Portal Overview and Information

Advertisement
Does not even list Hayden Mahoney. Rumor has it that he will emerge at Boston College.
4_7823822.jpg

Hayden Mahoney
OG
6-5 / 296

?

I am surprised that aside from Hurts, Bama does not have more players trying to transfer. A lot of top notch kids riding the bench and with all the recent coaching turnover surprised me.

Advertisement
Not To kick a dead hoarse but....

How does this (if at all) effect the bag game?
As an institutions, do you continue to drop resources to a possible one and done athlete?
As an athlete, do you secure the bag, then dip, in a year?

As an institutions, do you continue to drop resources to a possible one and done athlete?
Don’t think it’ll impact the bag game. Most of the kids In the portal aren’t getting major burn, so it’s not a big loss to the program.

Teams in the bag game I’m sure understand that not all recruits will end up worth the money they’ve taken.

Advertisement
Don’t think it’ll impact the bag game. Most of the kids In the portal aren’t getting major burn, so it’s not a big loss to the program.

Teams in the bag game I’m sure understand that not all recruits will end up worth the money they’ve taken.

1. I think it changes the game. Less money up front with payments/benefits over time. That also creates a greater likelihood of a trail, if that mattered.
2. I suspect you start seeing kids leave pretty early. Bru from USC is a good example.
3. They may be big losses to the program as they were supposed to be studs next year, but are leaving this year. Guys who just can't be patient. The Iowa DT is a good example this year.

Agreed but I do like how it will be harder for these complete scumbag coaches to get away with lies when a kid won’t be punished as harshly if he realizes it and wants to leave. The way it was a few years back (with blocking and sitting) was just ridiculous

I am surprised that aside from Hurts, Bama does not have more players trying to transfer. A lot of top notch kids riding the bench and with all the recent coaching turnover surprised me.
Some people like competition...🤷🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️

1. I think it changes the game. Less money up front with payments/benefits over time. That also creates a greater likelihood of a trail, if that mattered.
2. I suspect you start seeing kids leave pretty early. Bru from USC is a good example.
3. They may be big losses to the program as they were supposed to be studs next year, but are leaving this year. Guys who just can't be patient. The Iowa DT is a good example this year.
I think that the guys getting the most benefits are largely the guys that don’t need to be patient. Every recruit isn’t paid. We haven’t really seen many of the very highly rated guys leaving.

I also don’t think the bagmen are going to change how they pay upfront. And if they really want to keep a kid from transferring, they’ll handle it when they time comes. I just don’t see too many of those types of players leaving.

Advertisement

Realistically....it probably happens less than you think. They might get some scratch money here and there, but probably more pay for play bonuses...i dont think it is Shaq and Penny type bags in most cases. Kids are dumb...they want material things like buy me these 300$ shoes.

Yup this transfer system is amazing and gives players an option

Back in the day before the 85 scholly limit
USC w John McKay used to offer everyone and have them ride the pine...his philosophy was that if they were on his team they couldn’t hurt usc by playing against them!

Realistically....it probably happens less than you think. They might get some scratch money here and there, but probably more pay for play bonuses...i dont think it is Shaq and Penny type bags in most cases. Kids are dumb...they want material things like buy me these 300$ shoes.
My question was more tailored to the big draw names,.. The top 5-10 %. Anything that helps level the field for the rest of the schools, trying to somewhat stay around the legal operating parameters!! Lol.

Advertisement

Saban could talk the ears off an elephant, that's why.

Advertisement
Back