Possible Gator game date change

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fly southwest all the time. You can change dates and times up to 24 hours before your flight

True, I just said they aren't refundable. Meaning you cant get your money back. And for the wanna get away fares if you change dates/times, you still have to pay the difference in fares. But thats enough flight discussion from me.

Advertisement
I already rebooked my hotel. This off-season has not been a good look for the ticket office.
I just booked for the 24th too, just in case. Thankfully, my Airbnb host was understanding. Also completely agree, I'm very disappointed the shenanigans they pulled knowing this was a high probability over a month ago!

Y’all aren’t gonna wait for this to be official? Or is there already a statement out somewhere?

Advertisement
If anyone needs to sell their ticket(s) (up to 2), I'd be happy to buy them at face value, as long is it isn't one of the cheap seats. They will not go to waste, I assure you.

PM me if interested.

Someone mentioned this already, and hindsight is 20/20, and I’m certainly not being critical of the people that already bought their airline tickets.

But if you fly enough, you know that buying air tickets six months ahead of time offers you zero price advantage to buying it a month or two ahead of time.

I know that is no consolation for people that already bought their airline tickets and are going to have to get raped for additional change fees, but it’s something to keep in mind for future games.

I’m going out of the country for a couple of weeks sometime late summer early fall, and I’m nowhere near buying tickets yet. I do look at the prices from time to time and they really don’t change.

Actually for people that are veterans of squeezing every last penny out of it, there’s supposed to be a prime time for buying tickets, I believe it’s somewhere around 6 to 8 weeks before the actual flight. But that can change.

Some mentioned on here there are apps that help you identify the precise best time for buying a ticket.
You sound like a veteran frequent flyer like me. I approve of this message lol

Advertisement
If anyone needs to sell seats as a result let me know. I will buy them from you for what you paid through the ticket office. Need a few more because I stuck to my 4 seat limit and wasn't aware until after the fact you could exceed it.

I just booked for the 24th too, just in case. Thankfully, my Airbnb host was understanding. Also completely agree, I'm very disappointed the shenanigans they pulled knowing this was a high probability over a month ago!

You know, aside from our ticket dept fūckups, this is not a bad thing if we just leave that aspect out.

Think about it:

1. This is celebrating a huge milestone in CFB.

2. The eyes of ALL of CFB will be exclusively on us. No one else.

3. It should create an even greater urgency for the coaches and the players to be ready week one.

4. It gets our name and our program out there in front of recruits way better than any other thing that could’ve been done. It’s a tremendous amount of EXCLUSIVE free advertising for our program.

5. We get 2 weeks to prepare and nurse injuries for MD’s first conference game...which is an away game.

6. More time to fine tune the new offense after seeing what it can do in a real game.

7. Weeks and weeks of hype and our name out there prior to the game.

Here’s a gentle caveat:

Manny, you better be fūcking ready and have those young men and that new coaching staff ready to shake and bake!

I can't imagine moving the game up a week actually REALLY negatively affects too many people. You should be able to move the flight and hotel up a week without much of a problem or extra cost. The biggest hurdle is probably if your work wont let you take the week before off or something, but even then its 6 months in advance and Its not like its Christmas or something, so it should be no problem.

So with the exception of maybe a couple hundred fans max, this is an overall very positive change....as long as we win.

Advertisement
Any attorneys on the board know if there would be a cause of action against UM for selling tickets to fans while not disclosing they were in ongoing negotiations to change weekends?
I am not an attorney but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night and the answer to your question is NO...unfortunately.

Even with their recent statement that they knew about this since December and filed an appeal in January, you don’t think that creates a duty to disclose? I know the tickets have a waiver on them (subject to change in date and time etc) and caveat empor and all that ****. But couldn’t the seller (UM) reasonably assume that this is a material fact the buyer would rely on before purchase?

It’s certainly reasonable for Miami fans to buy airfare, accommodations, etc that are non refundable based on having a ticket to this game that they would not otherwise purchase.

Not trying to be a wise guy here, would love to know your reasoning though.
In Florida, they do not have a legal/contractual duty to disclose. However, should they have disclosed it to their fanbase from a business or ethical point of view. Absolutely. Perhaps there was something else preventing them from doing so. Regardless, i would take it up with Blake James immediately. Call his office and complain. I say this sincerely.

Advertisement
Hate to be that guy but I would rather us get another marquee prime-time setup than be concerned about the pittance that some of you are missing out on. Go Canes!

You know, aside from our ticket dept fūckups, this is not a bad thing if we just leave that aspect out.

Think about it:

1. This is celebrating a huge milestone in CFB.

2. The eyes of ALL of CFB will be exclusively on us. No one else.

3. It should create an even greater urgency for the coaches and the players to be ready week one.

4. It gets our name and our program out there in front of recruits way better than any other thing that could’ve been done. It’s a tremendous amount of EXCLUSIVE free advertising for our program.

5. We get 2 weeks to prepare and nurse injuries for MD’s first conference game...which is an away game.

6. More time to fine tune the new offense after seeing what it can do in a real game.

7. Weeks and weeks of hype and our name out there prior to the game.

Here’s a gentle caveat:

Manny, you better be fūcking ready and have those young men and that new coaching staff ready to shake and bake!
Add to that, flights, hotels and probably everything else will be cheaper being on a weekend other than Labor Day weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back