger starting in 2026 with the new TV deal.
I know 12 teams next year make it, but how would a team especially several teams be able to clinch a spot and then sit players at season's end like week 18 in the NFL?

We will see NFL like player management. Oh, and since this happened to a Florida state school, Congress will investigate the NCAA and ESPN.

Advertisement
The top 4 teams will get a bye so the injury issue will be on the other teams who must play more games. In a 12 team playoff won’t the lower seeded teams have to play a 16 game season? Ugh.

Advertisement
The top 4 teams will get a bye so the injury issue will be on the other teams who must play more games. In a 12 team playoff won’t the lower seeded teams have to play a 16 game season? Ugh.

Not a problem if we keep going 7-5

OP's post is spot-on.

Coaches nationwide will remember that it was Norvell who screwed the pooch by playing Travis against a nunnery when Rodemaker should have started against Northern Alabama.

The present fiasco is all on Norvell and his staff.

OP's post is spot-on.

Coaches nationwide will remember that it was Norvell who screwed the pooch by playing Travis against a nunnery when Rodemaker should have started against Northern Alabama.

The present fiasco is all on Norvell and his staff.

No, he's not spot on. No one can clinch a spot in the playoffs until championship weekend.

And yes, hindsight is gloriously correct after the fact. No one questioned starting Ken Dorsey against Troy and Temple.

Advertisement
Back