Possible Additions

Would love to get Helton, he's supposed to be a special athlete at his size

Advertisement
He’s talking Marcus , the portal cb who’s likely. Wease is in play too, if he doesn’t stay at Ou.

1639681516689.png

Technically a transfer but Seantrell was 5*

Seantrel was NOT a transfer. He did not sign his LOI with Southern Cal until March 22nd and he was released from his LOI on July 6th. He never enrolled at USC, he first enrolled in college at UM. NOT a transfer.

EDIT: Sorry @DTP , just saw your post...

Advertisement
Recruiting rankings definitely have a place in this....Mario's ESD press conference is a clear indicator in that.

Is it an exact science, no, but does it hit more times than not, I'd have to say it does. And this is proven by teams with the most blue chip players annually winning at that 10 game per season on average clip.

With that being said, I'm not sure about Conerly 5*, Moss 4* and Florence 4*...honestly I would lean on being doubtful with those 3.

Stewart 5* and Coleman 4* though....if I were a betting man, my $$$ would be on those two signing with our Canes.

*Disclaimer* I'm sauce-less btw, strictly my opinion.

Guess Mario should stop worrying about rankings as well, he only mentioned it how many times in his press conference?
Yes, because they 2022 recruiting cycle is over. Good lord, some of our porsters are the panicky type. Let the man do his work.

Advertisement
Yes, because they 2022 recruiting cycle is over. Good lord, some of our porsters are the panicky type. Let the man do his work.
Who's panicky??? I was simply pointing out that if we close with the prospects I listed we would have the #10 class as things stand now. Will other teams add players which could push this down? Yes. Get off your high horse! Oh yeah, the 2022 recruiting cycle is NOT over as we still have NSD in February and the transfer portal which are both part of the recruiting cycle. And you call me a porster, lol

Who's panicky??? I was simply pointing out that if we close with the prospects I listed we would have the #10 class as things stand now. Will other teams add players which could push this down? Yes. Get off your high horse! Oh yeah, the 2022 recruiting cycle is NOT over as we still have NSD in February and the transfer portal which are both part of the recruiting cycle. And you call me a porster, lol
Sensitive are we? I agreed with your previous statement about the recruiting cycle. My statement was in general which is let the guy do his work and some folks are panicking. Yes, it is a conversation board, but still. Where we are now and where we land in February is irrelevant in today's world, because you still are recruiting through the first day of class in August. As it is some kids never show and bounce to jucos, etc. Right now, it is about quality and addressing our immediate gaps and needs. We have 7 kids that are going to help immediately on special teams and a couple who are going to work their way into the 2-deep.

1. Early Signing Day - check
2. Post 12/15/2021 Portal-pocalypse
3. Regular Old Boring Signing Day
4. Post Spring Practice Portal-mania

I would quote 2Live for the proposition that "this is the second half and not the second quarter", but it is actually the second quarter...

Advertisement

In fairness, your total number of posts is what Brock used to do in an hour...

Bottom line is that for THIS YEAR, I don't really care to project "if this kid or that kid". Mario is triaging a sucking chest wound. I could honestly see 10-12 Portal takes this year.

Advertisement
1. Early Signing Day - check
2. Post 12/15/2021 Portal-pocalypse
3. Regular Old Boring Signing Day
4. Post Spring Practice Portal-mania

I would quote 2Live for the proposition that "this is the second half and not the second quarter", but it is actually the second quarter...
I would say first quarter. Early signing period not over yet

Advertisement
Back