Possible QB in the portal?

Why would he come here and kill his career when you could go to Oklahoma and complete for a heisman trophy? The only this he would compete for here is the stanky leg competition at practice in the new indoor. #TNM 💩!!!!!

Advertisement
USU season ticket holder here (went there undergrad and live in SLC).

He is probably somewhere between 2018 and 2019. Their 2018 team was pretty talented for a G5. Love and their LT were the only two returning starters on their offense and they had 2 OL go down with season ending injuries so they were breaking in new guys all over as well as replacing coaches this year. I think he is extremely talented. A bunch of his picks were him trying to do too much and a bunch were terrible situational calls from their OC. He fell in love with out routes to the field against zone coverages for some reason that were just asking to be picked.

Would be our most talented QB in a long long time.

If he goes to Tech it is because of Yost. He did not like Matt Wells.

Off topic, but are you the dude that has that huge U decal on their truck? I always see it around SLC.

Last year we were capable of landing big time players in the transfer portal because of the unknown quantity we had with a new staff, now that the staff is known to be a pile of ****, do not expect major windfall in the transfer portal again. We'll be begging 2* transfers from FAMU to come here and save us from our OL and QB situation.

Last year we were capable of landing big time players in the transfer portal because of the unknown quantity we had with a new staff, now that the staff is known to be a pile of ****, do not expect major windfall in the transfer portal again. We'll be begging 2* transfers from FAMU to come here and save us from our OL and QB situation.
Not only that, but why would any highly rated QB transfer here, when we all know what happened with the last one.....*cough* Martell *cough*

Advertisement
Not only that, but why would any highly rated QB transfer here, when we all know what happened with the last one.....*cough* Martell *cough*
Martell sucks though. Just because you were highly rated doesn't mean you're good enough for the job. Our offense sucking a fat one and looking completely incompetent is what's going to stop highly rated QBs from coming here, not a 4* 5'7 QB who struggles against a gust of wind who couldn't nab the starting spot.

Advertisement
Martell sucks though. Just because you were highly rated doesn't mean you're good enough for the job. Our offense sucking a fat one and looking completely incompetent is what's going to stop highly rated QBs from coming here, not a 4* 5'7 QB who struggles against a gust of wind who couldn't nab the starting spot.
Haha, we're all frustrated with the season, but this is just next level. You know that isn't true. I thought the same thing early in the season about why GR wasn't playing as much, and it just shows the staff may really be incompetent. Martell is a crazy decorated QB, is not 5'7" and even if he was Kyler Murray is literally an NFL qb at that height, and always had those intangibles about him. He's like a Johnny Manziel tbh.

What's crazy is how well the highly profiled QB tranfers have played minus Tate of course. Fields, Burrow, and Hurts are all heisman finalist and now in the CFP man smh. I really think Hurts would have turned our program around with some much needed leadership instead we got a frat boy whose being played by an instagram model.
Hurts wouldn't have done anything, same as Tate because...pro style, bro.

Moot point because as expected, Love just declared for the draft.

I'm a Colts fan and the Colts GM Chris Ballard has been high on Jordan Love since last year. I have made point to watch several Utah St games the last 2 years.

He had phenomenal stats his junior year but the coaching staff including the OC left as well as their best skill position players like Darwin Thompson and Dax Raymond.

He might have the best physical tools of any QB in the draft, but probably needs to sit a year before being ready to take over any NFL starting job. He will follow up an incredible froze rope throw to the far hash with a dumb interception. Once he works out for NFL teams, I think he will go in the 1st round.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back