Position Coaches matter

A position coach can't overcome a terrible scheme.

I agree a QB coach who is not a coordinator can have a huge difference.

Otherwise, a great DL coach wont have much of an impact here.

i didnt say that. however, look at the ability of denzel, thurston, grace, etc.
then look at our bad the technique of our db's is.

So you're saying Hurlie freakin' Brown can coach his position better than Paul Williams or Jethro Franklin? LOL

Based on what?

Because Denzel is great. I'm surprised you guys don't get it. If you coach a great player it means you're a great coach even if that great player doesn't max out his potential. Hurlie Brown is a grizzled LB coaching grey beard.

Armbrister was a latee signee, undersized safety and played pretty well in big games this year. Kirby and grace were both very improved. Compared to the DL & DB's who were playing with the same **** poor technique, i think hurlie is doing ok.

Advertisement
Listen, we all know the scheme sucks and we all want Golden and Coach D gone. However, if you think position coaches dont matter, you're crazy. our scheme sucks but Denzel and Thurston are going to be in the NFL. Kirby and Grace will also. Owens showed flashes so i anticipate he will have a good career. Now, look at DL and DB where we have temple coaches. Those players have horrible technique. You guys say "frankin was doing Golden's patty cake stuff." You really believe golden doesnt want his dl to get pressure on the QB? come on. Will we win, will our defense become top 10, etc with new position coaches. Highly doubt it but they still matter.

Of course position coaches matter. It's common sense. They can be render'd useless if the scheme or overall philosophy is garbage. That's the case with golden.

A position coach can't overcome a terrible scheme.

I agree a QB coach who is not a coordinator can have a huge difference.

Otherwise, a great DL coach wont have much of an impact here.

i didnt say that. however, look at the ability of denzel, thurston, grace, etc.
then look at our bad the technique of our db's is.

So you're saying Hurlie freakin' Brown can coach his position better than Paul Williams or Jethro Franklin? LOL

Based on what?

Because Denzel is great. I'm surprised you guys don't get it. If you coach a great player it means you're a great coach even if that great player doesn't max out his potential. Hurlie Brown is a grizzled LB coaching grey beard.

Armbrister was a latee signee, undersized safety and played pretty well in big games this year. Kirby and grace were both very improved. Compared to the DL & DB's who were playing with the same **** poor technique, i think hurlie is doing ok.

Kirby was a very highly sought after prospect, who hasn't done anything yet at UM. Compared to his hype coming in, he's badly underachieved.

Grace is an incredible talent, who would have been killing it anywhere. Everyone saw that. Yet he hasn't really done all that much here either.

kirby played much better this year. his first year, he had missed most of camp and half the season. he should have redshirted. last year, he was sitting because of scrubs like gaines and ty cornelius. he and grace were all over the field this year.

Listen, we all know the scheme sucks and we all want Golden and Coach D gone. However, if you think position coaches dont matter, you're crazy. our scheme sucks but Denzel and Thurston are going to be in the NFL. Kirby and Grace will also. Owens showed flashes so i anticipate he will have a good career. Now, look at DL and DB where we have temple coaches. Those players have horrible technique. You guys say "frankin was doing Golden's patty cake stuff." You really believe golden doesnt want his dl to get pressure on the QB? come on. Will we win, will our defense become top 10, etc with new position coaches. Highly doubt it but they still matter.

"Will we win, will our defense become top 10, etc with new position coaches. Highly doubt it but they still matter."

That quote is what people are trying to say.
Position coaches matter but with out addressing the real issue (head coach,defensive coordinator,squeme) it's not changing the outcome.
Even the best DL coach can't overcome the HC,DC,squeme trifecta.

Advertisement

He said he didn't after we lost to VT in 2013.

Position coaches don't mean jack shlt under a head coach this bad.

Wait....seriously?

man, what a bunch of mental midgets are on this board. read what i said. i was talking about technique. when did i defend golden?
Position coaches dont matter? Look at what Art does. look at what Scott has done with clive and standish. look at how ice changed Gus edwards.
all while we had crappy play calling. No wonder kids dont want to play for this fan base.

1. Kehoe, from all accounts, is a ****ty position coach.
2. Ice had nothing to do with Edwards. Matter of fact, Edwards was passed up by Yearby, a kid who just got here and has barely benefited from any college coaching.

i think all the OL that became rich after learning from Kehoe will disagree.

Yes, because he turned all those guys into NFL players. LOL

Brandon Linder, Shantrell Henderson and Bryant McKinnie would all be doomed without Kehoe.

man, what a bunch of mental midgets are on this board. read what i said. i was talking about technique. when did i defend golden?
Position coaches dont matter? Look at what Art does. look at what Scott has done with clive and standish. look at how ice changed Gus edwards.
all while we had crappy play calling. No wonder kids dont want to play for this fan base.

2. Ice had nothing to do with Edwards. Matter of fact, Edwards was passed up by Yearby, a kid who just got here and has barely benefited from any college coaching.

Brandon Linder, Shantrell Henderson and Bryant McKinnie would all be doomed without Kehoe.

Jon Feliciano and Erek Flowers will have make nfl money. Darling, nick linder, KC McDermott,etc will all make it into the NFL. he recruits and develops well. cut the nonsense.

Jon Feliciano and Erek Flowers will have make nfl money. Darling, nick linder, KC McDermott,etc will all make it into the NFL. he recruits and develops well. cut the nonsense.

yeah, duke was able to put up huge numbers as was Lamar before him because the line can't open holes. Do you remember the nightmare of an OL we had under Shannon's regime. Kehoe is good under any coach.

Advertisement

I coached one of the players you just mentioned.

I'll just leave it at that.

Keep thinking what you want.

Why isn't Grolden getting his ace assistants more $? We're doomed without them.

I coached one of the players you just mentioned.

I'll just leave it at that.

Keep thinking what you want.

look i am comparing him to the rest of this staff. its not a high bar. I pray everyday we get butch back.

Advertisement
Didn't golden bench Luther Robinson for Getting pressure on the QB. No he doesn't want his Dline to get pressure. He wants them in a frog stance.

Running a zone scheme with 315lb+ lineman is a problem that shouldn't be ignored. Whenever it's line up and smash-mouth the OL does better.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back