Possible reasons why Manny made these moves

Midlo Cane Fan

No more Midlo
Calling plays himself: I saw an article that said Baker changed some of Manny's X's & O's, and he wants to move things back to "his way". Also more comfortable with Lashlee with the O now.

Baker: Yeah, one of his boys, but saw what was happening & wants to work more closely with him.

Patke: Well, his punter & kicker were AA's. Not much else to say.

Simpson: Proven commodity that did well here, knows X's & O's. Pro experience. Made assistant head coach.

T-Rob: Nothing needs to be said.

DVD: Wants him to learn from T-Rob & get on the road recruiting.

Rumph: Had to put who was left in DVD's place. Vaughn can keep his eye on him.

Alright, bring on the haters & mopes.

Advertisement
I don't care whether CMD is CEO or not, if he announced it then it means he's holding himself personally accountable for the DEF going forward. Same way if OU scored 10pts no one is looking for the OC even though someone has that title, we all look at Riley because he's the HC/OC. Simpson will be good for us because it's really simple, if you can't 1) maintain gap integrity, and 2) contain the Edge as DEs, he's not going to play you, so I think that message is heard loud and clear and DL is much improved.....TRob will be Secondary coach and DVD is his assistant who now based on his title/role he can go on the recruiting road and EVERYONE knows that they'll be recruited to join TRob's secondary room with DVD being his "right hand man"....works for me, smart move by CMD.

We didn't get the home run experienced DC we all wanted, but look at this way, if Manny hired himself as DC would we have been satisfied, I think we would've considered it an upgrade. So let's see how it plays out because CMD has 1 year or his seat is beyond hot....Go Canes

Calling plays himself: I saw an article that said Baker changed some of Manny's X's & O's, and he wants to move things back to "his way". Also more comfortable with Lashlee with the O now.

Baker: Yeah, one of his boys, but saw what was happening & wants to work more closely with him.

Simpson: Proven commodity that did well here, knows X's & O's. Pro experience. Made assistant head coach.

Patke ******* sucks. He lucked into Hedley and Jose. Returns were a disaster, kick coverage allowed a td and he can't recruit.

Betting on himself. It's ballsy. I'm not convinced it'll work.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

If I had to guess this move just gives Rumph time to stay employed while he looks for another job. No way in **** he should be near our recruiting department.

Advertisement
Real reason(what I tell myself to sleep better at night at least): There were no DC's available that were willing to come for the small salary UM is paying and also not get to choose their own position coaching staff.

No disrespect to you personally.

Don't care, don't care, don't care.

HALF MEASURES.

It's definitely not as bad as ppl are saying. We actually got better.... It's just not the fireworks ppl wanted.
I respectfully disagree. We got better obviously with T Rob and getting Jess back who's d line was extremely good in 2018. But problems like Baker and Patke are still on staff and Rumph is recruiting? That baffles me. I'm ok with DVD.

6BA0FC90-FAAF-4EC3-8CDB-6DEDB3A910D8.jpeg

Semper Canes!!!

Advertisement
Back