Portal Targets

Him and the Idaho kid are perfect fits to replace Miller. I like skilled guys that hit growth spurts late in HS.
To me, the perfect guy to replace Miller would've been Jamison Battle formerly at Minnesota. However, he recently committed to Ohio St. so he's now off the board.

Do think we need to find someone to play Miller's role but also think we need to get bigger. Need a guy or 2 who can take up some space in the lane and block some shots. I know I'm dreaming but Ke'lel Ware would be my #1 guy in the portal. He fits exactly what we need. A young, mobile 7fter who won't demand the ball but will block shots, rebound and sprint the floor. Also, has the mobility to defend the picks how Larranaga likes to do it.

Playing Pack, Wong (IF he comes back), Wooga, Omier and this big would give us a great 5 to make another deep run in the NCAAT.

Last edited:
Advertisement
To me, the perfect guy to replace Miller would've been Jamison Battle formerly at Minnesota. However, he recently committed to Ohio St. so he's now off the board.

Do think we need to find someone to play Miller's role but also think we need to get bigger. Need a guy or 2 who can take up some space in the lane and block some shots. I know I'm dreaming but Ke'lel Ware would be my #1 guy in the portal. He fits exactly what we need. A young, mobile 7fter who won't demand the ball but will block shots, rebound and sprint the floor. Also, has the mobility to defend the picks how Larranaga likes to do it.

Playing Pack, Wong (IF he comes back), Wooga, Omier and this big would give us a great 5 to make another deep run in the NCAAT.
I’d much rather add a big and a miller replacement . That way we could still play small ball and cause matchup issues for most teams but still have the ability to go bigger when we face teams like UConn. UConn caused so many issues for teams because they had enough depth to go small or big when needed. But we definitely need size.

Advertisement
Miami has the $
Let's say Wong and Pack return with the same contract they have with Ruiz this past year. If that were the case, how would it sit with them after last season's greatness, to possibly make less than some new, unproven player transferring in?

And, what about Omier? Haven't heard anything about what he made from NIL (and that's the way it should be). If it's significantly less than the guards, though, how does that sit? Without him, this Miami team would have needed luck just to make the Tourney.

You not only need the $$ but the knowledge of how to manage it. And the kicker is that you, as the HC, aren't even managing it! That's the business people out in the community paying for their Name/Image/Likeness. It's all one big headache to HCs I'm sure.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Let's say Wong and Pack return with the same contract they have with Ruiz this past year. If that were the case, how would it sit with them after last season's greatness, to possibly make less than some new, unproven player transferring in?

And, what about Omier? Haven't heard anything about what he made from NIL (and that's the way it should be). If it's significantly less than the guards, though, how does that sit? Without him, this Miami team would have needed luck just to make the Tourney.

You not only need the $$ but the knowledge of how to manage it. And the kicker is that you, as the HC, aren't even managing it! That's the business people out in the community paying for their Name/Image/Likeness. It's all one big headache to HCs I'm sure.
Worked out OK this season

Unlikely that anyone other than Wong would get a Pack level deal. 400k is still a big number… even with the run up of the market.

Advertisement
Intriguing player. I like him a lot.
D2 14.4 ppg eh. I’d like players we know are gonna be top notch. Norchad was #4 rebounder in the country, 17.9 ppg D1. Jordan Miller 15.8 ppg D1. Pack 17.4 ppg D1 P5. If you’re scoring under 15 D2 I’d take as a bench player at most.

Advertisement
D2 14.4 ppg eh. I’d like players we know are gonna be top notch. Norchad was #4 rebounder in the country, 17.9 ppg D1. Jordan Miller 15.8 ppg D1. Pack 17.4 ppg D1 P5. If you’re scoring under 15 D2 I’d take as a bench player at most.
Well yeah. I didn't necessarily mean for us. I just meant in general. 6'9 and create match up problems (if developed properly) if you play big or small.

Not that we were after ****inson or Ware but both appear to be heading elsewhere.

Aimaq (Cal) is off the table

That leaves in no particular order for bigs

Ike
Handlogten (Florida)
Onyenso (might be going back to UK)
Nkamhoua
Traore
Mast
Boone
Krikke (Iowa)
Hugley
Shedrick (not in top 5)
Beagle
Ousmane
Phillips
Sharp
Batcho
Joseph
Baker
Reid
DeLoach
Amzil
Records
Ware (Indiana)
Edwards

Outside of Ike, I’d like to see us make a run at Handgloten, Boone, Ousmane, Nkamhoua, Beagle, Mast or Krikke

Last edited:
NSU is the top D2 team in the country. They'd give a lot of D1 schools a run for their money, including Arkansas St (Omier's former school). You'd probably be surprised, but there's not much of a drop off between the top D2 programs and the low D1 programs.

Aside from that, sometimes you've got to trust your eyes and what you see. 6'9"-6'10" guy with some PG skills is a scary proposition. Just don't see it everyday. IF he can keep his 3pt shooting up around 40% or better, he'll probably be a lottery pick. There's a reason every blue blood in the country was after him.

Last edited:

Omier is in school here on a visa. Due to that he has to be very careful about making money in the states.

Advertisement
Back