Positive sign about the 2017 class in retrospect

Where are the sfla sleepers that we let get away? Lol You never know until they shine somewhere else....This is why you go after OOS kids like Thomas, Dallas, Njoku etc... to compensate the loss of talent like a Juedy and not so talented kids like this in the area.

Advertisement
You are selectively using the data to try to make your point. Just stop. We will know in a couple years what we got.

Obviously we will have to wait an see. I simply stated it seems promising. That could always be proven wrong. No need to get your panties in a bunch over it though.

My panties aren't in a bunch dude. Sorry I'm not filled with sunshine and rainbows. The point you are making (guys we cooled on didn't have real P5 offers) is a valid one. I take exception with two parts of your argument. First of all you omitted Telfort and Brini. Im glad we cooled on those guys, but they probably have the best chance for success. Also, Dunning went to Mississippi State. Last I checked, they were a P5 in the SEC. Again, I'm glad we cooled on all these guys. You also made an excuse as to why Oregon took Gibson. Finally, Gamble also went to UF.

Secondly, this data (guys we dropped that didn't get major offers) has no real bearing on what we actually did get. Example being because we cooled on Telfort, that doesn't make Herbert a better or worse prospect.

We got a good class. Of course the guys we cooled on didn't have great offers. This should be true for most P5 programs. Also, we won't be able to determine if this was the right choice for a couple years. All you are doing now is manipulating data to make yourself feel better about the class we did get. That's my point.

I didn't "omit" anyone. Telfort decommitted on his own under Golden. He was not dropped by Richt. Brini was never committed to us in the first place. These were all the players that Richt and his staff dropped from the class. Again I'm not sure on Kearney, I can't remember if he decommitted before Richt was hired. I'm not manipulating "data" either. This isn't some science experiment. It's just an observation of the guys we dropped, and it's just one sign of the quality of evaluation by Richt's staff, in that most other competitive P5 programs obviously felt the same way about these kids as Richt.

By the way if we want to talk Brini lets also not act like his last second commitment to Georgia wasn't the result of Georgia missing on someone higher up on their board. That kid was considering FIU and USF in the last week.

Bottom line is I was stating nothing about the class we took, only the guys we dropped. Once again it will take time to see if these kids pan out. Rodney Scott could very well become the next Antonio Brown, T.Y. Hilton, or Breshad Perrimen. Jeff Thomas could in theory become the next D'Mauri Jones.

I was curious to see where the kids that Richt and Co. cooled on during the process ended up. What I found was that it seems he and the staff had a pretty good eye for who not to keep if where they ended up signing is any evidence. We all saw Golden signing his last minute specials like James King (former FAU commit) and Terrence Henley (Not sure if he even had offers). I think this is a pretty good sign moving forward regarding the staff's talent evaluation. Hopefully is proves to limit the amount of JAG's we have in the future.

Rodney Scott: Buffalo
Billy Gibson: Oregon (This was a product of a non-P5 coach moving to a P5 program and having to scramble together a class)
Kevaughn Dingle: USF
Nick Roberts: USF
Tyler Dunning: Miss St.
Bentavious Thompson: UCF
Ahman Ross: FAU

The 2 exceptions I identified -
Aundre Kearney: Virginia Tech (I can''t remember if richt dropped him or if he just decommitted when/before Golden left)
Kemore Gamble: Florida

did thi sthread already the day after signing day brah

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/evals/117025

I was curious to see where the kids that Richt and Co. cooled on during the process ended up. What I found was that it seems he and the staff had a pretty good eye for who not to keep if where they ended up signing is any evidence. We all saw Golden signing his last minute specials like James King (former FAU commit) and Terrence Henley (Not sure if he even had offers). I think this is a pretty good sign moving forward regarding the staff's talent evaluation. Hopefully is proves to limit the amount of JAG's we have in the future.

