Porter, and Reynolds "our" media squeezing UM nuts.

I thought Porter was going to get better? Aah, but no.

He pokes at Miami just trying to start to practice. Get our team back together and on the same page.

My point is that he is part of a reporting face of our program. Yet he a prick. Sorry, I meant cuk No I mean ****l.

Canes , lace them up, go kick some Toledo *** next weekend. And then who is next..

I've never understood the Porter hate but this just might convince me. Seems like the guy has an agenda against sentence structure. Can't have that.

I got a nice laugh out of this one. I don't understand the Porter hate. I think he does a good job of bringing a realistic point of view to the coverage. Why do people want to get only positive coverage from a beat writer?

Honestly I think it's because local writers have done real harm to the program, and there isn't a circle the wagons mentality like in SEC circles. We don't generally get the benefit of the doubt locally, and it'd be a lot easier to swallow occasional negative pub if it felt like the support was there day in and out.

Advertisement
People, this isn't Tuscaloosa, or Lincoln, or Auburn. In other words, the media around the program don't owe the University anything. They aren't going to pump up the local team, just because they can. Do they take cheap shots? **** yes, they do that because they know that 'Noles, Gators and pretty much anyone that isn't a Miami fan will eat that crap up. It's the same reason why WQAM airs our rivals' coaches shows even though they are Miami's flagship radio partner.

I thought Porter was going to get better? Aah, but no.

He pokes at Miami just trying to start to practice. Get our team back together and on the same page.

My point is that he is part of a reporting face of our program. Yet he a prick. Sorry, I meant cuk No I mean ****l.

Canes , lace them up, go kick some Toledo *** next weekend. And then who is next..

I've never understood the Porter hate but this just might convince me. Seems like the guy has an agenda against sentence structure. Can't have that.

I got a nice laugh out of this one. I don't understand the Porter hate. I think he does a good job of bringing a realistic point of view to the coverage. Why do people want to get only positive coverage from a beat writer?

Honestly I think it's because local writers have done real harm to the program, and there isn't a circle the wagons mentality like in SEC circles. We don't generally get the benefit of the doubt locally, and it'd be a lot easier to swallow occasional negative pub if it felt like the support was there day in and out.

A beat writer isn't there to support the local team. He is there to tell pertinent stories that people want to read.

ehhhh?...What was said that has everyone worked up? must have missed it.

He isn't blowing smoke up their asses, and that has rustled some jimmies. The funny part is that anyone with an IQ of 70 understands that Miami will always have to deal with a local media that isn't in their back pocket. This isn't some podunk town where the football program is the only thing worth covering.

Advertisement
I don't get some of you. We all mock the writers for teams like UF, FSU, Bama, etc for having a never ending circle jerk about the teams they cover, but when one of our writers writes it how he thinks it is, you guys sharpen the pitchforks.

I know Matt and he is a good guy who tries to do his job in a professional and unbiased manner. However, on the inside he is becoming a UM fan. These last few weeks have helped that. If you had a conversation with him off the record, you would hear him hoping Miami reschedules Arky St. and drops 80 on them. Not every writer needs to jerk the team off at every opportunity. If you want that you are no better than the sunshine pumping UF fans you love to mock.

Because of what some believe was gibberish, when it really was not.

Porter can come of as condescending at times. He just does.

Now if some of you know him, ok. It sounds like he is a good man. That is good to hear. If he wants to be a fan then great.

Their are other posters on here that have said the same thing I did. I said nothing new, I just did it after 25 beers :monkey-serious:

Now if some of you know him, ok. It sounds like he is a good man. That is good to hear. If he wants to be a fan then great.

Their are other posters on here that have said the same thing I did. I said nothing new, I just did it after 25 beers :monkey-serious:

Did you just have 26 beers because this post is even worse?

Advertisement
Porter probably does the best job of anyone who covers the team.

Pete gets the info first and for that he's obviously very valuable.

Advertisement

Did you just have 26 beers because this post is even worse?

I may have had 26 beers, but I am still sharting on you hero!

Go look it up. Under my name fool.

Reynolds doesn't want to cover UM football. He just doesn't. He'd rather soley focus on NBA and bobsledding. He's useless and I stopped reading his UM pieces a while ago.

Matt Porter is good at what he does. Provides in my opinion valuable pieces that aren't fluff nor overly critical pieces for the sake of being critical.

Matt porter seems like a conceited d*ck head
[TWEET]910679132685684737[/TWEET]
He really gets mad over sh*t like this.

Advertisement
Nah, Feinberg is a jerkoff too. Guy thinks he's some self important superfan who's better than everyone, including people who cover the team.

Edwin Pope wrote epic pro-Miami sagas on the front page of the Herald for years (along with Greg Cote) Dan was and is a mixed bag. I also trust anything Manny Navarro writes about us as he is a local guy who gives a sh*t. But Caneswatch blog has been at best professional yet bland and pedestrian during Porter's time. I liked Jorge Milian's run covering caneswatch for the PBP. Chirinos (local) is better than her predecessor, Steve Gorten (UF Alum). Tubby Tim Reynolds is a whole other matter. Dude is a Syracuse guy who hates Miami. He had a close relationship to Golden & D'Onofrio because they look essentially separated at birth. **** that guy.

You're dead wrong about Milan. He was a hardcore gaturd that hated the canes and gave zero fūcks that it showed. It was painfully clear in his writing. I also stood behind him and another reporter in the concession line several years ago, and the guy couldn't stop talking shīt about Miami. He despised the canes. True story.

Nah, Feinberg is a jerkoff too. Guy thinks he's some self important superfan who's better than everyone, including people who cover the team.

I agree on this. Feinberg is a tool who thinks he is "special". Plus he is always stealing pictures and passing them off as if they were his.

I agree on this. Feinberg is a tool who thinks he is "special". Plus he is always stealing pictures and passing them off as if they were his.

He's close to a 50 year old man who says bro and told Porter he drives clicks for him that "Feeds his family". How pathetic can you be.

Advertisement
Back