Portal Talk: Now that we know where we are

Advertisement
Advertisement
For what it's worth also need a Willis type dlineman.just need to recruit good players and develop them into studs.know some say we need bags I hate to inform you bags have have been around a lot longer than just the last ten years.
Never heard about them in the '80's and '90's like we do now. Are we just hearing more it are they a bigger factor.

I used to here we only paid Dade players anyway.

Donaldson. Always remember that google is your friend. I think they have the roster on here too bud.
When I'm reading on my phone I don't care to get out of the browser to start googling. Call me lazy. It's more lazy to start dropping numbers instead of names into posts. When I think of players, I don't think of them by numbers, I think of names.

Last year was a one time thing in terms of the sheer volume of players we got who were eligible to play right away. NCAA is tightening those rules and the portal will always be important to monitor, but I don’t think there will be as many guys available who can play day one.

We’ve got to be prepared to roll with who we have, and we need to win enough games to secure a talented and large recruiting class to get our scholarship numbers up and fill holes with HS talent. Not losing any juniors to the draft would help also.

Advertisement
No OL is going to come here to ride the pine. We’ve found our starting 5. It’s time to let them grow and mature into a strength of the team.

Next years OL will be SO, SR, JR, SO, JR.

It’s more imperative we bring in 4-5 recruits and start developing them.

Advertisement
Exceptions can be found for everything. Much better chance of finding good PK in juco ranks than the portal. Do not care where they find one.

Advertisement
Manny proved to be a wizard at the portal game this past offseason, and this coming offseason, we need him to call upon those Eldridge powers again.

We need to grab 2-3 STUD OL off of some good teams who are looking to up their draft stock. If we could land a tackle or two that can start at RT, then we can shift Scaife back inside and then you're talking about (assuming they keep improving) the kind of OL that allows you to make a legit playoff run.

Secondarily, we should pluck 2 stud LB's who are also looking to up their stock for the draft.

Finally, with the idea that we're making a serious run to regain our rightful place in the top 10, bringing in a stud PK to un-Baxa us for the 2020 season, would seem to be an absolute no brainer and would seem very doable.

Thoughts on Portal movements for this offseason now that we kind of know what we have?

I highly doubt we will see much Portal movement if we are taking a full class

1) best available kicker in the country

2) redshirt McCloud this year (McCloud, Joyner, Jennings, Brooks, Huff, 3 FR and if Steed ever gets healthy) should be more than enough.

Never heard about them in the '80's and '90's like we do now. Are we just hearing more it are they a bigger factor.

I used to here we only paid Dade players anyway.
It was there then bags weren't as big.kids then didn't have the $ bill sign in their eyes like they do now.you know how It was then you earned it then it wasn't given to you.

Manny proved to be a wizard at the portal game this past offseason, and this coming offseason, we need him to call upon those Eldridge powers again.

We need to grab 2-3 STUD OL off of some good teams who are looking to up their draft stock. If we could land a tackle or two that can start at RT, then we can shift Scaife back inside and then you're talking about (assuming they keep improving) the kind of OL that allows you to make a legit playoff run.

Secondarily, we should pluck 2 stud LB's who are also looking to up their stock for the draft.

Finally, with the idea that we're making a serious run to regain our rightful place in the top 10, bringing in a stud PK to un-Baxa us for the 2020 season, would seem to be an absolute no brainer and would seem very doable.

Thoughts on Portal movements for this offseason now that we kind of know what we have?
We should be going to Wisconsin and make as many O LINE offers as we can. Even the guys they don't take would probably be superior to what we recruit. Those dudes were weaned, from birth, on cheese and Leinenkugel.

Advertisement
Back