Position Group Grades 2021

umfire

Redshirt Freshman
Thought it would be interesting to parse the position groups out in relation to conference and nationally.

A = Best in conference, top 10 group nationally
B= Top quarter of conference
C= Average, middle of the pack in conference
D= Obvious weak spot, bottom third in conference
F = Wreck the season bad

2020 2021

Wrs: D C
Qbs: B B+
Rbs: B B+
TE: A- B+
OL: C B-

Corners C- B-
Safeties C- B-
LBs. D. C
DE. A- B
DT. C+ B

Overall, talent is improving as should coaching this year. Offense should be a top 25 unit nationally. Defense, it’s all about LB and safety play because our corners have a definite ceiling. LB and safety play goes from below average to even slightly above average this is probably a borderline top 25 D too

Advertisement
Advertisement
Thought it would be interesting to parse the position groups out in relation to conference and nationally.

F = Wreck the season bad

2020 2021

Corners C- B-
Safeties C- B-
LBs. D. C
DE. A- B
DT. C+ B

Overall, talent is improving as should coaching this year. Offense should be a top 25 unit nationally. Defense, it’s all about LB and safety play because our corners have a definite ceiling. LB and safety play goes from below average to even slightly above average this is probably a borderline top 25 D too
No way DE grades less than an A. You have an All-American in Phillips and a 3rd team All-ACC in Roche. I think we have enough athlecism to be a B in 2021. I think Harvey has a breakout uear and Johnson can spell Roche. You are generous with DT. At best a C-. We were not in the top half of the conference. Harrison-Hunte is going to break out. I think Simpson improves the unit. If we can get Taylor to +280 he is in the 2-deep. We get little out of Ford and Miller. Stevenson gives us All-ACC potential at one corner. I expect Blades to be very good under T-Rob. Couch will be terrific as a slot corner. Our linebackers graded as an F. Worst in the P5. T-Will has his work cut out for him. We have athlecism now at safety. James Williams is playing a lot. Again, T-Rob improves this unit.

Advertisement

F = Wreck the season bad

2020 2021

Corners C- B-
Safeties C- B-
LBs. D. C
DE. A- B
DT. C+ B

Think after spring I'll go:

WR: B
QB: A- (only not an A because of King's injury)
RB: B+
TE: B (would be higher but these guys need to remain healthy)
OL: B

CB: B-
Safety: B
LB: C-
DE: C+
DT: B

You think King is the best QB in the conference? I never really gave it much thought but that seems high

WRs seem high too, we should be better but Top quarter of ACC seems high.

I like the rest for the most part

Last edited:
Advertisement
I hope we use Williams at LB this year.. especially if he wants early PT
Thats a tough transition for anyone as a true freshman. In HS safety are never blocked and roam free to make tackles, you move up to Power 5 football and he's gonna have 300 lb OL putting bodies on him.
Maybe he can do it, but I don't really want him to have to.

Thats a tough transition for anyone as a true freshman. In HS safety are never blocked and roam free to make tackles, you move up to Power 5 football and he's gonna have 300 lb OL putting bodies on him.
Maybe he can do it, but I don't really want him to have to.
He played in the box last year.. however you do have a valid point it's a whole different ball game in college with the size of o linemen.. But if we want our best players on the field and he wants to play early that might be the best option

Advertisement
You think King is the best QB in the conference? I never really gave it much thought but that seems high

WRs seem high too, we should be better but Top quarter of ACC seems high.

I like the rest for the most part

hey bro, King can't complete a pass longer than 10 yards -- these dudes are all kinds of ****ed up in here.

we would win the conference with Captain at QB.

idk wtf is wrong with Diaz, but it's serious

Advertisement
Back