Positive sign about the 2017 class in retrospect

RocketsandCanes

RocketsandCanes
I was curious to see where the kids that Richt and Co. cooled on during the process ended up. What I found was that it seems he and the staff had a pretty good eye for who not to keep if where they ended up signing is any evidence. We all saw Golden signing his last minute specials like James King (former FAU commit) and Terrence Henley (Not sure if he even had offers). I think this is a pretty good sign moving forward regarding the staff's talent evaluation. Hopefully is proves to limit the amount of JAG's we have in the future.

Rodney Scott: Buffalo
Billy Gibson: Oregon (This was a product of a non-P5 coach moving to a P5 program and having to scramble together a class)
Kevaughn Dingle: USF
Nick Roberts: USF
Tyler Dunning: Miss St.
Bentavious Thompson: UCF
Ahman Ross: FAU

The 2 exceptions I identified -
Aundre Kearney: Virginia Tech (I can''t remember if richt dropped him or if he just decommitted when/before Golden left)
Kemore Gamble: Florida

Advertisement
Could add Brini, even though he ended up at UGA. Although I think he only got the ok to commit when they missed on someone they had higher.

Every kid on that list would have been in our class if Golden was still the coach.

Donaldson, Dallas, Bandy, Carter, Thomas, etc would not be.

I would have like to keep dunning as an extra actual LB which wilder is not

I would have like to keep dunning as an extra actual LB which wilder is not

I was always a little interested as to why they dropped Dunning. Time will have to tell now though. I think Wilder, regardless of whether he looks like an "actual linebacker", will end up being a very productive player for us.

Advertisement
You are selectively using the data to try to make your point. Just stop. We will know in a couple years what we got.

You are selectively using the data to try to make your point. Just stop. We will know in a couple years what we got.
There's nothing selective about it. He's looking at the kids Richt dropped/let walk and drawing a conclusion. I don't see him saying this means anything with respect to who we kept, so I'm not really sure what your point is. Almost none of the kids we dropped ended up at a P5 school which tells us that all the other P5 coaches were seeing what Richt was seeing in these kids.

Obviously we will have to wait an see. I simply stated it seems promising. That could always be proven wrong. No need to get your panties in a bunch over it though.

Advertisement

i think the point he is trying is that we had some JAGs previously committed . . . we can't afford to miss how we've been missing

Every kid on that list would have been in our class if Golden was still the coach.

Donaldson, Dallas, Bandy, Carter, Thomas, etc would not be.

You could add Weldon and Jennings to that list as well. FSU legacy family that knew Richt.

There's nothing selective about it. He's looking at the kids Richt dropped/let walk and drawing a conclusion. I don't see him saying this means anything with respect to who we kept, so I'm not really sure what your point is. Almost none of the kids we dropped ended up at a P5 school which tells us that all the other P5 coaches were seeing what Richt was seeing in these kids.

How is he being selective when he also shows the 3 guys that we dropped that went on to UF, VTech, and Mississippi St?

Obviously we will have to wait an see. I simply stated it seems promising. That could always be proven wrong. No need to get your panties in a bunch over it though.

My panties aren't in a bunch dude. Sorry I'm not filled with sunshine and rainbows. The point you are making (guys we cooled on didn't have real P5 offers) is a valid one. I take exception with two parts of your argument. First of all you omitted Telfort and Brini. Im glad we cooled on those guys, but they probably have the best chance for success. Also, Dunning went to Mississippi State. Last I checked, they were a P5 in the SEC. Again, I'm glad we cooled on all these guys. You also made an excuse as to why Oregon took Gibson. Finally, Gamble also went to UF.

Secondly, this data (guys we dropped that didn't get major offers) has no real bearing on what we actually did get. Example being because we cooled on Telfort, that doesn't make Herbert a better or worse prospect.

We got a good class. Of course the guys we cooled on didn't have great offers. This should be true for most P5 programs. Also, we won't be able to determine if this was the right choice for a couple years. All you are doing now is manipulating data to make yourself feel better about the class we did get. That's my point.

Advertisement

How is he being selective when he also shows the 3 guys that we dropped that went on to UF, VTech, and Mississippi St?

Seems like a troll who is still butt hurt about Juedy and some CBs who left town.

3948715.jpg

All hail!!!! All the decisions we make in recruiting!!!Hail!!!Hail!!!Hail!!!

You'd be hard-pressed to find a Freshmen that outperformed our 2016 group this past season. I expect the same from the 2017 group.

Advertisement
I'm ecstatic with dropping every single one of those bums. You're not going to compete with Clemson signing 8 slugs per class.

Brini was the one that made no sense to me. But then again.... Rumph Dumph is running that CB operation so who knows.

Advertisement
Back