Rodney Scott: Buffalo
Billy Gibson: Oregon (This was a product of a non-P5 coach moving to a P5 program and having to scramble together a class)
Kevaughn Dingle: USF
Nick Roberts: USF
Tyler Dunning: Miss St.
Bentavious Thompson: UCF
Ahman Ross: FAU

The 2 exceptions I identified -
Aundre Kearney: Virginia Tech (I can''t remember if richt dropped him or if he just decommitted when/before Golden left)
Kemore Gamble: Florida

did thi sthread already the day after signing day brah

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/evals/117025

My bad didn't mean to repeat. Didn't really see anyone talk about the talent evaluation aspect of the drops in that thread though. I was just wondering if everyone thought it was a sign of good talent evaluation or just a coincidence.

I will root for Roberts and Dingle as long as we don't play them. I think Roberts will turn out to be a better CB than Henderson, JMO.

Advertisement
Brini was the one that made no sense to me. But then again.... Rumph Dumph is running that CB operation so who knows.

How does it not make sense? Do you think we should have taken Brini? I liked Brini early on but the guys who get paid for their evaluations decided to pass on him so I'm fine with it.

You are selectively using the data to try to make your point. Just stop. We will know in a couple years what we got.

Obviously we will have to wait an see. I simply stated it seems promising. That could always be proven wrong. No need to get your panties in a bunch over it though.

My panties aren't in a bunch dude. Sorry I'm not filled with sunshine and rainbows. The point you are making (guys we cooled on didn't have real P5 offers) is a valid one. I take exception with two parts of your argument. First of all you omitted Telfort and Brini. Im glad we cooled on those guys, but they probably have the best chance for success. Also, Dunning went to Mississippi State. Last I checked, they were a P5 in the SEC. Again, I'm glad we cooled on all these guys. You also made an excuse as to why Oregon took Gibson. Finally, Gamble also went to UF.

Secondly, this data (guys we dropped that didn't get major offers) has no real bearing on what we actually did get. Example being because we cooled on Telfort, that doesn't make Herbert a better or worse prospect.

We got a good class. Of course the guys we cooled on didn't have great offers. This should be true for most P5 programs. Also, we won't be able to determine if this was the right choice for a couple years. All you are doing now is manipulating data to make yourself feel better about the class we did get. That's my point.

What's wrong with sunshine? And rainbows?

No need to call dudes that wanted to be Canes, bums or Jags. Bums are faqqots like Hendo and Edwards.

I love our class and agree with OP. I do think that Roberts ends up being an excellent corner and Dingle will be a very good college WR. Just because they weren't Miami material talent wise don't mean ****. Kids like Dingle and Roberts bled orange and green. Despite little to no contact by the staff they remained committed until they finally saw the writing on the wall. Much respect to them and I wish them well.

I'm ecstatic with dropping every single one of those bums. You're not going to compete with Clemson signing 8 slugs per class.

While I agree, you don't win championships with those guys on paper today....please remind us all where you played your college ball. Bums and slugs, at least they didn't play is on signing day.

Advertisement
No need to call dudes that wanted to be Canes, bums or Jags. Bums are faqqots like Hendo and Edwards.

I love our class and agree with OP. I do think that Roberts ends up being an excellent corner and Dingle will be a very good college WR. Just because they weren't Miami material talent wise don't mean ****. Kids like Dingle and Roberts bled orange and green. Despite little to no contact by the staff they remained committed until they finally saw the writing on the wall. Much respect to them and I wish them well.

Dingle will be a very good possession receiver. All he is lacking is speed. Should he perfectly his route running, they got a good one.

I know it was only in shorts and t-shirts, but Roberts looked as good or better than anyone in the camp circuit. I expect both to have excellent college careers.

Every kid on that list would have been in our class if Golden was still the coach.

Donaldson, Dallas, Bandy, Carter, Thomas, etc would not be.

So what. Al Golden is not the barometer for coaching success, including recruiting. He's an abject failure. Of course Richt is going to do better, as would any competent head coach.

Advertisement
Back