Positive weekend

Advertisement
mccray rivals breakdown
-"He just has a knack for the ball," Hafley said. "He finds where the ball is and just makes the play. He'll give some teams in the ACC fits because his speed for his size is unheard of - he's a consistent 4.6 and he's 6-3, 220. You can't ask for anything more that."
-McCray has 14 scholarship offers, and he finished last season with 85 tackles, 19 for losses, and 13 sacks.
-"We use him as a rush end, a blitzer," Hafley said. "He'll be a linebacker/defensive end at Miami - they'll use him at linebacker on first and second down, and in the nickel, dime he can line up at end."
-"We've talked to coach D over there and picking UM's brain about 3-4 schemes and trying to implement that at Blanche Ely," Hafley said. "We're using the same terminology as the colleges."
-Hafley thinks McCray won't have a big learning curve at the next level.
-"He's a hard worker in the weight room, on the field, but more importantly he's a student of the game," Hafley said. "He comes in, watches film, prepares himself for every game."
-"Since then he built a relationship with the coaches - Miami was always the school of choice for him," Hafley said. "It was a matter of just making sure. Once it came down to it he just said at the end of the day he felt more comfortable with Miami than any other place. It's a hard commitment to Miami - he really fell in love with it."
-Hafley calls McCray "a silent assassin" and explains that "He lets his play speak for itself. And that's what coach (Al) Golden is putting forth - it's not what you do in the paper, it's what you do on the field. Miami does UTough, and Terry's tough so he'll fit right in.
-Hafley says while McCray currently plans to graduate in June that there's an outside chance he'll be able to arrive in January.

http://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1528028

Advertisement

-"The visit went great, man," said Young, who was hosted by Raphael Kirby. "I met more of the coaches, met more of the players. I just loved the experience, loved it."
-He says he spent a lot of time working to sway J.C. Jackson from his Florida commitment
-"I was like `This is what you going to be around,' showing him how players get along. I said `We have the No. 3 recruiting class in the nation,' was telling him `This is the place to be.'
-"He told me he committed to Florida but was thinking about leaving. I said `This is the team you need to be on.'"
-he most memorable moment for Young on the visit? -"I met with the president of the school (Donna Shalala)," Young said. "We didn't really have a long conversation. She introduced herself to me, asked what I wanted to major in - she's an impressive person."
-He also was impressed by coach Al Golden.
-"He was asking if I'm happy, did I like the campus and the school," Young said. "He was making sure I was in a place I wanted to be. And I told him `yeah, I'm happy, happy to be here.'"
-Young says he can't wait to report to UM Jan. 8.
-"I'm very excited," Young said. "I never thought I'd be in this situation to graduate early. It feels good.
-"I'll work out hard, study in class and get along with the players, get acclimated to the school."
-Does he have a good chance to play early?-"Oh, yeah," Young said. "If I come in and work hard, learn the plays, I can play right away."

Advertisement
Db Dennis Turner decommits on the same day two of our top db commits ended their offcial visits here. Hmmm..

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
How the **** is this thread 21 pages. U mofos need to find something better to do with your sundays, like get your heathen asses to church.

oops, now 22 pages

Advertisement
Back