Possible QB in the portal?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Would love to have him but if he doesn’t go to OU he’s going to reunite with his coach at Texas Tech.

He had a 17 td 16 int stat line in 2019 so I dont know what to think but was good in 2018. Seems inconsistent at best

USU season ticket holder here (went there undergrad and live in SLC).

He is probably somewhere between 2018 and 2019. Their 2018 team was pretty talented for a G5. Love and their LT were the only two returning starters on their offense and they had 2 OL go down with season ending injuries so they were breaking in new guys all over as well as replacing coaches this year. I think he is extremely talented. A bunch of his picks were him trying to do too much and a bunch were terrible situational calls from their OC. He fell in love with out routes to the field against zone coverages for some reason that were just asking to be picked.

Would be our most talented QB in a long long time.

If he goes to Tech it is because of Yost. He did not like Matt Wells.

He comes from the Yost system at Utah St, he would never come here to play for Enox.

I think he goes to TTech to link back up with Matt Wells & David Yost.

Or goes to Oklahoma to become the next Heisman finalist in Lincoln Riley's system.

Not sure Oklahoma is in the Grad Transfer QB Market. That Spencer Rattler kid at Oklahoma was suppose to be special. I doubt he’ll wait around another year before getting the keys.

Not sure Oklahoma is in the Grad Transfer QB Market. That Spencer Rattler kid at Oklahoma was suppose to be special. I doubt he’ll wait around another year before getting the keys.

It would be interesting to see what Rattler did if they recruited Love.

That said, he would kill it in the OU system. Love has incredible arm talent. The knock on him is he's usually a 1 read QB. In OU's system, that read is open a lot so he could flourish.

Advertisement
You can only be so "raw" before you'll just never make it in the NFL. Teams don't spend a lot of time on developing project QBs; they have games to prepare for. This kid has physical gifts, but he's better off staying in school and in a program that maximizes those and minimizes his weaknesses. Otherwise he'll probably end up like Tyree Jackson from Buffalo. Remember him?

Exactly.

What's crazy is how well the highly profiled QB tranfers have played minus Tate of course. Fields, Burrow, and Hurts are all heisman finalist and now in the CFP man smh. I really think Hurts would have turned our program around with some much needed leadership instead we got a frat boy whose being played by an instagram model.

He comes from the Yost system at Utah St, he would never come here to play for Enox.

Or goes to Oklahoma to become the next Heisman finalist in Lincoln Riley's system.
That's Exactly what I'm thinking....Very close to Yost....

Advertisement

My only problem with this is what happens with the Rattler kid if this happens. He was promised the keys to the frannchise if he waited this year with Hurts.

I think TTech or Oregon would be good matches.

My only problem with this is what happens with the Rattler kid if this happens. He was promised the keys to the frannchise if he waited this year with Hurts.

I think TTech or Oregon would be good matches.
What happens to Spencer? He can transfer too lol.

Lincoln Riley has produced 3 straight Heisman finalist with 2 of them winning it, whatever the **** he says goes as far as QB selections go. If he believed that kid was good enough to take him back to the playoffs he wouldn't be hitting the transfer market every year.

Tough luck for the kid, but Lincoln Riley & Ryan Day are two coaches that you simply don't question their decisions on who they want at QB.

Advertisement
What happens to Spencer? He can transfer too lol.

Lincoln Riley has produced 3 straight Heisman finalist with 2 of them winning it, whatever the **** he says goes as far as QB selections go. If he believed that kid was good enough to take him back to the playoffs he wouldn't be hitting the transfer market every year.

Tough luck for the kid, but Lincoln Riley & Ryan Day are two coaches that you simply don't question their decisions on who they want at QB.
Nah I know he will transfer if that happens.

I am just personally very high on him think he is an incredible talent. Would only hope we take a look if that is the scenario.

I’ve seen him in some mocks in the 2nd round. I’d be surprised if he went anywhere other than NFL, lol at Lincoln Riley telling spencer rattler he wasn’t taking any transfer QBs
I just read a mock that has him going 17th overall, I'd be surprised if he didnt declare too

I’ve seen him in some mocks in the 2nd round. I’d be surprised if he went anywhere other than NFL, lol at Lincoln Riley telling spencer rattler he wasn’t taking any transfer QBs
If Rattler was ready to lead that team, he would have been the starter...dude was too busy boning his girl on campus at his HS and getting suspended then focusing on being a Day 1 starter

Advertisement
Back