Positive article from Manny about D. Cook....

Advertisement
You mean the Lockett stuff? They'd be foolish to go play for the same coach for another three years. They stand to develop better with another coaching staff which might have different styles and philosophies. It might make it easier for them to transition to the NFL in another three or four years.

The article is somewhat encouraging, although only mildly so.

You mean the Lockett stuff? They'd be foolish to go play for the same coach for another three years. They stand to develop better with another coaching staff which might have different styles and philosophies. It might make it easier for them to transition to the NFL in another three or four years.

The article is somewhat encouraging, although only mildly so.

Kind of like how it would be dumb to play with the same teammate haha

Just win baby. Unfortunately, we have to wait til September 7th to start showing Cook why this is the place not Gainsville.

Advertisement
My thought was always get 2 of 3 and I'm happy. As it stands today, I aint happy. Still time to flip one of the two. Gotta win some games this year.

Advertisement
I really hope that yearby at least is solid

How many running backs have rushed for over 2000 yards in 1 season in Dade County, then gone on to be a medicore back in college?

edit: thought u meant solid back, not solid commit.

Last edited by a moderator:
No Michel to compete with ...

Brother on the basketball team ...

Play with 2 other high school teammates ...

Seems to me, the Florida v. Miami game will have some significant recruiting implications.

Getting Cook looks like it will be about who has the better program ...

Advertisement
No Michel to compete with ...

Brother on the basketball team ...

Play with 2 other high school teammates ...

Seems to me, the Florida v. Miami game will have some significant recruiting implications.

Getting Cook looks like it will be about who has the better program ...

Great points but we tried applying logic to Sony's situation, it pointed to us, but you know how that went

Last edited:
Advertisement

How many running backs have rushed for over 2000 yards in 1 season in Dade County, then gone on to be a medicore back in college?

There were some highly productive backs in Dade who went on to college and did very well, but I don't think made it into the NFL. What happened with those Davis brothers, Darren and Troy?

I don't know Dade football very well, since I'm much older and live up north. I knew Dade football in the sixties, but not the 90's or 2000's. What about Sedrick Irvin. As far as I recall, these guys all had good college careers, but I don't know if they were stellar. Gaining a lot of yards in college does not make them stellar, necessarily.

By the time Sedrick Irvin was ready for the NFL, he was a pedestrian back.

Maybe I'm wrong, somebody with more knowledge can set me straight.

There were some highly productive backs in Dade who went on to college and did very well, but I don't think made it into the NFL. What happened with those Davis brothers, Darren and Troy?

I don't know Dade football very well, since I'm much older and live up north. I knew Dade football in the sixties, but not the 90's or 2000's. What about Sedrick Irvin. As far as I recall, these guys all had good college careers, but I don't know if they were stellar. Gaining a lot of yards in college does not make them stellar, necessarily.

By the time Sedrick Irvin was ready for the NFL, he was a pedestrian back.

Maybe I'm wrong, somebody with more knowledge can set me straight.

Troy Davis had a great career at Iowa St. Darren, less so. I believe they both dabbled in the NFL while Troy did really well in the CFL, IIRC.

Irvin was a solid guy at MSU and didn't do much in the pros.

Advertisement
Back