Possible Gator game date change

Status
Not open for further replies.
I contacted someone in the know today when this was mentioned and he had no information about this and said fans/season ticket holders would be immediately informed if this was the case. Maybe he was kept out of the loop or couldn't answer but he is in charge of the top donors/season ticket holders. Not sure if this has legs but as I told him, I've already booked a place and my vacation is in the process of being approved. This would be some real BS!

Ticket office employees may not know, but this has been in discussion for over a month.

I e-mailed a couple of the mods nearly 2 weeks ago, because I thought it would be easy for them to confirm the story "officially".

Two weeks later, and this still hasn't circulated very far. I guess that Manny has plugged all the leaks.

Advertisement
Ticket office employees may not know, but this has been in discussion for over a month.

I e-mailed a couple of the mods nearly 2 weeks ago, because I thought it would be easy for them to confirm the story "officially".

Two weeks later, and this still hasn't circulated very far. I guess that Manny has plugged all the leaks.
It's still BS, lower rates aside but those will rise with sudden demand. Also with people booking non refundable flights and hotels. Especially if they knew 2 weeks ago, right around the time we purchased tickets.

I am not in Orlando Labor Day wekend, however...this could be very good news for me.

Advertisement
It's still BS, lower rates aside but those will rise with sudden demand. Also with people booking non refundable flights and hotels. Especially if they knew 2 weeks ago, right around the time we purchased tickets.

this is the most ridiculous part. keeping it silent while continuing to sell tickets esp given their ticket issues to begin with.

Advertisement
This wasn’t a ticket thing

This was a TV thing

This was a thing months ago...I wish they would’ve announce

Advertisement
Hurricane Andrew anniversary, that would be interesting promo material.

I plan my home time 5-7 weeks in advance. All it means for me is to come home a week earlier than expected.

If I somehow got tickets, I'd just drive to our lot in Lakeland and sleep in the truck.

Advertisement
would've been smart and simple lol
This wasn’t a ticket thing

This was a TV thing

This was a thing months ago...I wish they would’ve announced it

Still not final.

NCAA decision expected soon. Both schools petitioned over a month ago.

It's not solely a TV thing. Very few Labor Day games, we would get great ratings no matter what.

It's more of an exposure thing. UM, UF, and Florida Citrus Sports all wanted this, no "competition" for eyeballs over Labor Day weekend, and GameDay is just icing on the cake.

I plan my home time 5-7 weeks in advance. All it means for me is to come home a week earlier than expected.

If I somehow got tickets, I'd just drive to our lot in Lakeland and sleep in the truck.

I’m not a driver, but just curious what kind of a sleeping setup you have. I’ve heard some of them get really elaborate with all kinds of bells and whistles.

Still not final.

NCAA decision expected soon. Both schools petitioned over a month ago.

It's not solely a TV thing. Very few Labor Day games, we would get great ratings no matter what.

It's more of an exposure thing. UM, UF, and Florida Citrus Sports all wanted this, no "competition" for eyeballs over Labor Day weekend, and GameDay is just icing on the cake.

yeah that makes sense. i just think it would've been smarter to hold off on sales if they knew they had petitioned for this or were planning to. again, this doesnt affect me as my hotel is refundable, but for others that have to fly or have nonrefundable fares get ****ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back